AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 1 8.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 8.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 8.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-05-01, 08:00   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 17 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero, Episode 17.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2019-05-01, 10:37   Link #2
Ichinotachi

The fight between Fitoria and Firo was a little bit short but it goes straight to the point, Fitoria can be harsh with her but it is something needed and is a good thing that she managed to pass this test, now we have a new queen. There was only one thing completely out of place, that music, seriously it didn't fit the mood of the fight at all.

Looks like Fitoria still remember the previous shield hero, the way she reacted to Naofumi's words was so cute. One thing that was a surprise for me, why is he making an appearance this early in the story.
Old 2019-05-01, 10:42   Link #3
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Mein really isn't messing around. And she clearly has some strong allies; I don't think she has enough power to launch an attack like we saw.

And sadly, with that sort of attack it's pretty set that the Hero Naofumi's going to be dropped near is Motoyasu the Fool.
Old 2019-05-01, 11:27   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

As I thought, Fitoria was still willing to give Naofumi a chance. Her declaration last week was meant to force him to change his mind, although she totally will (reluctantly) kill him and the others if she believes she really has no other choice, so it's not like she was lying. She has a soft spot for him because he raised Filo and reminds her of her hero. We found out she has a really cute side.

The fight between Fitoria and Filo wasn't very exciting but it was decent enough. Filo is now a Queen, the crown turning into an ahoge (which she doesn't like) was pretty funny.

What Fitoria said about having to choose between the world or its people was intriguing. I doubt that's something we'll find out anytime soon though.

The ending was a surprise. Ren and Itsuki obviously survived, but they may have lost some of their party members. What were they expecting to find here, and who fired that nuke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
And sadly, with that sort of attack it's pretty set that the Hero Naofumi's going to be dropped near is Motoyasu the Fool.
When she mentioned dropping him off near another hero, I immediately thought it'd be Motoyasu. But after that ending, maybe he'll be dropped off near the other two so he can heal them.
Old 2019-05-01, 11:42   Link #5
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I liked the head pat.
Old 2019-05-01, 11:47   Link #6
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What Fitoria said about having to choose between the world or its people was intriguing. I doubt that's something we'll find out anytime soon though.
Makes me think of an RPG I'm playing right now. When a monster known as the "star-eater" is unsealed one guy tries to forge a spell that will destroy the creature using the collective life force of every single human on the planet. Save the planet or protect mankind. Needless to say, I've never seen a story where the heroes choose the former, and most often they just say "screw that I'm finding a third option".
Old 2019-05-01, 12:33   Link #7
The Green One

Welp Sword, Bow, and their parties just got nuked on the stinger. Surely they're dead forever and all is lost. *chuckles*

Well that was interesting, turns out Fitoria is a lonely girl who's long outlived her "parent" and upholds what little she remembers of him through protecting the world. It was heartwarming when she let down her barriers a little bit and showed Naofumi her lonesomeness, the headpat was cute.

Fitoria gave Filo some training disguised as a hopeless boss fight and Filo learned a new move! She also earned the crown of awesomeness as Fitoria's successor. Just kidding it's an ahoge. At least it has special powers! It also seems to be a parasite thats slowly taking over Filo's head.

Well it's good that Fitoria isn't that much of a hardass to follow through on her death threat immediately. So it looks like the core of the issue is later down the road there is a solution to the waves that will stop them but guarantee the death of a lot of people or the people could be defended but there's no guarantee of success.

I have to admit as they are the four Heroes will fail. They couldn't even end the last wave until Nafoumi bailed them out and Glass would of killed them all if she hadn't decided to play with her food too much. If we assume it's only going to get harder from there I'd say it's two, maybe three more waves before they get wiped out. If the world is doomed from that I could see Fitoria's point of view on why she'd have to slaughter the heroes and summon new ones, cruel and unfair as it might be to Nafoumi.
Old 2019-05-01, 13:19   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The first half is a chore to watch. The good part is the second half where the characters actually talk things out and the conspiracy is getting thicker.
Old 2019-05-01, 13:49   Link #9
Frontier

I feel like Filo needed to a little humbling courtesy of Fitoria, so it was nice to see her really on the ropes and then finding the will and motivation to become stronger. And now she's got a cool claw move .

Poor Erhard's gloves .

So now Filo is next in line to be the Fillolial Queen, even if she doesn't seem to want the job or the ahoge that comes with it .

Fitoria has a good point that it's not like Naofumi can single-handedly hold off all the Waves on his own with just his Party. Sure, with the Rage Shield he's probably stronger then the other Heroes but there's still only so much he, Raphtalia, and Filo can do. And certainly he couldn't even make a dent in Glass .

The question of whether Naofumi actually tried to clear his name was an interesting one. I guess it is kind of true that he wrote everybody off that accused him and just went off on his own, not caring whether they ever believed or accepted him, but maybe if he had tried to make people understand he would've had more support from the beginning. Granted, an idiot like Motoyasu would probably have never believed him, but I think Ren might have given him a chance. Itsuki is probably 50/50 .

It was becoming more and more obvious that Fitoria's Hero was the original Shield Hero, especially with that green armor (I guess the Heroes have always had their distinctive color?). It was nice to see Fitoria be reminded of her master and find a renewed sense of hope in Naofumi. And her resting her head on his lap was so adorable .

Past Heroes chose saving The People over saving The World? Is that why the Wave's are still happening? I thought that connected with the Shield Hero supporting the Demi-Humans, but it seems like something all the Heroes have done in the past. Probably because sacrificing a bunch of lives for the greater good isn't something people can easily do .

So...that crypt was supposed to house all their weapons? Then what were they surprised about it being empty for ?

Either the church or Myne tried to kill Ren, Itsuki, and their parties, obviously because they were closing in on the truth about the conspiracy. And with the next title being "The Conspiracy Thickens," I imagine we'll find out exactly what's been going on all this time .
Old 2019-05-01, 19:50   Link #10
Kinematics
Let's play a game!

Kinda cute that the two BFF little girls are now both next in line to be the next queens. There's a part of me that would love to see their interactions 20 or 30 years down the line. Probably horribly spoiling Naofumi and Raphtalia's grandchildren.
Old 2019-05-01, 21:40   Link #11
Galaxian

Baby Fitoria in the the flashback was even cuter than she is now.
Old 2019-05-02, 00:08   Link #12
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinematics View Post
Kinda cute that the two BFF little girls are now both next in line to be the next queens. There's a part of me that would love to see their interactions 20 or 30 years down the line. Probably horribly spoiling Naofumi and Raphtalia's grandchildren.
Setting a new standard for politics and human/Fillolial relationships .
Old 2019-05-02, 02:38   Link #13
Arya

Not particularly fond of this episode, in any case, given the Queen upgraded Naofumi and Filo she could have dropped them before that other country's clock temple/church in which they could have level up and only THEN bring them back and drop near some other Hero. I mean, that's a big factor in their being weak. Plus they have to pass by the queen that is exactly in the exact opposite direction.

I'm expecting she dropped them near sword and bow heroes. The timing is perfect for him to enter the stage and save the day, before shielding them all, or after, healing them. Before should be the best fit, I mean, in this way the other heroes would learn fast how having a shield in the party would be truly useful So maybe half and half, he will protect almost all of them and heal the others left out. He then will have to just wait to be asked to come to terms with them.

Again, so now they are trying to eliminate two heroes. It doesn't make sense. As I said a week ago, they must have some good game changing ace up in their sleeves But to be honest what I fear the most is that they are just being stupid

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2019-05-02, 11:17   Link #14
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

This fills like a filler episode since it merely confirmed something we all know all along, that Filo's going to be the next queen.

Pretty sure Fitoria's daddy was the previous shield hero, and part of why she didn't decide to kill them after all is because she's reminded of the old shield hero when she's around Naofumi, and so he now has 2 turkeys in his harem

The most interesting part is that scene after the ED, hope we finally get some answers next episode!
Old 2019-05-02, 13:10   Link #15
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
This fills like a filler episode since it merely confirmed something we all know all along, that Filo's going to be the next queen.

Pretty sure Fitoria's daddy was the previous shield hero, and part of why she didn't decide to kill them after all is because she's reminded of the old shield hero when she's around Naofumi, and so he now has 2 turkeys in his harem

The most interesting part is that scene after the ED, hope we finally get some answers next episode!
It wasn't just about confirming her position, but giving her a power boost and forcing her to expand her fighting style to include combat as a human. And while I suspect her Hero was the Shield, I'm not going to place any bets as this seems more like something they want to leave unknown, and I have no problem with a few "shrugs".
Old 2019-05-02, 15:00   Link #16
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Makes me think of an RPG I'm playing right now. When a monster known as the "star-eater" is unsealed one guy tries to forge a spell that will destroy the creature using the collective life force of every single human on the planet. Save the planet or protect mankind. Needless to say, I've never seen a story where the heroes choose the former, and most often they just say "screw that I'm finding a third option".
Ah, a staple in the JRPG genre.
Old 2019-05-02, 18:20   Link #17
grecefar

So fitoria wants naofuni to fix things with the others heroes, like telling him go and apologize because if not I'll kill you, instead to threat the others heroes she threat the only one who is worth it, so why don't you go and talk to the others?, and just because she have the "gist" of what happend to naofumi she doesn't understand how thing works in the kingdom and what he had been through, and even more she almost told him don't use the rage shield.

get out of here fitoria...
Old 2019-05-02, 19:28   Link #18
Ichinotachi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
So fitoria wants naofuni to fix things with the others heroes, like telling him go and apologize because if not I'll kill you, instead to threat the others heroes she threat the only one who is worth it, so why don't you go and talk to the others?, and just because she have the "gist" of what happend to naofumi she doesn't understand how thing works in the kingdom and what he had been through, and even more she almost told him don't use the rage shield.

get out of here fitoria...
You should try to pay attention to the episode because you didn't understand a thing.

Fitoria is way ahead of Naofumi when it comes to life experience and how this world works, you can clearly see that she understands the situation and knows that despite the fact that Naofumi is refusing to do what she's telling him to do, he is the only one of the 4 heroes who knows what's trully happening around the world, he is the only one who can actually use his brain, unlike the other 3 heroes. Spear is an idiot, Bow is a douche and Sword is still getting dragged aroud by those 2 and malty, of course she's not going to do anything about those other 3 heroes when the crown is doing scummy stuff against Naofumi and supporting someone who doesn't give a damn about the inhabitants of this world.

You say that Fitoria doesn't understand how the kingdom works when she's the one that is actually trying to do something that goes against a corrupt kingdom even if that means getting rid of the current 4 heroes and summon new ones that can get the job done. The innocent people and the world comes first, she's doing the right thing, also after all these episodes you still don't understand that the rage shield is not exactly something Naofumi should be using, especially after how it affects him while using it?
Old 2019-05-02, 20:00   Link #19
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Ah, a staple in the JRPG genre.
True enough but don't diss it. It's a staple because it's good. That's why it's popular in games, books and anime alike. And I waited 20 years for this game's upgraded version.
Old 2019-05-02, 20:15   Link #20
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Naofumi sure has been developed the art of headpat.