AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-11, 05:20   Link #41
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

Wow...the mother is even more immature/childish than her own daughter! Well, I suppose since it takes 3 Earth years to equal 1 Wido year, Mira would be more mature.

I don't feel quite sold on this episode. Miyasaka just witnessed a whole bunch of things and he doesn't go into any real kind of shock. He's just feeling down but doesn't question anything really.

Aoi looking creepy at the end there with the insect flyer.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-17, 09:35   Link #42
Frontier

Who could resist the offer of a date with a cute girl like Aoi? Even if it means attending an insect festival and delighting in insect food .

Mira is digging herself into a hole with her feelings for Miyasaka...quite literally, in fact, when she learns Naosuke helped set up Miyasaka and Aoi together for a date. Though conveniently, the next leg of their search for the key takes them to the exact same festival they're going too .

Poor Aoi. She was head-over-heels for Miyasaka from the get-go, and accidentally set up the Meet Cute between him and Mira, all the while stalkin...I mean, observing him throughout the season. She still remembers their time together working at the same hotel where she had long hair (and it looked good then!) and was a klutz of a waitress with no friends, money, or prospects...but she and Miyasaka were able to bond over their mutual love for a radio show and Miyasaka was able to help her realize how tasty eating insects can be (which he seems to have forgotten). She fell for him hard but could never work up the courage to talk to him again after that .

Things really did not go Aoi's way though. First the hotel goes bankrupt, she's left homeless, she runs out of money...and she ends up living in a park. The only good thing that happened to her was being taken in by Tasuke who saw in her the same person in need that he saw in Mira's mother. Mira's father helped her love rival because Aoi reminded him of her mom .

Aoi really putting herself out there to make Miyasaka remember her...and then of course Shoin and Mira shows up. And the gossipy old bat, as if this wasn't crazy enough .

Look, it's the rest of Astro Lodge! Including Matsubara doing an idol performance! Nice to see her get work and get cheered on by her lodgemates! Even if neither Shoin nor Aoi care for how into it Mira and Miyasaka get together .

It's time for Miyasaka to step up and eat wasps to help out Mira in an eating contest! They make an effective team! And Matsubara even goes to the trouble of helping promote their relationship while she's emceeing .

I honestly can't tell if Shoin was so thrown off by watching someone eat what he regards as his old alien classmates from school or Mira and Miyasaka working so well together. Or maybe both ?

Miyasaka won! A...cardboard key which they didn't need, but hopefully the bike he gave to the old bat will keep her occupied for the foreseeable future .

Everyone is happy and sleeping...except poor Aoi who is crying herself to sleep knowing Miyasaka doesn't remember her. And the Alien Hub squid is active again .
Old 2024-05-17, 10:58   Link #43
Lex79

Honestly, I get that she hoped he remembered her, but if she can't even manage to say "I'm onigiri chan" that makes hard to root for her. Not that it would change anything, the best she can hope for is being paired with Mira's friend after both they'll be rejected.
Old 2024-05-17, 15:40   Link #44
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

This was a wonderfully funny and happy and heartbreaking episode.

I blame Miyasaka for not recognizing Onigiri Girl after she cut her hair, and especially after she showed him the radio channel prize, but it was just a one time initial interaction so I'll let it slide. Props to her for getting better at her job but sad that she didn't have any friends at the hotel, nor did she fall back on going home after the hotel went bankrupt. As per usual, Tasuke was there and if Aoi reminded him of Miwa's mother, then things could get interesting later on...

Miyasaka is the reason why Aoi likes bugs and him in the first place. Was a bit surprised she didn't volunteer or at least voice interest in eating in the contest. Also was surprised the father and son did not partake in eating as well.

That lady sure knows how to make things awkward! Now that she has the moped, she can get to places and spread that juicy gossip even faster!

The idol song was just off the wall kiddy and funny! It was kind of refreshing to see and I enjoyed that bit! The idol herself did a great job trying to bring the two MCs together. She deserves her champagne!

Ultimately the prize key was NOT the key! The search continues - Alien Squid cameo ... (did they ever fill up those deep dug holes?)
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-18, 23:27   Link #45
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Honestly I found bits of this episode annoying, and its for the simple fact that they shoehorned Mira into going into the insect festival. We already know its going to be Miyasaka x Mira, so if you're going to have someone have an unrequited love for one of them, at least give them a whole episode together. Not only that, they decided to have Miyasaka see Mira at the pivotal moment where Aoi makes the connection between her current self and past self. Yeah, he still wouldn't have remembered even if Mira didn't pop up in that moment, but could have at least gave her a chance to say something. After that he didn't focus on Aoi for the remainder of the episode. Its like, 'why even bother'? Guess they are going for Aoi x dog.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-18, 23:45   Link #46
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Honestly I found bits of this episode annoying, and its for the simple fact that they shoehorned Mira into going into the insect festival. We already know its going to be Miyasaka x Mira, so if you're going to have someone have an unrequited love for one of them, at least give them a whole episode together. Not only that, they decided to have Miyasaka see Mira at the pivotal moment where Aoi makes the connection between her current self and past self. Yeah, he still wouldn't have remembered even if Mira didn't pop up in that moment, but could have at least gave her a chance to say something. After that he didn't focus on Aoi for the remainder of the episode. Its like, 'why even bother'? Guess they are going for Aoi x dog.
I think it re-emphasized that, yeah, Miyasaka only has eyes for Mira and we see how well the two of them can really work together during the contest as Mira is slowly realizing her own feelings.

It did end up screwing over Aoi in her own focus episode but I hope she can still find some happiness by the end.
Old 2024-05-18, 23:55   Link #47
Lex79

Aoi basically exists only to make Mira feel jealous.
Old Yesterday, 02:55   Link #48
scififan

The plot device Aoi's date makes Mira realizes she has feeling for Takumi.
Many anime and manga implements love triangle for just because. This show has some purpose.

Takumi's advice on eating anything is dangerous. There are news about people dying from eating snails. Most reason is due to not cooked, because some people prefer more raw taste. Some animal, even cooked, are health hazard.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sci-fi