AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-05-08, 12:39   Link #81
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well it's not like he "showed" up, really.

Anyway the English translation only goes up to like, volume 13 or so. So I really wouldn't know anything beyond that.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 15:47   Link #82
Huh...?

The tension before "Judgment" hit felt quite weak compared to LN and Manga.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 17:04   Link #83
LKK

What volume of the LN is the anime currently adapting?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 17:18   Link #84
RDNexus

Still on Vol04. May get done in two weeks, at best.
I'm not seeing it getting done by next week, with how slow it's been going as of late.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-08, 19:52   Link #85
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Still on Vol04. May get done in two weeks, at best.
I'm not seeing it getting done by next week, with how slow it's been going as of late.
I need to reread v4 then. I don't remember any of this.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-09, 01:34   Link #86
RDNexus

I kinda remember this, though. But it seems like they're retouching the events a little bit and extending each one of them up to an episode's length.
I'm not quite sure, I read both LN and Manga, but a while ago. Anyone who's checked one of them or both is welcome to confirm or correct
Old 2019-05-09, 08:20   Link #87
Huh...?

Quote:
Well the Pope would most likely get killed by the end of next episode with Naofumi ending up weakened and fainting because of the backlash of the skill.

I would guess that,
- Episode 20 would be a transition one, with a lot of stuff happening quite rushed, and by the end the group would probably start moving towards those island area.
- Episode 21 would probably cover Raphtalia going to her destroyed village, and the group reaching the island and Naofumi and co meet L'Arc & Therese.
- Episode 22 would probably be training and random story elements, and at the end getting ready for the Wave there.
- Episode 23 & 24 would cover the Wave battle, along with Glass appearing.
- Episode 25 would be the final transition episode, with Itsuki & Rishia plot, and end with Rishia joining Naofumi's group.

Quote:
But it seems like they're retouching the events a little bit and extending each one of them up to an episode's length.
I'm not quite sure, I read both LN and Manga, but a while ago. Anyone who's checked one of them or both is welcome to confirm or correct
As far as the plot for Episode 18 goes, they retouched the part were Naofumi goes directly to Motoyasu to try to talk (well the part in the anime of Naofumi being a fault for never trying to have a proper talk with the other Heroes wasn't there in the LN or Manga, because he did try to talk to them, but they never actually listened and only blamed him blindly).

In the LN, Naofumi's first plan was to rush past the border, and try to talk to Motoyasu, only if possible.
While in the Manga, Naofumi went near the Border area, and asked the Hero present there to come so he could talk (he didn't know it was Motoyasu there, unlike LN or Anime).

The other retouch they did was, doing the battle with combination of both plots from LN and Manga. Raphtalia didn't attacked Myne in the either LN or Manga (she targeted the others first, and was going to target Myne, before the fight got interrupted). In the LN, inside the cage, other than Motoyasu's group, there were a few other soldiers as well (Manga had it same as Anime).

Also, in the LN the "Judgment" was fired after the Pope appeared. While like in the Anime, the Manga also had the "Judgment" fired before the Pope appeared.

Old 2019-05-09, 13:15   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I concur that the tension before Judgement wasn't very tangible. I think... It's not the fault of the animation or screenwriting, but rather, the sound design. There's a lot of things you can achieve with subtle things... Such as a high pitched ringing.
Old 2019-05-10, 11:44   Link #89
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I concur that the tension before Judgement wasn't very tangible. I think... It's not the fault of the animation or screenwriting, but rather, the sound design. There's a lot of things you can achieve with subtle things... Such as a high pitched ringing.
Yeah, either an extremely high or low pitch sound that's just barely within the audience's range is pretty effective at creating a sense that there's something wrong even if you aren't even sure you really hear anything. But then maybe it was intentional. After all, it was made pretty clear that the attack was so massive and fast that there isn't any warning at all. Without senses on the level of Filo's, you at most see a twinkle in the sky before you're engulfed. Which is pretty intense in itself.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-10, 15:08   Link #90
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know on a completely unrelated note...

I really miss the whole nicknaming thing that Naofumi does. In particular, he even called Myne "Myne" at some point.
Old 2019-05-10, 17:01   Link #91
maximilianjenus
[E]

I miss the " naofumi just travelling on his cart, then randomly hearing a "motoyasu sama!" background sound" thing from the webnovel.

I also noticed some anime only viewers being suspicious of matly being able to use a big varierty of spells; but I wonder if talking more about that woudl spoil Light Novel Readers. If you have only read the light novel and not the light novel, do not read the following spoilers.

To people who have read both the light novel and the webnovel (I have not read the Light Novel)
Spoiler:

I ask this so I can be more careful as I don't feel like spoiling my fellow light novel readers; mostly because they finally stopped spoiling the anime viewers and manga readers.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-11, 12:11   Link #92
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The English version Light Novel goes up to volume 13.

Spoiler for stuff that happens in the volumes leading up to that:
Old 2019-05-15, 15:31   Link #93
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... Did the LN have people standing around talking for 15 minutes? It sure didn't feel like they were wasting as much time.
Old 2019-05-15, 15:43   Link #94
RDNexus

Now I'm getting seriously worried about Vol05's pacing...and pissed and the current pacing. Did they really need to waste a full episode on this?

The confrontations were well placed, and deserved, but overall the episode felt dragged on...
Old 2019-05-15, 15:57   Link #95
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So... Did the LN have people standing around talking for 15 minutes? It sure didn't feel like they were wasting as much time.
Yeah, the episode wasted a lot of time.

Not to mention, they didn't mention the fact that the "Replica Weapon" is actually inferior to the actual "Legendary Weapon", since its just a copy.

Oh, by the way, that last Spell "Cathedral" from the Pope's side seems like a new one, as i don't remember it being in the WN/LN/Manga.
Or is it the same one as "Sanctuary" from WN/LN/Manga.

Old 2019-05-15, 18:53   Link #96
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huh...? View Post
Yeah, the episode wasted a lot of time.

Not to mention, they didn't mention the fact that the "Replica Weapon" is actually inferior to the actual "Legendary Weapon", since its just a copy.

Oh, by the way, that last Spell "Cathedral" from the Pope's side seems like a new one, as i don't remember it being in the WN/LN/Manga.
Or is it the same one as "Sanctuary" from WN/LN/Manga.
Probably the same spell. The name was in Japanese so they had to just choose a name that sounded appropriate.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 19:26   Link #97
Galaxian

The anime's constant attempts to always paint Naofumi in a better light made his initial refusal to team up a lot less petty, and I think the anime is worse off because of that.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-15, 21:11   Link #98
Twi

I think someone put it on Reddit as them taking LN Naofumi and inserting him into Anime Naofumi's place at that point. So yeah, them going mixed might have been detrimental.
Old 2019-05-15, 21:17   Link #99
Ichinotachi

Taking one more episode on this part is such a waste of time honestly, now everything that comes after this is gonna get rushed.
Ichinotachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-05-16, 04:52   Link #100
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I was hopeful at first. We had plenty of time before. At this rate, there’s only 4 episodes left for the island arc. Lets see. 1 for the journey there. 1 for leveling and finding the hourglass. 2 for preparation and final battle. It’ll be a tight squeeze, not impossible but 5 would have been better.

Maybe 4.5 episodes if they do the wrap up of the current arc together with the briefing for the next arc.