Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-11-07, 00:55   Link #1
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Log Horizon: Manga w/ Side Stories Discussion Thread

As you may already know that the novel was adapted in four different manga series with the first one covering the main story while the other three focused on the various characters of Log Horizon. Use this thread to solely discuss the manga adaptation of Log Horizon.

If you want to discuss the Log Horizon novel, please use the novel discussion thread. If you are going to post anything from the novel to enhance the manga discussion at hand, then please do so under clearly marked spoiler tags.

Enjoy!
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 01:02   Link #2
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I have to say, surprisingly, I enjoy the honey moon logs manga very much even though it's only a reprise of the main try from Marielle's and co POV, but it seems the story in honeymoon logs move pretty fast compared to nishikaze no ryoudan manga. Cast-wise though, nishikaze manga is more... coloirful
Old 2013-11-07, 01:11   Link #3
tsunade666

Hmm this will be full of spoilers if the side story discussions are brought up. Side stories aren't being scanlated to begin with. Plus there are few differences from nishizake ryoudan and the novel.
Old 2013-11-07, 01:20   Link #4
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Hmm this will be full of spoilers if the side story discussions are brought up. Side stories aren't being scanlated to begin with. Plus there are few differences from nishizake ryoudan and the novel.
Any ideas to how the discussion can be brought up with minimum amount of spoiler? Excessive use of spoiler tags can ruin a thread.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 01:22   Link #5
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm.. the raw of main story adaptation is actually the second furthest story-wise(honeymoon is the furthest) but well, spoiler is unavoidable IMO because the acing is just too different. Nshikaze for example, advance quite slowly because there's a lot going on and it deals with all the background setting we're told as narration in the main story(such as people get revived in cathedral once they're dead)
Old 2013-11-07, 01:35   Link #6
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The West Wind Brigade manga also deals which happen on the side of the arc the anime will tackle in the following weeks (Hamelin and the revival of Akihabara). Not exactly spoilers, but given how the manga isn't scanned... yeah.
Old 2013-11-07, 01:49   Link #7
tsunade666

The only scanned is vol 1 of main story with 2 chapter translated. The side stories had only few images in the net. It will be spoiler fest.
Old 2013-11-07, 03:42   Link #8
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Honeymoon logs whole 3 volume are scanned for people who read Japanese, but we're solely talking about the manga here right, not anime? Then what we should compare is whether discussing honeymoon/nishikaze will spoil the main story or not and vice versa. Since they more or less is in the same arc(although honeymoon is the furthest, already in the McCrescent part), I think it will be fine to discuss all of them without spoiler tag as long as people entering the thread knows what to expect.
Old 2013-11-07, 04:11   Link #9
tsunade666

There was a scan of the raw for honeymoon logs? I don't know that nor I saw one. I only saw few pages uploaded but not the raw scan.
Old 2013-11-07, 08:08   Link #10
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I think I'm the only person who's read all the side-story publication on the west side world.

I haven't read Honey Moon Logs yet, although I have all three volumes.
Both West Wind Brigade and Nyanta spinoffs were EXCELLENTE
Old 2013-11-07, 08:54   Link #11
Kakkou
Tch.

Currently contemplating getting the Nishikaze manga. I've got vol.1 of the main story manga coming but I dunno, I might be buying too much stuff lately. Though honestly the main reason I'm even considering Nishikaze right now is because Shimono voices Soujirou and because Mamare made too good of an impression with his /a/ visit. =x
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:22   Link #12
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I've managed to find at least scans for Nyanta's Recipe, Nishikaze from chapter 7, and all three volumes of Honey Moon Log. Though s/he probably won't know this but my sincere thanks to kmdarky for posting reviews with scans for Nishikaze and Nyanta's Recipe on the PTT messaging board! m(_ _)m

My impressions so far is that Nishikaze is SRS BSNS with a touch of humor to prevent the mood from getting emo, Nyanta's Recipe is generally heartwarming slice-of-life standalones, and HML is seriously funny but not without its serious side XD. I like the attention given to Shoryuu; hope he'll get his crowning moment of awesome in the future

Also, Asuka vs Hien = . In fact anything with Hien =

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 10:28   Link #13
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I've read Honeymoon and Nishikaze, but not Nyanta's recipe Does nyanta's recipe add to the overall story at all?
Old 2013-11-07, 11:15   Link #14
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Not much really. Currently it's just standalone episodes generally unrelated to the main story =3

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-07, 11:42   Link #15
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I've read Honeymoon and Nishikaze, but not Nyanta's recipe Does nyanta's recipe add to the overall story at all?
Mostly food related short stories.
It's completely supplementary material, but nice seeing all the LH girls + Serara being cute.
We got to see all our main girls put their efforts in for valentines (Akatsuki, Minori, Marielle, Serara, Isuzu)

Also I laughed at shaved sahagin (murloc like fish people) food.
Apparently they taste great, but every time Nyanta reveals the ingredient the poor person spits out.
Old 2013-11-07, 18:16   Link #16
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Mostly food related short stories.
It's completely supplementary material, but nice seeing all the LH girls + Serara being cute.
We got to see all our main girls put their efforts in for valentines (Akatsuki, Minori, Marielle, Serara, Isuzu)

Apparently they taste great, but every time Nyanta reveals the ingredient the poor person spits out.
So, Shaved Sahagin is like Elder Tale version of Katsuobushi? That is interesting..
Old 2013-11-07, 18:18   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
that is a insult to Sahagin "Meat is Meat"
Old 2013-11-09, 06:41   Link #18
whitecloud

Hey..hey...i read somewhere on 4chan that some of the officer of hamelin are rapist? It said there is this scene that they stripped a girl named sarah and about to do her and say he already test on other and the guard dont do anything? Is that true?...its from west wind brigade manga?
Old 2013-11-09, 06:51   Link #19
tsunade666

You can rape someone in log hora and it won't count as an attack as long as no damage.

Remember the situation in susukino where delicious runs a slavery/prostitution. He sales the landers to player and female player are being captured. In nyanta's side story it was implied that serara was almost raped by demigross. Nyanta just arrive to save the day.

Which is another reason why marielle and the others will fail if they try to rescue serara. They are girls ang they won't be able to escape demigrass.
Old 2013-11-09, 16:04   Link #20
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
Hey..hey...i read somewhere on 4chan that some of the officer of hamelin are rapist? It said there is this scene that they stripped a girl named sarah and about to do her and say he already test on other and the guard dont do anything? Is that true?...its from west wind brigade manga?
Yes, it's true. Thankfully Soujiro came to save the day.

... By slicing off the arm of the rapist.