AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2019-07-18, 10:33   Link #81
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

This is an act of domestic terrorism and should be treated as such.
Old 2019-07-18, 10:59   Link #82
dragon1412

sad news, and this is painful on so many levels, I fear for Kyoani future, isn't 33 deaths almost half of the people in there. I pray that all those still alive make it past this ordeal
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 11:03   Link #83
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

33 people is roughly half of the number of employee in the building. The studio is roughly composed of 150 people. 1/5 of them perished, which will affect dramatically all of them, first and foremost emotionally. The human loss is beyond just working force: everyone lost colleagues, friends or family members in there.
Also, when you consider that only 20L gasoline can explode like that, 40L in such confined space and with extremely flammable material definitely generated an inferno, so the survivors will be traumatized to a certain degree for the rest of their life.
Old 2019-07-18, 11:14   Link #84
dragon1412

yeah, the mental toll will be extremely painful for years, and to those involved, possibly scarred their entire life. Some might even unable to go back to the studio due to the trauma. I wonder what was the reason why that man commit this horrendous act.

Consider how much damage 20L of gasoline can do, i dreaded what really happened there. And that is not mention the lack of oxygen cause by the fire
Old 2019-07-18, 11:29   Link #85
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This is so horrible. I really hope the studio will be able to recover from this, although sadly there is no replacing the lives lost.

I am curious about the killer's motives, because depending on them it could affect the industry even further.
Old 2019-07-18, 11:36   Link #86
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Oh wow, I heard that there was a fire but not that it happened at Kyoani studios until now. My condolences to everyone that survived
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 12:00   Link #87
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I am curious about the killer's motives, because depending on them it could affect the industry even further.
Japanese media are speculating that the possible reasons include the man seeking revenge on Kyoani for "stealing his idea" through plagiarism.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 12:02   Link #88
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

^ Apparently, some witness in the neighbourhood stated they clearly heard the culprit yelling he got plagiarized when he was leaving the area before being arrested. There is however nothing to confirm what was his mental state at that point.
Old 2019-07-18, 12:10   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I've got no words for the evil monster behind this.

All I can do is feel for those that lost their lives or were injured. Just a horrible thing. All you can do is hope that those that did survive can recover emotionally from this. And certainly hope the studio can recover in time.

I just send my condolences to those that suffered from this and my thanks to them for all the great work they've done.
Old 2019-07-18, 12:16   Link #90
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

My condolences to the victims of the Kyoto Animation Arson attack.
This is a sad day for all anime fans.
Old 2019-07-18, 12:24   Link #91
Frontier

God, this is so horrible...my thoughts and prayers go out to the studio and all the survivors, as well as to the souls of those who didn't. I hope they can recover from such a senseless tragedy.
Old 2019-07-18, 12:30   Link #92
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

This may be the most horrible coincidence, or another cold calculation from the culprit, but it appears the access to the studio usually requires a card, but that security measure was disabled on 18th July as the staff was expecting visitors.
Old 2019-07-18, 12:41   Link #93
Dark Wing

So this psycho did this because he believed his idea was stolen? That's horrific...
Old 2019-07-18, 12:49   Link #94
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people at KyoAni.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 12:56   Link #95
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ Apparently, some witness in the neighbourhood stated they clearly heard the culprit yelling he got plagiarized when he was leaving the area before being arrested. There is however nothing to confirm what was his mental state at that point.
Word floating on JP internet is that it's somehow linked to Euphonium based on strange, deranged postings on 2ch. Unproven and a rather weak connection though since you get these kind of weirdos on 2ch all the time.

At any rate this is so senseless and drives home again how frail life is
Old 2019-07-18, 13:01   Link #96
dragon1412

i found those info on reddit as well, but it is a weak link and we have no idea how truthful it is until the actual investigation is out. And 2ch is not really a good place for evidence unless we can prove the poster is the pepretrator. But yeah, it really drive how fragile life is.
Old 2019-07-18, 13:41   Link #97
Wandering Soul

This is horrible news. I have no words as to why someone would even think they were justified doing this.

My thoughts and prayers to the survivors, victims, and families of both.
Old 2019-07-18, 14:05   Link #98
rpgman1

Spoiler for Damage Assessment:

This is just heartbreaking. They shouldn't die but the arsonist is mentally unstable.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-18, 14:15   Link #99
Dextro
He Without a Title

Holy crap... that description... I don't know what to say. I woke up to the news this morning and have been devastated the entire day as more "bad" news drips in. Losing Takemoto-san and now, acording to that post, Ishihara-san and Ichidate-san as well? That's absolutely brutal. Brutal. I cannot imagine the absolute hell the survivors went through (and will go through from now on from the trauma).

Devastated. I don't really care much for most corporations but everyone here in the forums will not be shocked to hear that I'm a massive fan of KyoAni for the quality of their art and the different way they have tackled the anime medium this past decade (at least).

Like I said I'm absolutely devastated but my shock from hundreds of kilometers away is nothing, absolutely nothing compared to the victims. I'm not religious so I won't send prayers but my thoughts are with the victims and their families. Let us hope that the studio and, most important, all the affected employees can come out of this stronger and as safe as possible.
Old 2019-07-18, 14:19   Link #100
AntonKutovoi

As far as I know, Ishihara, Ishidate (and also Yamada Naoko) are confirmed to be safe, so that post seems to be wrong.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote