Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-03-23, 16:54   Link #1
shaper

why has naruto not been licensed?

i always go around fearing that naruto is going be licensed
but it never happens why`s that?

and even if it got licensed i still belive that ppl would continue
subbing the series because it is such a popular show.

edit: sorry i saw a thread about the same topic somewhere alse in the forum
please delete post.
Old 2004-03-23, 16:59   Link #2
Space_Shinobi
Elite_Shinobi

Send a message via AIM to Space_Shinobi Send a message via MSN to Space_Shinobi Send a message via Yahoo to Space_Shinobi
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaper
i always go around fearing that naruto is going be licensed
but it never happens why`s that?

and even if it got licensed i still belive that ppl would continue
subbing the series because it is such a popular show.
well l heard from naruto fan naruto might be licenced by 4kids or something l dont know the name of the company but they say somewhere around 06 even if they license it lm sure people will keep coming out with the subs
Old 2004-03-23, 17:00   Link #3
rEkKaShInObI
LiFe Of ReVeNgE

Send a message via AIM to rEkKaShInObI Send a message via Yahoo to rEkKaShInObI
This is kinda going out of my way but....

DONT JINX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-03-23, 17:02   Link #4
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

I'll tell you why. It's the bling bling.

The Naruto guys know this is going to be HUGE. They want HUGE money in return. They haven't gotten a good # out of anyone yet. That's fine with them...they can wait. Only 1 1/2 years of anime out right now...at 6 eps per disc, that's only 12 DVDs we're at so far. The Naruto folks can wait.
Old 2004-10-18, 17:54   Link #5
daflecta
(^_^)

why has naruto still not been licensed?

Can anyone tell me why the naruto anime is still not licensed? (not that I wanted it to be )

I mean, many anime have been licensed after airing 10 - 20 episodes, Naruto on the other hand, just passed the 100th episode.

I can't help wondering what the reason could be, as the Naruto anime is populair as hell, and other anime keep on being licensed, some of them even being total crap.

sooo who knows?
Old 2004-10-18, 18:01   Link #6
xavier8200

youve been here on the forums since July but no Q&A or Search skills to show off. Well, the show will be licensed but there are a bunch of companies arguing about the rights. At least thats what I have heard.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:02   Link #7
hiko

Last I heard Naruto had in a sense been priced out of the market because of it's huge popularity online in the west. If that's true then I guess no one wants to jump right in and fork out high distribution costs for such a long-ass show so they're hesitating.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:05   Link #8
Mezu
The Guardian

believe me, you dont want Naruto to be liscensed, and if they are liscensed u want the best company who isnt gonna change the words for example: Inos mind switching technique got translated into valentine technique in the american manga.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:05   Link #9
Bflip
Cirque Dame's Jonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
youve been here on the forums since July but no Q&A or Search skills to show off. Well, the show will be licensed but there are a bunch of companies arguing about the rights. At least thats what I have heard.
It's about to be licensed?!?!? NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, that sucks! Shit, Kakashi's going to be voiced by Ash from pokemon and Naruto's probably going to be Yugi or something. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed Sasuke's name to Sammy and Hinata's name to Jennifer (NOOOOOO!!!).

And then Naruto's going to go around yelling "Shadow Repiclation Skill!" instead of "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" like it's some American kiddy ninja cartoon.

Old 2004-10-18, 18:08   Link #10
daflecta
(^_^)

Quote:
youve been here on the forums since July but no Q&A or Search skills to show off.

sorry,I couldn't find it with my "search skills" but I could Kuchiyose no Jutsu a sweet little puppy for you, just to make you feel a little better
Old 2004-10-18, 18:16   Link #11
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by daflecta
sorry,I couldn't find it with my "search skills" but I could Kuchiyose no Jutsu a sweet little puppy for you, just to make you feel a little better

ive got four great danes. so no more dogs. But at least you tried to search. Im just saying your question would get more attention in the Q&A thread. No need to get sensitive on the matter we all make mistakes.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:16   Link #12
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Yeah Naruto being licensed would't be too peachy.
Kage Bunshin No jutsu became Doppelganger technique at the hands of Viz

But then again, there will always be the illegal subs to leech so all out of Naruto is not very likely.

And well, in the end it's only Naruto, there are tons of anime way way better then Naruto out there up for grabs.
Actually it would be good for for some people in naruto gets licensed, they would see that there's more to Anime then Naruto.

The bad part would be the steady decline of posters on Naruto forum.
Where ever will I spend so much time on discussing such trivial things?

twould be a pity indeed
Old 2004-10-18, 18:22   Link #13
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animizzle
Yeah Naruto being licensed would't be too peachy.
Kage Bunshin No jutsu became Doppelganger technique at the hands of Viz

But then again, there will always be the illegal subs to leech so all out of Naruto is not very likely.

And well, in the end it's only Naruto, there are tons of anime way way better then Naruto out there up for grabs.
Actually it would be good for for some people in naruto gets licensed, they would see that there's more to Anime then Naruto.

The bad part would be the steady decline of posters on Naruto forum.
Where ever will I spend so much time on discussing such trivial things?

twould be a pity indeed

Well if that bothers you, has anyone seen One piece on the fox box? its hilarious but in the worst way.

Zorro = Zolo
Devil's fruit=Cursed Fruit
Gomu Gomu=Gum Gum
One piece = One-Piece

4kids entertainment really trashed that show. I watch just to laugh uncontrolably.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:27   Link #14
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
I guess they're too lazy to licence it, or in reality it has been licenced but Area 51 won't tell the truth. It's a comspirecy, I tell you. There's no way that someone wouldn't try to licence an anime so popular. It has to be but they're waiting for the time, like right before the series finally in Japan.

Spoiler for many years later.....:
Old 2004-10-18, 18:36   Link #15
Animizzle
Cool as a Cucumber

Quote:
Well if that bothers you, has anyone seen One piece on the fox box? its hilarious but in the worst way.

4kids entertainment really trashed that show. I watch just to laugh uncontrolably.
yeah they even redrew sanji's Sigarette into a lolly. how fcked up is that?

haven't seen it for real tho since i live in Holland
Old 2004-10-18, 18:45   Link #16
kboykb

Blah - why do english versions translate so many words directly into english?

Geez, when Rurouni Kenshin came to Cartoon Network and they said Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki.. it was just terrible. And in Inuyasha, Ryuukotsusei.. roll the Rs damnit!!

lol but if it does get licensed I hope they at least do a good job with it and don't trash it.
Old 2004-10-18, 18:49   Link #17
Joe Dalton

And then Naruto's going to go around yelling "Shadow Repiclation Skill!" instead of "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" like it's some American kiddy ninja cartoon.

ROFL!!! I don't even think you're being sarcastic making it all the funnier

Anyway I hope someone grabs it soon... Seeing all the fanboys cursing and yelling would be so funny
Old 2004-10-18, 18:52   Link #18
xavier8200

the right thing to do would be to keep the japanese terms andmoves in japanese. Sort of like what Kaizoku-fansubs did with one piece.

An even better idea would be to hire japanese voice actors!!!!!!!
Old 2004-10-18, 19:06   Link #19
Joe Dalton

For shame mentioning that group!
Anyway, they rarely actualy change a storyline or edit the animation to the point where it's bothersome. People just like to complain. I admit sometimes I have some issue with the lack of emotions in the voices. But I have never had a much lesser experience with american dubs. Although I doubt
Spoiler:

Anyway I wonder what kind of sales the DVD's would have. I think the biggest problem would be the audience Naruto (admit it or not I don't care) atracts. I doubt many would actualy buy the DVD's to support their anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoBoZ
i really dont think that naruto being licensed would effect any1.......there will always be subbers.....

Last edited by Joe Dalton; 2004-10-18 at 19:22.
Old 2004-10-18, 19:19   Link #20
HoBoZ

i really dont think that naruto being licensed would effect any1.......there will always be subbers.....
Closed Thread