Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 23:41   Link #41
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
That's a stupid mindset if you ask me. Meanwhile, the British and the Israelis are usually good at both celebrating successes and burying most failures. Perhaps, the CIA should have watched and learned how to do it long ago.

Still, I wonder what those successes can be, especially what kind of sensitive information/secret can be extremely embarrassing for Beijing if that came into the spotlight. I would like to see those in the news from time to time rather than focusing on whatever has gone wrong.
Snowden already said it all.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 03:13   Link #42
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Japan becomes SEA's Naval Power

Well are we all waiting for this? Is that why they released Kantai Collection?
It just mean China have more means to justify its growing defense budget and developing deep sea-naval force. It also mean all ASEAN should quickly start a new arm race .Quickly, everyone go buy some submarines while it's hot. Come on, Vietnam already bought six, other ASEAN nations should buy at least 4-5 per country. Oh, and don't forget ships as well as anti-air weapons. I know it's not enough but at least when the worst time come, we can hold the line for a while
Old 2015-06-17, 07:26   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Hey! If someone attacks you, you fight back with the same weapons. If China steals vital information from the US, then the US are fully entitled to retaliate by stealing vital information from China, and vice-versa. Is there anything else any simpler to do than that?
Maybe China isn't worth hacking.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 12:57   Link #44
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Maybe China isn't worth hacking.
or the US already hack China.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
It just mean China have more means to justify its growing defense budget and developing deep sea-naval force. It also mean all ASEAN should quickly start a new arm race .Quickly, everyone go buy some submarines while it's hot. Come on, Vietnam already bought six, other ASEAN nations should buy at least 4-5 per country. Oh, and don't forget ships as well as anti-air weapons. I know it's not enough but at least when the worst time come, we can hold the line for a while
OCU! OCU! OCU!
Old 2015-06-18, 06:18   Link #45
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
Meanwhile the Japs are going to blow us out of the water and interrogate survivors with traps.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2015-06-22, 06:49   Link #46
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Why China is far from ready to meet the U.S. on a global battlefront
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...l-battlefront/

Edit: The five most important issues in U.S.-China relations
http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debat...ina-relations/

Last edited by ganbaru; 2015-06-23 at 07:02.
ganbaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-24, 09:32   Link #47
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Fabric of a Trade Deal: U.S. Asks Vietnam to Cut Out Chinese Textiles

I don't know what to make of this, but I think Vietnam stands to have a great business opportunity in printing and making otaku shirts, whether they be sold in Japan under Cospa or by the doujinshis in the various cons throughout SEA.

And the importation cost, with EOS, will be much lower than China - thanks to highly trackable land logistics technology.

The cost might be slightly higher, but the quality will be much better. No more runny threads!

Old 2015-06-26, 03:56   Link #48
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Fabric of a Trade Deal: U.S. Asks Vietnam to Cut Out Chinese Textiles

I don't know what to make of this, but I think Vietnam stands to have a great business opportunity in printing and making otaku shirts, whether they be sold in Japan under Cospa or by the doujinshis in the various cons throughout SEA.

And the importation cost, with EOS, will be much lower than China - thanks to highly trackable land logistics technology.

The cost might be slightly higher, but the quality will be much better. No more runny threads!
Beijing would never let us do that and in the case Vietnam manage to do that, I'm sure there will be the great consequence follow up. To be honest, with the current situation of Vietnam ( Party's National congress is coming soon and it will bring many personnel changes ), it's kinda hard to predict things but I think US will have to do more than that to strengthen the pro-US faction in our goverment.
Old 2022-11-06, 17:38   Link #49
AnimeFan188

Extremely Ominous Warning About China From US Strategic Command Chief

"“This Ukraine crisis that we’re in right now, this is just the warmup,” Richard said. “The big one (i.e., a conflict with China) is coming. And it isn’t going to be very long before we’re going to get tested in ways that we haven’t been tested in a long time.”

Urgent rethinking of current U.S. defense strategies and deterrence capabilities is needed in order to prepare for the threat of conflict with China, Richard argued, as this would be a different caliber of conflict to Russia’s all-out invasion of Ukraine, which began in February.

“We have to do some rapid, fundamental change(s) in the way we approach the defense of this nation (the U.S.),” he said.

Overall, Richard offered a bleak assessment of America's ability to deter China militarily in the near term:

“As I assess our level of deterrence against China, the ship is slowly sinking. It is sinking slowly, but it is sinking, as fundamentally they (China) are putting capability in the field faster than we are. As those curves keep going, it isn’t going to matter how good our (operating plan) is or how good our commanders are, or how good our horses are — we're not going to have enough of them. And that is a very near-term problem.”

China has rapidly fielded and invested in high-end military technologies and equipment over the past few years – including massive investments in its Navy, new advanced drone concepts, modernized fighter jets as well as new missiles of all types. Virtually every facet of its military has seen significant overhaul over the last decade. For some time now, U.S. defense officials have warned against the threats to regional stability and the U.S. posed by China’s accelerated weapons and technology development, which has led to the country approaching parity, if not surpassing, the U.S. in certain areas of warfare. Moreover, significant operational challenges for U.S. forces, especially in terms of logistics, would manifest themselves should a major conflict with China arise."

See:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zon...-command-chief
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote