AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2013-10-14, 03:46   Link #81
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Not to mention that leveling is much harder in the new world thanks to factors like the difficulties faced in real combat and the time needed for travel (like to and fro town and your grinding spot).

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 05:51   Link #82
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

OH SNAP
The new chapter is up!!
Old 2013-10-14, 06:04   Link #83
tsunade666

How can they realize they lose something if they don't remember it? Specially in online with people not knowing each other in real life? Unless they are family or friends...
Old 2013-10-14, 06:44   Link #84
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

The one being serilized online is only the novel adaptation? I know honeymoon is serialized in dengeki daioh, but is nishikaze serialized online too?
Old 2013-10-14, 07:13   Link #85
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
How can they realize they lose something if they don't remember it? Specially in online with people not knowing each other in real life? Unless they are family or friends...
At first it's minor blank in your memory like... "wait, what was the name of that cute girl in my 3rd grade year? and where exactly was that plastic model store I used to go?"

Just finished reading. Wow. WOOOOWWW.
The Anime OP actually has something that the novel just now covered.
I guess the author input the anime staff.

Spoiler:
Old 2013-10-14, 07:30   Link #86
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
At first it's minor blank in your memory like... "wait, what was the name of that cute girl in my 3rd grade year? and where exactly was that plastic model store I used to go?"

Spoiler:
beaten to the punch well, it's just like aohige said, but to be more precise, at first no one questioned it since that just something simple like "what was my 1st model", " where was my manga again" just a little memories amiss, but eventually the Gap got widened to the point of forgetting things like everyday life, and this happened to many people, thus making people realized that's something is wrong.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 08:05   Link #87
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
beaten to the punch well, it's just like aohige said, but to be more precise, at first no one questioned it since that just something simple like "what was my 1st model", " where was my manga again" just a little memories amiss, but eventually the Gap got widened to the point of forgetting things like everyday life, and this happened to many people, thus making people realized that's something is wrong.
Wow, just came by to check out a bit of spoiler, but this one is quite something. While blood and gory came off as simply disgusting, this one is a lot more creepier.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 08:05   Link #88
tsunade666

When was this boss raid happen with solve sword?

The heck moon? I don't want to see QB here or BETA
Old 2013-10-14, 08:07   Link #89
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^If they were to animate past the novel 5, which I'm sure won't happen for a while, this would be around... episode 32~35 or so.
So waaaay ahead. lol
Old 2013-10-14, 08:11   Link #90
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So apparently the spinoff manga is a reference to something other than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles...

Leonardo - from New York. The player town "Big Apple" has turned into chaos, much like how Akiba and Susukino were at start.
He hid in the sewers, but got sick of that, and decided to dive into a Fairy Ring. The destination is random but he just wanted to get out of there.
.... He ended up in Kazakhstan. In middle of nowhere. He wears all green, green face mask, red bandanna over his eyes, uses two blades, and sports a shell on his back.
Yes, he screams Kawabanga when he dives off the back of a dragon later on... Dual whield Assassin.

Kanami - former leader of the Debauchery Tea Party. Leads the team, very bubbly, but extremely strong and strong willed. Everyone loves her, even Shiroe.
She broke up the Tea Party when she left Japan. She was playing on the Rome server when the Apocalypse happened. Since Japan is the only server that has the new expansion live, she's travelling across the globe heading to Japan.

Erias Hackblade - In the game he was a NPC hero, more powerful than players. He was a quest hero, who asks for the aids of heroes to help him.
Basically like "Thrall" in WoW. After the apocalypse, he is a fully sentient being of course. Although far more powerful than heroes, he is cursed (for game balance issues) to not be able to bring any enemy helath below 25%. Players must finish their mobs.

Coppelia - Seemingly emotionless, and stiff speech patterns, almost seems robotic. She is actually a Chinese RMT bot who was endlessly farming in a random location when the Apocalypse happened. She gained sentience, but kept repeating her orders.
When the nearby village of NPCs were wiped out by ghouls, she had nowhere to go. Kanami found her, and gave her purpose - to follow her in her adventure as a friend. She is devoted and loyal to Kanami now.

K.R. - Former Tea Party member. A powerful summoner, who after the Apocalypse happened, summoned a Chinese Horse Fairy pet and used a spell to control it like himself. (Hunter skill Eye of the Beeast in WoW, basically)
As a horse, he immediately set out from Japan and travelled the world to find what's going on outside of Japan. He finds his old friend Kanami's team travelling back to Japan, and joins their party. As a talking horse.

Kanami = Xuanzang
Elias = the monkey king
Leonardo = Sha Wujing
Coppelia = Zhu Bajie
K.R = The White Horse
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 08:15   Link #91
tsunade666

Is log hora a web novel? Because from what I found in the net. The draws are only up to vol 6 which I uploaded.

Unless there are missing volumes or not uploaded yet.

Vol 6 seems senseless to me too. Its shows mostly about girls. Someone assaulting girls and kojirou is scary at that volume. Is the female sorcerer a member of kojirou's guild too?

Though the enemy at vol 6 looks like possessed or go berserk.
Old 2013-10-14, 09:21   Link #92
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
K.R. - Former Tea Party member. A powerful summoner, who after the Apocalypse happened, summoned a Chinese Horse Fairy pet and used a spell to control it like himself. (Hunter skill Eye of the Beeast in WoW, basically)
As a horse, he immediately set out from Japan and travelled the world to find what's going on outside of Japan. He finds his old friend Kanami's team travelling back to Japan, and joins their party. As a talking horse.
Now this is not what you see everyday in a MMO-related story

Signature by liro
Old 2013-10-14, 09:24   Link #93
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Is log hora a web novel? Because from what I found in the net. The draws are only up to vol 6 which I uploaded.

Unless there are missing volumes or not uploaded yet.

Vol 6 seems senseless to me too. Its shows mostly about girls. Someone assaulting girls and kojirou is scary at that volume. Is the female sorcerer a member of kojirou's guild too?

Though the enemy at vol 6 looks like possessed or go berserk.
yes, it is a web novel. The web version has not been taken down in fact, and it's in the middle of vol 7 right now.
Old 2013-10-14, 09:51   Link #94
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
yes, it is a web novel. The web version has not been taken down in fact, and it's in the middle of vol 7 right now.
The fact that the web version has not been taken down even after its serialisation never cease to amaze me. Either the publisher is very confident about the appeal of their products or Mamare and/or his "producer" Mr Masuda have impeccable persuasive powers .

Signature by liro

Last edited by Estavali; 2013-11-05 at 20:06. Reason: Changed Mr Suda's role from "mentor" to "producer" =3
Old 2013-10-14, 09:57   Link #95
tsunade666

Eh.... its ongoing? Its vol 7 the when its finished it will be published? .... weird. Is maouyuusha also a web novel?
Old 2013-10-14, 10:04   Link #96
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Now this is not what you see everyday in a MMO-related story
It's Journey to the East!

The only Chinese guild we get to see is a Wolf-Riders guild, where every guild member rides a dire wolf. Pretty awesome.
A good guild too, they got sick and tired of power struggles in the main player town, so they moved their guild operations to a small NPC town, built relationships with the locals, and provide them and their caravans protection from the monsters.

I really hope Naname expands on stuff like this, I want to see how other cities in the world are doing. European adventurers allied up with kings and nobles, but the alliance has forsaken the commoners I think.

Quote:
Eh.... its ongoing? Its vol 7 the when its finished it will be published? .... weird. Is maouyuusha also a web novel?
Yes, volume 7 was actually slated to come out already, but the hiatus pushed it back. He's working on the 7th volume (which is uploaded a chapter at a time) and when it's done, the published novel should come out. I'm snagging that too.

Last edited by aohige; 2013-10-14 at 10:18.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 10:05   Link #97
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Maoyuu was taken from 2ch thread, so in a way it is also a web novel. IIRC, it already finished when it was first published though.

Quote:
It's Journey to the East!

The only Chinese guild we get to see is a Wolf-Riders guild, where ever guild member rides a dire wolf. Pretty awesome.
A good guild too, they got sick and tired of power struggles in the main player town, so they moved their guild operations to a small NPC town, built relationships with the locals, and provide them and their caravans protection from the monsters.

I really hope Naname expands on stuff like this, I want to see how other cities in the world are doing. European adventurers allied up with kings and nobles, but the alliance has forsaken the commoners I think.
This so much. The world setting has so much potential for spin-off from just the overseas server alone. I really hope the author can decide replacement jobs for the Japanese-unique job such as Samurai and Kannagi in the overseas server.
Old 2013-10-14, 10:16   Link #98
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Thanks for all the info, aohige. Even though it just makes me want to read the novel even more.

Otoh, I'm getting major EVE vibes from the info, bar the grimdark and death. Which, suffice to say, makes me more interested in the anime.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-14, 10:17   Link #99
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
This so much. The world setting has so much potential for spin-off from just the overseas server alone. I really hope the author can decide replacement jobs for the Japanese-unique job such as Samurai and Kannagi in the overseas server.
Would be fun if he sets Cowboys for the Americans, Inquistors ("AMEN!") for the Europeans and Daoist Priests for the Chinese

Signature by liro
Old 2013-10-14, 11:11   Link #100
Breimoon

won't crusader be a better choice as an european warrior class?They could be a self healing tank class
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers