Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-04-10, 06:37   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
So is it actually on Disney+ yet, because I can't find it at all.
It is. I had trouble finding it myself last week, didn't show up in Disney's search engine. Although in the US I think it might be on Hulu instead.

If you can't access this link, there's your answer:

https://www.disneyplus.com/series/te...o/7hd7j6bmGOTg
Old 2023-04-10, 06:58   Link #42
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It is. I had trouble finding it myself last week, didn't show up in Disney's search engine. Although in the US I think it might be on Hulu instead.

So Starplus is the one with the anime like Summer time. The thing is that I am from South America and I still can't find it. Is it delayed?
Old 2023-04-10, 18:34   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
So Starplus is the one with the anime like Summer time. The thing is that I am from South America and I still can't find it. Is it delayed?
What does it tell you when you click on the link? I heard they were streaming it internationally but some countries are most likely excluded. Could be that it's under another name too.
Old 2023-04-10, 19:33   Link #44
grecefar

Finally I got to see the chapter. I really don't like genderswap/genderbend genre but the setting and plot is good enough so I'll stand it for now.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-10, 20:14   Link #45
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Yeah, it's telling me it's not available. I did find it on Hulu though, so yeah in the US it looks like it's only on Hulu. Which sucks because Hulu's subtitle encoding is crap.

I did enjoy the first two episodes though. I'm looking forward to seeing where this leads.
Old 2023-04-12, 06:26   Link #46
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Since I couldn't find it on any platform regardless of title, I watched in another way. Wow, the main character
Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2023-04-12, 09:23   Link #47
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This series is carried on Hulu in the US under its Japanese name. I subscribed to see what was available and watch this series. I expect I'll be dropping my subscription soon and watching the series via other means.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-15, 10:24   Link #48
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

This series went from kinda interesting to possibly the worst world building I've ever seen, and from what I've heard it just gets edgier. Probably a drop but it might make a good hate watch.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 00:34   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 03:39   Link #50
Sides

Ep03
Spoiler:
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 07:47   Link #51
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Science doesn't matter with gender swaps as much as making sure the audience can self insert. I dunno what the fuck was going on with Mario Kart either though. You'd think after the apocalypse there'd be a less resource intensive sport they could come up with... gas, batteries, rubber, helmets, etc. aren't going to last forever.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 07:58   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Ep03
Spoiler:
I'm sure it will come in due time. This episode revealed the disaster happened in 2024 and that the series takes place 15 years after that.

I like shows that raise tons of questions, so long as those questions get answered eventually.
Old 2023-04-16, 12:29   Link #53
grecefar

I'm thinking it was the doctor who shot kiriko and made the surgery just because he wanted to and he is a crazy bastard maybe.

I feel bad for maru thought, he got a along so well with her but it was because kiruko was a boy.

And the "trapped" children are getting weirder each chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 22:41   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That's one heck of a way to shoot someone down . And completely fair. Even with some years to process it...that's one heck of a mindbending situation. Stuck in his sister's body. A constant reminder of her being gone...is there every time he looks in the mirror. Not like answers will undo what's been done. I doubt the doctor has his sister's brain in a jar with him. Although...maybe?

I'd like to think the Sister begged for that to be done to save her brother's life. Seems likely that she'd take the offer if the Doctor did mention being willing to try and do it.

Lot of questions and they are all the further away from tracking down this mysterious facility.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Science doesn't matter with gender swaps as much as making sure the audience can self insert. I dunno what the fuck was going on with Mario Kart either though. You'd think after the apocalypse there'd be a less resource intensive sport they could come up with... gas, batteries, rubber, helmets, etc. aren't going to last forever.
I find it completely believable that people would be that stupid and wasteful. It's the apocalypse. Living it up in the moment is completely on brand for humanity.

Plus...if those things aren't going to last forever, why not use them up before they go to waste? What else are they going to use them for? Going for scenic drives in a world with human eating monsters in it? I'm sure there are technically decent ways to use them. But...keeping people's spirits up isn't necessarily all that bad either.
Old 2023-04-16, 22:48   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Lot of questions and they are all the further away from tracking down this mysterious facility.
I find it completely believable that people would be that stupid and wasteful. It's the apocalypse. Living it up in the moment is completely on brand for humanity.

Plus...if those things aren't going to last forever, why not use them up before they go to waste? What else are they going to use them for? Going for scenic drives in a world with human eating monsters in it? I'm sure there are technically decent ways to use them. But...keeping people's spirits up isn't necessarily all that bad either.
You perfectly capture why this is so realistic to me - it’s exactly what I imagine people in a big city doing in this situation. Anything to relieve the merciless tedium of survival in a post-technological world where everyone remembers what it used to be like. That’s Ishiguro’s genius as a writer.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 23:21   Link #56
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I dunno what the fuck was going on with Mario Kart either though. You'd think after the apocalypse there'd be a less resource intensive sport they could come up with... gas, batteries, rubber, helmets, etc. aren't going to last forever.
I thought I was suddenly watching a rip-off of Akira

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-04-16, 23:28   Link #57
Alchemist007
*Author

I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the nurse was right and it's actually the sister with a mental condition, the surgical scar could just have been imagined. I think it's a less likely scenario though.
Old 2023-04-17, 03:56   Link #58
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I wouldn't be entirely shocked if the nurse was right and it's actually the sister with a mental condition, the surgical scar could just have been imagined. I think it's a less likely scenario though.
I'd honestly love if that were the case and if that particular brand of PTSD/Body Dysphoria would be taken seriously. Sadly, I don't believe that to be the case. I'm 90% sure it's exactly as we've been told and there was an actual brain transplant.
Old 2023-04-17, 06:25   Link #59
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Interesting. Maybe the MC is an actual girl in shock? Then again, I'm surprised about how social media didn't explode over the idea of the main character being nearly a trans. Still, the ending appears to have some symbolism of the head being opened. Guess they are busier with the mother age from Oshi no Ko.
Old 2023-04-17, 06:28   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's definitely a brain transplant. If it was Kiriko deluding herself into thinking she was her brother, she wouldn't have his memories and wouldn't be attracted to her own body.

Tags
adventure, sci-fi