AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2023-11-03, 15:54   Link #81
grecefar

I mean, there has to be an explanation on why two npc have such powerful magic like that.

that's a pretty lame mask ren.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-03, 17:14   Link #82
cyberdemon

Well they are still under the demon dragons curse. They were still working at a mere fraction of their actual strength. Their armor is still being repaired as well. Several things building up are what gave the bandits an opening. However these also aren’t normal bandits since they know of other worlds and their weapons.
Old 2023-11-03, 19:27   Link #83
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

the first thing that crossed my mind when i saw the weapon the first bandit was using was 'oh, more vassal otherworlders tryna kill Naofumi, how original'
At least this time he did take in the cute clown child, she clearly needed a home
Old 2023-11-04, 01:36   Link #84
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Couldn't they have run to the side or backwards to avoid the meteor? And then deploy shields to protect themselves from the blast instead of getting squashed by the whole thing? They seem to have had plenty of time considering that guy's countdown, the look of the speed of the meteor, the size of the meteor's shadow relative to the caster and how Filo had the speed to clear from under it to reach the 2nd guy who is outside the meteor shadow. Naofumi clearly didn't go to the Prometheus school of running away from things. And tanking a meteor looks better than running away since we need flashy stuff to happen after all.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-04, 08:10   Link #85
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

S'yne is a variable type weapon user like Kizuna. I think crafting tools? I kinda like that since they tend to have a lot of utility skills.

Looks like some events are happening out of order, probably to resolve them faster.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-05, 00:06   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rising of the Shield Hero season 3. The Operation to Capture the Spear Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Trust me, even with what's happening here, he still is.
Honestly, the novelty on the Raising of the Shield Hero began to wear off on me midway back in season 2, and the current season was exarcebating the process that is until Myne escalated the conflict beyond rationality.

Seriously, when she's going to meet her end be put off everyone's misery. I mean watching the whole scene of sucking up to Ren in order to manipulate him to put the blame on Naofumi opened sore wounds from episode one of the first season, that like Naofumi I also got a reaction out of the exchange.

If Motoyasu is a clown simp fool for women, Ren is an egocentric man-child with an idiotic ego to boot.

So, going by this season's opening, and the pattern followed from the first season:

1. First, Naofumi got swindled, and how it cost him to reestablish his reputation, but we do trust that he grew-up his fair share out of that traitorous experience with Myne.

2. Second, Motoyasu but no surprise in there, and no surprise either that she abandoned that clown for being useless and weak. He's trying to comeback now setting his eyes on Filo, but he got his butt kicked out of submission by Raphtalia and Naofumi.

3. Thirdly, Ren chose to become Myne's new toy out of desperation and childishness ignoring Naofumis' warnings, hence, I won't be surprised if he ends in an even nastier spot or fate worse than Motoyasu once B***h leaves him for good after squeezing everything out of him.

4. Can anyone place their bets that if either in this season or a next one B***h would be trying her luck with Itsuki and a similar swindling will happen and much to Naofumi's disgust?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-06, 03:21   Link #87
magnuskn

The glitched speech of S'yne is quite interesting in of in itself, since it points towards the setting really being different game worlds.
Old 2023-11-06, 07:57   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Honestly, the novelty on the Raising of the Shield Hero began to wear off on me midway back in season 2, and the current season was exarcebating the process that is until Myne escalated the conflict beyond rationality.

Seriously, when she's going to meet her end be put off everyone's misery. I mean watching the whole scene of sucking up to Ren in order to manipulate him to put the blame on Naofumi opened sore wounds from episode one of the first season, that like Naofumi I also got a reaction out of the exchange.

If Motoyasu is a clown simp fool for women, Ren is an egocentric man-child with an idiotic ego to boot.

So, going by this season's opening, and the pattern followed from the first season:

1. First, Naofumi got swindled, and how it cost him to reestablish his reputation, but we do trust that he grew-up his fair share out of that traitorous experience with Myne.

2. Second, Motoyasu but no surprise in there, and no surprise either that she abandoned that clown for being useless and weak. He's trying to comeback now setting his eyes on Filo, but he got his butt kicked out of submission by Raphtalia and Naofumi.

3. Thirdly, Ren chose to become Myne's new toy out of desperation and childishness ignoring Naofumis' warnings, hence, I won't be surprised if he ends in an even nastier spot or fate worse than Motoyasu once B***h leaves him for good after squeezing everything out of him.

4. Can anyone place their bets that if either in this season or a next one B***h would be trying her luck with Itsuki and a similar swindling will happen and much to Naofumi's disgust?
What you should be trying to guess is whether or not they will come out as better characters after being dropped by her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The glitched speech of S'yne is quite interesting in of in itself, since it points towards the setting really being different game worlds.
Out of curiosity, do you have any idea why the speech is all glitched?
Old 2023-11-06, 09:24   Link #89
magnuskn

Quote:
Out of curiosity, do you have any idea why the speech is all glitched?
Well, I'm speculating here of what we've seen so far. Basically, since it's all different game worlds and her world was destroyed, her "code" is damaged, therefore the distortions in her speech, which kinda sound like corrupted sound files.
Old 2023-11-07, 01:27   Link #90
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
What you should be trying to guess is whether or not they will come out as better characters after being dropped by her.
Well, Ren must come as a better character after he experiences hell ordeal with Myne tossing him away eventually, because if not either he gets killed by his own doing, by Naofumi, or by Fitoria.

Motoyasu, he becoming a better character !? I would be very surprised if he comes at least halfway decent later in the story. Because, right now he switched his woman target to Filo much to Naofumi's disgust, and it did not earn him any points or saving grace calling Raphtalia pig tanuki.

Itsuki is on standby until how his arc develops, but he definitely would have a complex...
Spoiler:
Old 2023-11-10, 10:04   Link #91
Frontier

Ren backstory! He started out as kind of an awkward guy who was great at VRMMMO games...sounds familiar? But his experience gaming worked against him because he just assumed everything in this other world worked like his game, and he let his companions' praise go to his head, and when things turned out badly and he ended up getting his companions' killed, he had no way of properly processing it .

And then Bitch walks in, and Ren knew better than to believe her, but he was so desperate for someone to still see worth in him and believe in HIM that he fell for her hook line and sinker. And to add insult to injury Bitch straight up robbed him and stole his equipment !

That's not even the end of it, because those two bandits who went after Naofumi came after him too, and Ren had to run like a coward, not receiving any help from the citizes who hate him like they hate the rest of the Three Stooges now for screwing up with the Spirit Tortoise. Hitting rock bottom and having nothing left finally lets Ren achieve his Curse powers, just in time to kill and take over the bandits' identity .

So Motoyasu is going to keep up with this "Father" thing, huh? He'll literally do anything Naofumi says now .

Ren is definitely a lot more powerful with his Curse spells. Naofumi had Wrath, but Ren had Greed (and also Gluttony). Makes me wonder what sins Motoyasu and Itsuki have .

I didn't expect (nor want to see) giant golden boob monster !

Time for Eclair to get the spotlight! A real swordswoman here to make the Sword Hero realize that his obsession with strength and obtaining everything was hollow, and not what he truly desired. And no matter how much he threw his strength at her she was able to dodge and defeat it, and even defeating him with a rapid flurry of her blade like Asuna would've done !

Motoyasu...actually helped!? He killed the bandits with no problem. He's actually competent now!? Just keep him away from Filo though .

Ren has his issues but he's still a guy who saved three girls from getting stabbed, so there's hope for him yet. Especially with Eclaire by his side .
Old 2023-11-10, 10:14   Link #92
Twi

They really shouldn't have cut the training match between Eclair and Ren before the Spirit Tortoise incident. It would have given it more weight.
Old 2023-11-10, 10:33   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't think this episode is that bad. Too bad that as far as the anime is concerned, this is the first real interaction between Eclair and Ren. In the LN they already had a bout long before this. There was a history between the two that would have been resolved here.

Also, is nobody going to point at the cursed spear in the room?

For that matter, it's not quite how the cursed spear is portrayed in the LN.

As for what his sin is, I personally think it's rather obvious.
Old 2023-11-10, 15:53   Link #94
grecefar

so that's it?, malty managed to fool the sword hero to just... steal his equipment?

motoyasu was hilarious in this chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-10, 16:10   Link #95
magnuskn

Okay, Melty really has chronic backstabbing disorder.

A little too much pathos in this episode, otherwise.

But I really lol'ed with the two otherworld bandits and Motosayu.
Old 2023-11-11, 11:47   Link #96
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
so that's it?, malty managed to fool the sword hero to just... steal his equipment?

motoyasu was hilarious in this chapter.
She does what works. As I've said before, there are areas she's far from brilliant at, but there are areas where she's skilled. She absolutely sucks at making up really great lie that will stand up to scrutiny, but she's great at picking the people and timing so that her lies won't be doubted. One of her biggest problems though is she's quite shallow in her thought processes. As the queen told her (in the light novels), if she'd been even a little smarter about things she'd have stuck to the Shield, taken every effort to bear his child, and used the political power and influence she'd thus gain over Siltvelt to leverage greater power in Melromarc. Instead she figured she'd go with what would give her the most immediate gain and be easiest to fool: the flashy, overly-trusting Spear. And similarly now, rather than actually try to build Ren up and make him into an actually powerful pawn, she just robs him and leaves, and I'm sure tries to find Itsuki and once more use the exact same line that'd worked before.

And yeah, I myself wondered whether that light around Motoyasu's spear was supposed to indicate that he too had awakened the Curse series. If so they must've fixed it up a bit since,
Spoiler for from what I've read:
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-11, 19:21   Link #97
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So the entire point of this episode was to setup Eclaire as a love interest for the sword moron lol like at least Rishia was part of the bow moron's party and had interacted with him before, but to have this character that has had zero interaction with the sword moron suddenly go and pull a Raphtalia is quite a choice for sure.
Old 2023-11-11, 20:35   Link #98
Twi

Again, they dropped content that showed how she tried to help him with training prior to the Spirit Tortoise but he was too proud, more so when she beat him in a duel so he resorted to using a skill.

If anything, I just feel bad for Ren. People say he got the Naofumi treatment, but his situation is a lot worse. For starters, he actually died unlike Naofumi so it's not like he can go back home. On top of that he's a 16 year old, making him the youngest of the heroes. And then his party members actually died, whereas Motoyatsu's ditched him because he wasn't useful to them anymore (and he's gone cuckoo for cocopuffs) whereas Ren's stayed with him until the end. The closest Naofumi got to that point was when the zombie dragon ate Filo (didn't take) and his curse series burned Raph (also didn't take).
Old 2023-11-11, 20:53   Link #99
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Yeah, Eclaire had less interaction with Ren than Rishia with Itsuki, but she DID interact with him and try to help him find his way out of his own butt. But, they cut that for time... Yeah, I understand that it can be difficult to figure out just what to include and exclude in order to fit the mandated time limit and episode count, but that was not a good choice.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-12, 00:24   Link #100
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Rising of the Shield Hero season 3. Each of Their Paths

Thinking things through for a second time, I actually ponder if another incident similar with that Kyo guy from Glass world will ensue in the third season.

The assassins came from another world and whomever is pulling their strings wants Raphtalia's world eradicated along with Naofumi and the three stooges.

Even if Raphtalia was on the right, Naofumi cannot indulge in the luxury at relaxing his guard after letting that Sy'ne girl to stay in Lurolona village. After all, he's being his usual self and wants not a repeat of an incident similar with the slavers befalling the village again.

Still, Sy'ne herself being from another world and a vassal weapon hero to boot brings another mystery, though the otherworldly visitors is turning into a cliché in and of itself for this show.

Now, let's see what's the deal with Ren going masked duking it out against Motoyasu.