AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2017-11-30, 11:34   Link #1
yak95044

Need more isekai!!

hey so i'm having isekai withdrawal from not finding another story to read and i really need help with recommendations.

currently i read and love

- death march
- In a Different World with a Smartphone
- I've Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can't Seem to Get out of Being Jobless
- Skill Taker's World Domination ~ Building a Slave Harem from Scratch

and i'm considering

- Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

i'm looking for stories like that with OP mc's who are laid back.

please help!
yak95044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 11:40   Link #2
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^90% things here are isekai, just try some threads
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-30, 17:01   Link #3
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak95044 View Post
hey so i'm having isekai withdrawal from not finding another story to read and i really need help with recommendations!
I see you originally made this thread in the Web novels forum. You went to the right place but instead of making a request you should have read the topics there. Almost all of them have overpowered MCs in other worlds, so you just have to read the synopsis and see whether they're also laidback or not. Simple!

I recently started reading a manga called Mushoku Tensei where the MC is fairly relaxed and powerful but not overpowered (yet) because he's only 5 years old. You can give it a try.
Old 2017-12-01, 09:18   Link #4
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak95044 View Post
hey so i'm having isekai withdrawal from not finding another story to read and i really need help with recommendations.

currently i read and love

- death march
- In a Different World with a Smartphone
- I've Became Able to Do Anything with My Growth Cheat, but I Can't Seem to Get out of Being Jobless
- Skill Taker's World Domination ~ Building a Slave Harem from Scratch

and i'm considering

- Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchuu

i'm looking for stories like that with OP mc's who are laid back.

please help!
I had a lot of suggestions, but I'm not sure how many are both OP and laid-back. I read a lot of isekai LNs myself, and in most if the hero is OP it's in a unique way or happens over time.

For instance, in No Game No Life the hero is completely average if not for the fact that the world runs on games, the one area where he and his sister are unstoppable.

Or in The Rising of the Shield Hero the hero starts out seriously under-powered, with no ability to even attack, but very rapidly winds up becoming many orders of magnitude stronger than any of the other "heroes". Though by that time any "laid back" parts of his personality have been eliminated or buried for his harem to try and dig back out.

And if you really want to stretch it, Souma from How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom is quite OP for his chosen job class of king. His abilities allow him to continue administrative work nonstop at breakneck speed, and his personal knowledge and talent helps him do things in the kingdom no one else ever thought of, allowing him to conquer a neighboring kingdom and bring both of them from near-starvation to prosperity in no time.

As for laid-back, there's Log Horizon's Shiroe, who's always calm and even-tempered, though he's just the central hero in a huge crowd of them. Still, he's very difficult to get upset and even when he's upset it's never really dark or anything.

Then there's the hero of Mixed Bathing in Another Dimension, where five heroes are summoned and granted "gifts" based on their personalities, and his gift is a pocket dimension he can access at any time that contains a very pleasant and well-stocked bath, and that's it. First question was of course "how the heck am I supposed to fight a demon lord with a BATH?", but the hero turns out to be fittingly laid back throughout the story, and his creative and frequent use of the MP-sucking bath actually results in his magic ability going straight off the card.

There's also another series about to come over, I believe it's called "How not to summon a demon king". I haven't read enough to know how laid back the hero is. A guy who became an unstoppable "demon king" in his favorite MMO and spends a lot of time facing off with others and pwning anyone who shows up with a girlfriend. Then one day he's summoned to another world and finds that, though it's not his MMO's world his body was replaced by the avatar and he's got all the equipment. Two summoners are arguing over which of them was the one to successfully summon him, then they cast enslavement magic on him; but his equipment includes a Reflect magic item that bounces it back, making them his personal slaves instead. That's about as far as I have read so far.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-01, 11:40   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Juuni Kokuki ("Twelve Kingdoms")
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
web novel