cyberdemon

Spoiler for Movie:
Old 2024-05-08, 17:45   Link #12463
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

@cyberdemon:
Spoiler for novel:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-05-08 at 18:01.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 18:28   Link #12464
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
@cyberdemon:
Spoiler for novel:
I’m only talking on a political level. They’d definitely would want this anyway. The accords just gave them the excuse and means
Old 2024-05-09, 00:51   Link #12465
monster

Ok, I just got back from the second viewing, this time with English dub instead of sub, and I like the movie even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obi-Wan View Post
Yes, there is a new dub cast for the HD Remaster release of the TV series that came out on Blu-Ray within the past few years. There are a lot of comments from people online bashing this dub, but I think it's mostly a knee jerk reaction from people who wanted the old cast back. Personally I like it. The actor performances are a little better and the script is closer to the Japanese. I'm also going back tonight to see it dubbed.
Is this the same remaster where they cut the episodes into like 48 or is there a new remaster?

I actually also like the English version, especially Kira's and Lacus's voice actors.

I also like how they pronounce the name of Lacus. It's still close enough to how I would pronounce it if I were just to see the spelling, although sometimes it can also sound like they're saying locust.

And speaking of Lacus, was I mistaken or did I see in the credit that her English voice actor is also the English casting director?

One thing that I like regarding the difference between the Enlish and Japanese voice actors is that the English voice actors sound more normal to me (less overly emotive/expressive in delivery), which makes for a nice contrast when they do get to be expressive depending on the situation. On the other hand, the Japanese voice actors make the characters more unique with their expressiveness.

I personally can appreciate both types and like it if both options are available.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Kira:
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 01:45   Link #12466
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Spoiler for Movie:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2024-05-09 at 06:54.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 06:11   Link #12467
John117xCortana

Spoiler for spoiler:
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 09:10   Link #12468
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Ok, I just got back from the second viewing, this time with English dub instead of sub, and I like the movie even more.

Is this the same remaster where they cut the episodes into like 48 or is there a new remaster?

And speaking of Lacus, was I mistaken or did I see in the credit that her English voice actor is also the English casting director?
It's the same HD remaster that cut the original series down to 48 episodes by removing 2 recap episodes. That remaster was done in Japan a while ago but was only recently released on BD in the west, 2020 for Seed and 2021 for Destiny. Although according to some comments I've read online, those dubs were recorded 7-ish years ago it just took some time for the BDs to to get released. Cant confirm or deny this however.

Yes the new VA for Lacus is the casting director! If they kept the same staff as the TV remasters then the new VA for Murrue Ramius is the voice acting director.

I saw it again dubbed last night and found it much more enjoyable. I feel like they'll definitely be doing some kind of prequel OVA in the future to fill in some of the gaps.
Old 2024-05-09, 10:57   Link #12469
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2024-05-09, 11:41   Link #12470
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

So
Spoiler for novel ending:
Old 2024-05-09, 11:59   Link #12471
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Not a cliffhanger - there was no real sense of urgency in the epilogue. It was penned more like a bittersweet ending.
Spoiler:

There are technically no loose ends after the movie, so, yes, if Bandai/Sunrise decide to rest on their laurels and let things stand as such, SEED Freedom could constitute the definitive end to the SEED saga. It does wrap up a few things, especially on the character relations side.

As for the afterword, no; Liu Goto mainly talks about the imagery driving some of his writing or being the backbone for certain scenes.
The only clue is that Fukuda (on his Twitter account? or it might have been in one of the post-movie interviews) said that he doesn't believe Kira and Lacus will ever "retire". That said, this reads as personal opinion, not an official response.
Spoiler:
Old 2024-05-09, 16:10   Link #12472
cyberdemon

Quote:
Not a cliffhanger - there was no real sense of urgency in the epilogue. It was penned more like a bittersweet ending.
Spoiler:

There are technically no loose ends after the movie, so, yes, if Bandai/Sunrise decide to rest on their laurels and let things stand as such, SEED Freedom could constitute the definitive end to the SEED saga. It does wrap up a few things, especially on the character relations side.

As for the afterword, no; Liu Goto mainly talks about the imagery driving some of his writing or being the backbone for certain scenes.
The only clue is that Fukuda (on his Twitter account? or it might have been in one of the post-movie interviews) said that he doesn't believe Kira and Lacus will ever "retire". That said, this reads as personal opinion, not an official response.
Spoiler:
I feel it’s more an end to their saga than the series. Future series could focus on Athrun or Shinn. Maybe even their own children. The conflicts aren’t over. The Destiny plan is tempting but there will always be those dissatisfied with their lot even if it succeeded. Some will continue to seek it hoping for a better standing. The factions are somewhat willing to work together but only takes certain actions to set them off. Kira and Lacus will likely be more mentor figures that future protags happen to come across

Tags
mecha, seed it and weep