AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 21 Rating
Perfect 10 2 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 37.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 43.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-05-29, 08:23   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2019-05-29, 10:58   Link #2
SidVicious
Anime addict

Better than what I expected.
Old 2019-05-29, 11:28   Link #3
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Nice naming choice there Naofumi. Also, I loved the look on B*tch's face when she begged him to show mercy.
Old 2019-05-29, 11:31   Link #4
SilverGlavenus

Dang that was satisfying, but I wanted more. Giving them those names is great and all, but it's not like everyone is forced to call them with the new names.
Old 2019-05-29, 11:37   Link #5
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

If they follow the novel, I will hate this series.
Glad they changed it.

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
Old 2019-05-29, 12:10   Link #6
Ichinotachi

That was an excellent episode, after the previous ones with lots of flaws this one managed to fix the ending of this arc in a very good way. There are changes yes, but good ones.

Loved how Bitch and the king got what they deserved, what a great Queen. One of the best parts about this episode is how it shows the change on Naofumi's attitude, he's no longer an edgelord that can barely do what is right, he's a better person and that's thanks to all what happened to him. Now the final arc for the adaptation is about to begin.
Old 2019-05-29, 12:14   Link #7
The Green One

So Nafoumi leveled up from Mr. Edgelord to a garden variety Isekai Protagonist.

Though we saw his human side more clearly in this one.

But seriously, does that Red Head have no shame at all? Begging for her life from the person she wronged. Getting beheaded would of been a quicker cleaner end. Still Nafoumi missed his chance to be rid of her, as long as she's alive she can still cause trouble. I doubt we've seen the last of her.

Can't blame the Queen here really, there's no way it can be anywhere remotely easy to kill the child of your body in cold blood along with your significant other who's crime is drowning in his emotional pain and allowing himself to be manipulated. It's not like he did it for the lulz and when he heard what his other daughter attempted to do to Melty he was clearly sickened.

Well now that Nafoumi's name is thoroughly cleared we can get back to the business of saving the world.
Old 2019-05-29, 12:21   Link #8
Panzercracker

Keep the bitch princess is a mistake, a traitor will alway be traitor, she will plot again.
Old 2019-05-29, 12:32   Link #9
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlavenus View Post
Dang that was satisfying, but I wanted more. Giving them those names is great and all, but it's not like everyone is forced to call them with the new names.
Cut content from the Manga:

Spoiler for This episode:

btw... If we now call Malty bitch... doesn't that make her mother the queen or mother bitch

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2019-05-29, 12:46   Link #10
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Cut content from the Manga:

Spoiler for This episode:

btw... If we now call Malty bitch... doesn't that make her mother the queen or mother bitch
Not entirely sure that needs spoiler marks. It was established back in the duel over Raphtalia after all. The people were unwilling to contradict the king because even HIS word was not to be contradicted or defied. So if the queen says "her name is Bitch" then yeah it only stands to reason you'd have to be very foolhardy to continue calling her Malty.
Old 2019-05-29, 13:04   Link #11
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The explanation for the Queen's absence was about what expected, and it really didn't hold up. What exactly was she doing to quell the other nations' anger? How was whatever she was doing more effective than just rushing back to Melromarc as quickly as possible to punish the King and dispatch the heroes to the nations that were supposed to get them? From my perspective, she spent months sitting on her ass because the plot required it. And once the author had decided Naofumi had suffered enough and it was time for him to get even with his enemies, she was allowed to appear to magically set everything right.

Myne showed how shameless she is in this episode. She knew she couldn't lie yet still tried countless times instead of admitting her guilt. Then she begged the man she had wronged for mercy.

Stripping her and Trash of their status and renaming is fine and all, but my understanding is that they aren't even going to be imprisoned? If they didn't want to kill them, having them rot away in a cell seemed like the next logical solution. Naofumi is just asking for further trouble here. Humiliating them like that is just going to make want to get revenge even more.

While he was it, Naofumi should have asked the Queen to rename the other three heroes "the three idiots". Damn, they're dumb.
Old 2019-05-29, 13:37   Link #12
Frontier

Man, the queen doesn't mess around. First thing she does after getting back is save the Shield Hero, apologize for what he went through, and go through every effort to make up for what her family did to him. Even if means exposing her daughter and husband as criminals and treating them as such .

Myne getting stuck with a slave seal and shocked for every lie she's ever told was so satisfying. Even at expense to herself the woman just could not stop telling lies, revealing just how terrible a human being she is, and with a fitting jolt of pain to go along with it .

So why does Aultcray hate the Shield Hero so much? Even the queen didn't seem to know, or at least didn't feel like she had the right to tell Naofumi, but even to the bitter end he was declaring his hatred of the Shield Hero. What is up there? At least I'll give the former king this much, while he's just as bad as Malty at least he's genuine in his motivations .

It shows you how far Naofumi has come that the basest revenge he probably dreamed about by the end of episode 1 just isn't what he really wants anymore. On-top of having to watch the queen who was going so far to help him and Melty have to watch their family executed in front of him. Better a living revenge as befits these two criminals and labels them for what they really are. Plus he was able to make a show of it .

I kind of feel bad for the queen now that she has to say she's married to "Trash," accurate as that is, but at least he's alive .

Actually, what does happen to those two now? Are they even still allowed in the castle? Are they reduced to living like commoners? Are Mirelia and Aultcray still even married ?

It would take a very cold and heartless individual to be able to execute one's own family, even for the sake of justice, so I'm not surprised that someone who seemed as compassionate as the queen was willing to debase and threaten herself to save her family. Thankfully things still worked out in the end .

So, uh...are the Heroes going to apologize to Naofumi for convicting him along with the rest in the first episode? Motoyasu going to apologize for how badly he treated Naofumi or for believing Myne? No? Okay then .

We finally see the true Rise of the Shield Hero as his public image is restored and the people come to realize just how much of a hero Naofumi truly is, with Naofumi resolving to do the right thing of continuing to fight the Waves and work with Melromarc and the other Heroes instead of going it on his own while only caring for his companions. He's truly become a hero in his own right .

This felt like such a "final" episode that it'll be interesting to see what they do for the last few episodes. "Four Heroes Council" makes it seem like the Heroes will be convening together to figure out what to do about the Waves moving forward, maybe delineating where the Heroes will as far as the other countries where they were supposed to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The explanation for the Queen's absence was about what expected, and it really didn't hold up. What exactly was she doing to quell the other nations' anger? How was whatever she was doing more effective than just rushing back to Melromarc as quickly as possible to punish the King and dispatch the heroes to the nations that were supposed to get them? From my perspective, she spent months sitting on her ass because the plot required it. And once the author had decided Naofumi had suffered enough and it was time for him to get even with his enemies, she was allowed to appear to magically set everything right.
Well, considering other nations didn't retaliate against Melromarc immediately after they were screwed out of their Heroes, I'd say she did a pretty good job .
Quote:
Stripping her and Trash of their status and renaming is fine and all, but my understanding is that they aren't even going to be imprisoned? If they didn't want to kill them, having them rot away in a cell seemed like the next logical solution. Naofumi is just asking for further trouble here. Humiliating them like that is just going to make want to get revenge even more.
I think the idea is that now they'll have to live with their status, privilege, and even their names stripped away from them, which would be more effective if they now have to live in a society that knows what they did and has to call them the most demeaning names possible.

I don't really see Malty coming after Naofumi again. Maybe trying, but without her wealth and status she's hardly a threat.
Old 2019-05-29, 13:43   Link #13
Lex79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Myne showed how shameless she is in this episode. She knew she couldn't lie yet still tried countless times instead of admitting her guilt. Then she begged the man she had wronged for mercy.

While he was it, Naofumi should have asked the Queen to rename the other three heroes "the three idiots". Damn, they're dumb.
The queen was probably busy negotiating compensations for the nstions that were hit by the waves, and it's safe to assume that after the stunt her husband pulled the other leader wouldn't have let her go back easily without at least some formal agreement as insurance.

Regarding Malty, I'm disappointed. I never thought for a moment she was really going to die, but seriously, after what she did all she got was an embarassing name and not being royalty anymore? No prison? No forced labours? No becoming a slave of the heroes?
Old 2019-05-29, 13:50   Link #14
Fimbulvetr

Every time things are changed for the anime adaption, they get even more stupid.

Naofumi almost died, after an entire country and a church tried to murder him for some stupid reason. Even if he had a human side, at this point he should be the last person to want those two to live.
Him accepting the banishment and not insisting on capital punishment is one thing, but him actually asking for those two to be spared? That's not the edgelord I remember.
Old 2019-05-29, 14:01   Link #15
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lex79 View Post
Regarding Malty, I'm disappointed. I never thought for a moment she was really going to die, but seriously, after what she did all she got was an embarassing name and not being royalty anymore? No prison? No forced labours? No becoming a slave of the heroes?
For her, who prided herself so much on her status and position of power, having to be degraded like that in public and stripped of everything she actually cared about...I think it's probably worse then just having her head lopped off.
Old 2019-05-29, 14:40   Link #16
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
So Nafoumi leveled up from Mr. Edgelord to a garden variety Isekai Protagonist.
I perfer the title of...Thot Slayer!
Old 2019-05-29, 14:44   Link #17
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

They say karma is a Bitch. I'm glad they both met xD

Old 2019-05-29, 15:00   Link #18
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Dying is easy, Naofumi was right on that one despite having a different motivation to do that. Mein is just someone who was desperate to get more and more power by using her social status to reach that goal, even when that means killing her own sister, killing innocent people that lives in the kingdom that she's supposed to protect and plotting against someone who really wants to protect everyone and on top of that refusing to listen to the Queen.

Living in shame and being disrespected by the same people she treated as scum is the best punishment for Bitch.
Old 2019-05-29, 16:03   Link #19
Wandering Soul

Quote:
The way I see it stripping her of everything and leaving her with a shameful name wouldn't mean much to Naofumi if she was just locked away in a cell. Letting her go around town being judged and derided by the peasants that she is no better than now, much like how he had to do, is a more fitting punishment in Naofumi's eyes.
Old 2019-05-29, 16:04   Link #20
The Green One

Well Nafoumi claws his way back up from nothing and a ruined reputation. He himself proved it's possible. Leaving a loose end like this feels dangerous......