AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 19:01   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei LN - Q&A/Discussion about Character Powers

The purpose of this thread is for questions and discussion for Mahouka related to Character Powers.

Given that this is a source material thread, you are expected to have some familiarity with the source material before participating, and therefore some spoilers are to be expected. However, if you will be discussing major plot points that could spoil plot events that people may not have read yet, please be considerate and use properly-labelled spoiler tags. Properly-labelled means that the label identifies what the reader should already know before opening the tag.

There are two ways to create properly-labelled spoiler tags, as shown below:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 06:51   Link #2
Birdway
Banned

This(power levels) is the biggest flaw from the series, mostly when the main character owns everyone with his pinky finger, yet
they say he has no talent? yeahhh....

Last edited by Birdway; 2014-04-04 at 07:55.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 07:09   Link #3
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
This is the biggest flaw from the series, mostly when the main character owns everyone with his pinky, and they say he has no talento? yeahhh....
care to clarify?
Old 2014-04-04, 07:11   Link #4
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
care to clarify?
Yes same

For me why he stay at low end because he doesn't want miyuki to be hurt at the cost of being .... Sigh
Old 2014-04-04, 07:33   Link #5
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
This is the biggest flaw from the series, mostly when the main character owns everyone with his pinky, and they say he has no talento? yeahhh....
Uhhh...cant you read the title? Rettousei?...
According to the radiotalk they used the word as there something you suck so bad;at the sametime there is something you are extremely good at to compensate for your bad.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 07:49   Link #6
Echizen777

Quote:
Well, he has no talent at Magic( Interference strenght etc.), strictly speaking, his innate magics are considered as superpowers( which break and recreate information bodies). His counter magics consume only his psion count so it's not taken in account when people rate his magic power contrary to the old system.

So yeah, Tatsuya has no talent at magic. He was able to use it only because of Miya's operation but it doesn't mean he is weak.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 07:55   Link #7
Birdway
Banned

I said talent, not just magic, and it leading to power level issues.
Old 2014-04-04, 07:58   Link #8
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
I said talento, not magic, and it leading to power level issues.
when people say he has no talent, I think they refer to magical aspect. For everything else, everyone admit he's a genius.
Old 2014-04-04, 08:12   Link #9
Echizen777

Quote:
when people say he has no talent, I think they refer to magical aspect. For everything else, everyone admit he's a genius.
This. They are only talking about his talent at magic, everybody acknowledge his numerous other talents.
Old 2014-04-04, 08:20   Link #10
Birdway
Banned

I think you should know already the issue isn't the magic regarding Tatsu and no, not in-universe .
Old 2014-04-04, 08:31   Link #11
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
I think you should know already the issue isn't the magic regarding Tatsu and no, not in-universe .
I repeat. Please clarify. We don't know what you talking about and who says he's talentless.

btw, magic combat in Mahouka is more about wise use/affinity than power. Can 'power level' really defy character strength?
Old 2014-04-04, 09:05   Link #12
Birdway
Banned

If you don't get it, fine. Don't worry, you will notice once the anime airs and reaches vol.2 by reading non novel readers posts.
Old 2014-04-04, 09:07   Link #13
Gundamx

Quote:
This(power levels) is the biggest flaw from the series, mostly when the main character owns everyone with his pinky finger, yet
they say he has no talent? yeahhh....
he have no talent in magic not same as weak
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 09:11   Link #14
HypeDemolition

I think Birdway is just saying his biggest problem with the series is that nobody can compete with Tatsuya and was just throwing the "yet they say he has no talent" on as a joke but you all seemed to have locked onto the he has no talent comment and only disputed that lol
HypeDemolition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 09:14   Link #15
Birdway
Banned

I love you Mr. Hype.
Old 2014-04-04, 09:23   Link #16
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeDemolition View Post
I think Birdway is just saying his biggest problem with the series is that nobody can compete with Tatsuya and was just throwing the "yet they say he has no talent" on as a joke but you all seemed to have locked onto the he has no talent comment and only disputed that lol
Yeah, I think so too.
Elemental Sight, Mist dispersal and Material Burst is ok.

But Tatsuya's Regrowth is Over Kill. Too powerfull.

Even Tatsuya can kill Chuck Norris.
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-04, 09:38   Link #17
Echizen777

Quote:
btw, magic combat in Mahouka is more about wise use/affinity than power. Can 'power level' really defy character strength?
I think it comes to how you define Magic Power. The term is too vague.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypeDemolition View Post
I am not one of those who think Nobody can compete with Tatsuya, that's exaggerated. We know a lot of persons at this level, even if he is likely to win all his fights he is certainly not beating opponents like Miyuki, Masaki, Lina, Mayumi, and the likes easily and I have yet to see someone post a convincing way for Tatsuya to hit Katsuto. He can beat Maya but that's only because her power is a bad match up against his magic.

The Master Clans have all OP characteristics compared to other magicians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
Yeah, I think so too.
Elemental Sight, Mist dispersal and Material Burst is ok.

But Tatsuya's Regrowth is Over Kill. Too powerfull.
I agree with this. The Regrowth is the real OP magic, when it comes to destructive power a lot of magic rivals with his.
Old 2014-04-04, 09:59   Link #18
Birdway
Banned

You are going into speculation while Hype, hakaze and me are more about known facts based on situations from the novela.
Old 2014-04-04, 10:10   Link #19
Echizen777

Quote:
You are going into speculation while Hype, hakaze and me are more about known facts based on situations from the novela.
I don't think I am speculating but whatever. If I just say Lina you will agree then? Because Lina would have killed him if she really wanted.
Old 2014-04-04, 10:34   Link #20
Birdway
Banned

Under what kind of circunstances (that obviously didn't happen and likely won't)?