AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-14, 17:31   Link #1
Ellie97

Incredibly romantic

I'm looking for an anime/manga where romance is the main topic. I would like the romance to be so beautiful and heartwarming it'll bring a tear to my eye :')
I don't mind fantasy themes, but I would preferably like a more slice-of-life theme to it.
(please tell me if it's an anime or manga...)
Thankyou.
Old 2012-01-14, 17:42   Link #2
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

There's a lot of potential suggestions in this category, but perhaps you could first give us a list (MAL?) of what you have already seen in the romance genre? Would help

For starters though, the first thing that came into my head when I read "heart-warming romance" was Kimi ni Todoke. It's a shoujo school romance that is just plain adorable at times.

Drop a post with your viewed list and I'll suggest a few more suitable candidates...
Old 2012-01-14, 17:49   Link #3
Elegance

Maison Ikkoku is a old one but very enjoyable.
Old 2012-01-14, 19:47   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I'll suggest the movie Millennium Actress, though
Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-15, 03:53   Link #5
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Kimikiss Pure Rouge, Amagami SS and Dog Days will suit what you need.
Old 2012-01-15, 04:27   Link #6
Darkbeat
'אין ייאוש בעולם כלל

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
Kimikiss Pure Rouge, Amagami SS and Dog Days will suit what you need.
No offence, but Dog Days doesn't have "romance as the main topic" like the OP asked for. Heck, Dog Days (the anime) barely has any romance at all. The first two suggestions are good though.
Old 2012-01-15, 05:00   Link #7
jedinat

manga:
Dear Mine
Emma
Nana X Hitomi series (saw Strawberry Panic on your watch list, lol)
Old 2012-01-15, 05:49   Link #8
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107800

In the first post you'll find two different lists of animes i watched with a rank next to it. They are ALL romances. This will save you a lot of time.
Old 2012-01-15, 17:08   Link #9
Ellie97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkbeat View Post
There's a lot of potential suggestions in this category, but perhaps you could first give us a list (MAL?) of what you have already seen in the romance genre? Would help

For starters though, the first thing that came into my head when I read "heart-warming romance" was Kimi ni Todoke. It's a shoujo school romance that is just plain adorable at times.

Drop a post with your viewed list and I'll suggest a few more suitable candidates...
Thanks! I haven't seen that one yet ^_^
I can't think of all of them yet, but I haven't watched a lot because my main focus was drama...

Here are the ones I can think of:
Hanbun no tskuki ga Noboru sora
Sekai ichi hatsukoi
Myself yourself
That's all I can think of for now, maybe I should get MAL so that I can keep track of what I'm watching ^_^
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Nana X Hitomi[/URL] series (saw Strawberry Panic on your watch list, lol)
yeah, I haven't finished it though... I just think that most of the time the love is more passionate with homosexual relationships because it is kinda forbidden(? I guess)
Old 2012-01-17, 11:25   Link #10
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

You can look to Yosuga no Sora. It contains romance as the main theme, however there's incest in it. I'll also recommend Kimi ni Todoke and We Were There (Bokura ga Ita), and both are shoujo series with romance as the main theme. As well, there's also Key works (besides Angel Beats!) for you.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-17, 20:38   Link #11
Onibaba
"Nice, Takemoto!"

Watch Toradora!, while romance isn't the primary focus in every episode...the build-up and ending is most definitely worth the wait
Old 2012-01-17, 21:02   Link #12
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Bokura ga Ita - Best romance period.
Old 2012-01-17, 22:36   Link #13
julez
Tsundere-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Agreed, one of the best for me as well. I'd recommend both the anime and manga.

I'm also always looking for romance themed anime/mangas to read, here are some of the better ones I've come across:

Mangas:
-Dengeki Daisy
-Fruits Basket: has lots of other elements as well, but I love the romance in this one. I'd recommend the manga over the anime. Just warning you now, it will definitely bring tears to your eyes :P
-Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou (His and Her Circumstances)
-Koukou Debut (Highschool Debut)
-Mars *some depressing themes, but overall a good romance
-Ouran High School Host Club
-Sukitte Ii na yo

Anime:
-5 Centimeters per Second
-Honey & Clover
-Itazura na Kiss
-Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Rumbling Hearts) *ANGSTY, but there is still some romance
-Lovely Complex
-Nana

Last edited by julez; 2012-01-17 at 23:20. Reason: Forgot that the request was for *heartwarming* romance
Old 2012-01-17, 23:04   Link #14
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
In some ways, yes, but in some ways it's incredibly cold and nihilistic. The OP said they were looking for heartwarming. I couldn't call that series heartwarming. I was left pretty gutted by this series. There is romance but it's far more realistic and angsty than heartwarming.

Okay, beautiful/heartwarming:

- Whisper of the Heart. (mid 90s Ghibli movie) Very pure look at first love.
- Kimi ni Todoke. Very sweet, honest look at finding oneself and love. Annoying amount of relationship resets though.
- Lovely Complex. Hilarious and touching tale of two people who initially hate each other becoming friends and eventually a couple. Even more relationship resets along the way though.
- Aoi Hana. Tasteful, elegant, beautiful look at female-female love.
- Amagami SS. Kind of an omnibus look at 1 guy and 6 girls in the same school and pitching the 'if he went for this girl scenario.' Some zany humour, some intiguing quirks/mannerisms but nice art and some lovely females in most cases.
- Spice and Wolf. It is based around middle ages economy, but the romance/playful talk between the male and female lead is the big drawcard. Season 2 is better than Season 1.
Old 2012-01-19, 17:41   Link #15
Ellie97

Wow thank you everyone!! This should keep me occupied fir a while (especially cos of exams =.=)
Old 2012-01-19, 22:24   Link #16
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Amagami SS is a good romance anime and it's new so it won't be hard to find and watch. Also, if you want something not new but a good love/romance series, I recommend watching Da Capo and Tokimeki Memorial ~ Only Love.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2012-01-20, 01:19   Link #17
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Romance anime are my favorite genre, but if I had to pick the #1 most incredibly romantic it would be Kobato. Kimi ni no Todoke would be my second recommendation (not first only because I thought it moved way too slow). The actual romance in Kobato starts to come up later in the anime while Kim ni no Todoke pretty much starts from the beginning, but moves throughout the anime slowly (which is what I didn't like too much). Kobato was one of the three anime (Saikano and Elfen Lied were the other two if anyone is interested in them) that ever got me teary eyed.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Old 2012-01-20, 03:20   Link #18
Senden

I recently was searching for romance animes too and would say our interests are fairly similar. From what I've seen so far:

If you don't mind sad beautiful go with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien it's a really mature anime and has just enough comic relief to stop it from becoming depressing. The romance in it is very well done though and it's one of two anime to bring a tear to my eye post Clannad.

Bokura Ga Ita is probably the best bet if you want slice of life beautiful touching anime. I'm currently watching it now and on episode 12 and think it's probably the best anime I've seen strictly from a romance perspective. You have to get past the horrific style though and the facial expressions are awful at times.

Amagami SS is also well worth a watch and another favourite of mine but it's quite a happy anime and unlikely to bring a tear to your eye.

If you want something to bring a tear to your eye though, watch Clannad assuming that you already haven't. Just get a box of tissues at the ready for the after story.. nothing I've ever seen movie wise or anime has effected me emotionally as Clannad.
Old 2012-01-20, 03:56   Link #19
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senden View Post
If you don't mind sad beautiful go with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien it's a really mature anime and has just enough comic relief to stop it from becoming depressing. The romance in it is very well done though and it's one of two anime to bring a tear to my eye post Clannad.

NO.
lol... KgNE has to be the least romantic romance anime I've watched. Not beautiful at all; just ugly relationships and contrived drama, pathetic "comic relief". The only time I've recommended this crap was to be cruel to my friend. He got mad.
Old 2012-01-20, 14:27   Link #20
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post

NO.
lol... KgNE has to be the least romantic romance anime I've watched. Not beautiful at all; just ugly relationships and contrived drama, pathetic "comic relief". The only time I've recommended this crap was to be cruel to my friend. He got mad.
I would actually have to agree with this. It's just a sad story where the characters try to move on but there's like mega drama. Don't get me wrong, it's a pretty good anime, but I too wouldn't consider it "incredibly" romantic.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, drama, romance, slice of life