AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-03-24, 07:15   Link #21
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
Isn't it also possible that there's no going back?
It is possible, though Shiroe and Nureha both know of at least one hypothetical way out (though no way of proving it as of yet).

And almost certainly some would not even want to go back (i probably wouldn't), not just because of living in a game sounding fun, but simply because they are fucking immortal in the game.
Why go back and die of old age when you can be eternally young immortal demigod instead?
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 08:39   Link #22
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4n1 View Post
It is possible, though Shiroe and Nureha both know of at least one hypothetical way out (though no way of proving it as of yet).

And almost certainly some would not even want to go back (i probably wouldn't), not just because of living in a game sounding fun, but simply because they are fucking immortal in the game.
Why go back and die of old age when you can be eternally young immortal demigod instead?
The problem is about the game itself. What if someone decided to shut down the servers? Maintaining servers is hard and it takes more resources.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 09:06   Link #23
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
The problem is about the game itself. What if someone decided to shut down the servers? Maintaining servers is hard and it takes more resources.
That's assuming this is a game though, and that there are even any servers to speak of.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 10:54   Link #24
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

I am really happy that we are going to get a second season, i hope there will be enough material for a two cours serie.

I wonder who will Tetra VA.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:23   Link #25
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
That's assuming this is a game though, and that there are even any servers to speak of.
Exactly.
Me, i kinda lean towards the alternate world/dimension hypothesis myself as it leaves less questions open.
But whether or not it is more advantageous to stay or leave, largely depends on the alternate world/virtual reality question.
Old 2014-03-24, 12:07   Link #26
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Well, assuming that people could look in from the outside what is happening to the people who have been hijacked into Elder Tale, there is a multitude of reasons why they wouldn't turn off the servers. For humanitarian purposes firstly, then because whomever did it would face charges of murder from the relatives of the people who have been "extinguished". And, to be honest, if people can follow the lives of the adventurers in Elder Tale, could there be a more entertaining reality show ever? That last point alone would provide all the financial incentive to keep on those servers forever.
Old 2014-03-24, 12:11   Link #27
Ickarium

I don't think it matters, as this isn't SAO. Elder Tale was a mouse and keyboard MMO. If they are somehow on servers, someone put them there through some sort of weird supertech for a reason. If they aren't, it doesn't matter.
Old 2014-03-24, 12:20   Link #28
magnuskn

The more I think about the idea of people from the real world being able to follow the adventures of the people hijacked into the world of Elder Tale, the more I find it hilarious. There probably would be fan-clubs for the different characters worldwide. It's quite meta. ^^
Old 2014-03-24, 12:25   Link #29
AntonKutovoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post
I am really happy that we are going to get a second season, i hope there will be enough material for a two cours serie.

I'd say that Jun Fukuyama is the most obvious choice. But it could be a Norio Wakamoto for laughs.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 12:57   Link #30
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS View Post

It kinda depends on how much they are willing to stretch the material available.
With the pace of season 1, it would end up a 1 cour series.
But if they stop cutting stuff out (like they did in season 1), and keep putting stuff in (like they did in season 1), i think they could stretch it to a 2 cour series.

But i suspect it will end up a 1 cour series (with stuff but cut and added).
Old 2014-03-24, 13:12   Link #31
Ickarium

Depends, really. 6-7-possibly-8 will do a fair bit. Then maybe Kanami or some of the other spinoff manga.
Old 2014-03-24, 13:18   Link #32
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
I'd say that Jun Fukuyama is the most obvious choice. But it could be a Norio Wakamoto for laughs.
Spoiler:

I'd either pick Yukari Tamura because of Tetra trolling Tankbro, or Yuu Kobayashi or Romi Park.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 13:29   Link #33
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Exactly.
Me, i kinda lean towards the alternate world/dimension hypothesis myself as it leaves less questions open.
But whether or not it is more advantageous to stay or leave, largely depends on the alternate world/virtual reality question.
The question is the timing of the world's birth.
Did it spontaneously emerge at the point of Catastrophe, and everything was retrospectively filled in to "make sense"?
Or rather, was it an alternate reality to begin with, which somehow shared connection to Shiroe's world's video game and was developed cocurrently, unknown to both parties?

Personally from logical POV, I tend to lean for the latter.
That the World Fraction somehow connected the universe of Theldesia to the American game designer, with or without the knowledge of anyone involved.
Old 2014-03-24, 13:32   Link #34
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The question is the timing of the world's birth.
Did it spontaneously emerge at the point of Catastrophe, and everything was retrospectively filled in to "make sense"?
Or rather, was it an alternate reality to begin with, which somehow shared connection to Shiroe's world's video game and was developed cocurrently, unknown to both parties?

That the World Fraction somehow connected the universe of Theldesia to the American game designer, with or without the knowledge of anyone involved.
or the Alvs who escape form the ET world into ours created the game and link it with the world.
Old 2014-03-24, 13:51   Link #35
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Pretty much my take as well, this both fits the facts available, and requires few assumptions outside of the known facts.

It is possible that ET is an alternate future that, at the time of world fraction, made a magical connection to earlier time point and somehow caused the game to be developed (or just affected game already in design phase).
Old 2014-03-24, 14:12   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
or the Alvs who escape form the ET world into ours created the game and link it with the world.
Haha, never thought of that.
Beware the family who never show their tongue to people!
Old 2014-03-25, 03:31   Link #37
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
That would be a nice twist.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:12   Link #38
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

Quote:

There lays the problem, IF the game mechanics are slowly eroding away and the world is adapting to more real life physics and laws.
The no aging/immortality thing is eventually up on the chopping block.
The characters mental changes and memory loss in some characters thus far also raises another problem as if
there comes a time if they never recall living in another world at all.
In a sense its akin to character identity or personality death.

In the next few volumes I am expecting to see signs of permanent scars forming
aging and more game mechanic breakdowns
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:27   Link #39
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggelos View Post
There lays the problem, IF the game mechanics are slowly eroding away and the world is adapting to more real life physics and laws.
The no aging/immortality thing is eventually up on the chopping block.
The characters mental changes and memory loss in some characters thus far also raises another problem as if
there comes a time if they never recall living in another world at all.
In a sense its akin to character identity or personality death.

In the next few volumes I am expecting to see signs of permanent scars forming
aging and more game mechanic breakdowns
IF, the rules change to remove the eternal youth (or if they already have), then yes, that's one more thing to consider.

However, loss of some relatively insignificant memories is vastly preferable to dying.
So gradual loss of identity (actually, not loss, change, we are always changing and forgetting things anyway) is not really that huge a thing compared to permanent loss of life.
Old 2014-03-26, 04:45   Link #40
pampz21
ShipCore

Woot season too? Is this thread spoiler free if not can someone give me am idea what to look forward?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote