AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

Old 2019-02-13, 19:35   Link #21
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Okay. And Raph using Illusion magic too? The manga only had her use a Light Spell from what I remember, but at this point I'm fairly sure it skimmed a lot.
She uses illusion magic too, but way later. They did the same thing with Firo's wind magic, the anime gave it to them much sooner than both in the manga and web novel.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 19:45   Link #22
AC-Phoenix
Detective

They also cut Firo going rampage and wanting to eat Naofumi.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-13, 21:02   Link #23
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
They also cut Firo going rampage and wanting to eat Naofumi.
Not really. Just cut the visual side to break from the problem of him seeing things when the bats' trick was sound only. The way I read it that was supposed to be an illusion or something, so switching it to him hearing that and then feeling something hit him makes a bit more sense.

Switched up Filo's behavior a bit in the cave: she's supposed to have charged in without warning and then when reprimanded protested that the Nue had already noticed them from their sound, indicating she'd picked up on this and jumped in for a preemptive strike and hadn't just given them away or something. Probably changed that since they had Raphtalia go with them rather than leaving her puking by the wagon. Having a monster notice that another monster's heard her is one thing, having a monster and a demi-human both realize at the same time is a little harder to buy.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 04:49   Link #24
RDNexus

That goes along my thought, at the time, that Raphtalia went for the Nue's chest instead of the head, as Filo did. It felt weird to me, and being reminded of how it went in the LN only shows someone wanted to give Raphtalia more screentime. Waifus stuff...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 18:35   Link #25
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

The anime reveals that the Magic Shop Owner is lvl 39 during the cave exploration. I don't think that the WN, LN or manga ever revealed her level at any point. It's interesting because she is right before her class-up. Maybe the battle against the Chimera was enough for her to level-up to 40 but Naofumi didn't notice that, nor the class-up symbol, if that's the case.

Also the "??? level" for the sick grandma, heh.

And of course, unlike the LN and anime, in the manga version Raphtalia was left out vomitting outside the cave to give Filo a chance to shine alone. Considering the illusion-magic in the cave doesn't have much impact without Raphtalia, I think that the mangaka made a bad move there.

I might be confusing things but I think in the LN (and manga) the cave part came before the accessory merchant and the bandits.
Old 2019-02-14, 20:55   Link #26
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
I might be confusing things but I think in the LN (and manga) the cave part came before the accessory merchant and the bandits.
Yep. In the novel and manga, the Magic Shop owner already knew where to get a new crystal and they went to get it right away. The anime switch things around in order to tie the two events together and make a more cohesive episode.
Old 2019-02-20, 14:12   Link #27
RDNexus

Not taking into account this week's episode's quality, I wonder why the need for that original 2nd half of the episode...
Old 2019-02-20, 14:43   Link #28
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I can think of two reasons. One, they wanted to solidify the party members a bit, flesh out the relationship between Raphtalia and Filo so they're not just members of the same person's party, they're comrades themselves. Filo could've used a bit of fleshing out and it's good to occasionally take a break to just examine the relationships between characters and how they develop. That's part of the reason beach and hot spring episodes tend to happen I believe. Another big reason could be that they felt the plant monster wouldn't take a full episode, but the next major spot would require that or more. If this's the case, better to shove a half-ep filler in than to cut off at a bad point or rush an important scene to make it fit in the second half. Timing is important when you've got a specific number of minutes to fill up each week followed by a week-long wait for the next part; you can't just keep going and stop whenever. Just like adventurers sometimes have to stop at a village a few hours earlier than normal to avoid camping in a dangerous place, sometimes animators have to stop the main story early to avoid having to instead stop somewhere bad.
Old 2019-02-20, 15:29   Link #29
RDNexus

Yeah, it seems to be most logical reasoning to it. Thanks.
Old 2019-02-20, 16:57   Link #30
Twi

You know, someone once told me beach/hot springs episodes were done for budgeting issues. This episode had some moments where they were slacking, but I also think they didn't want move into the Dragon thing right from there.
Old 2019-02-20, 18:02   Link #31
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I sort of wonder (or hope) that they're cutting budget here so they can have more to dedicate to other parts. You know, get part A done quick and simple so everyone can devote everything they have to part B.
Old 2019-02-21, 11:31   Link #32
maximilianjenus
[E]

I tought the onsen was a full-on filler, but the manga just did that same episode this week; which is some nice timing; I literally wactehd the episode in the afternoon and downloaded/read that manga chapter in teh night.

I did not like firo showing romantic/mating interest in naofumi, one thing I find really fun about naofumi's harem is how it's mostly composed of other guys' harem members. It woudl be NTR if there were any romantic feelings between naofumi and it's party.

( IIRC; only raftalia and sardina have romantinc feelings for naofumi, oh and atlas).
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-27, 19:23   Link #33
Galaxian

Lot's of small changes for ep8. Particularly, the village freaking out when they discover that Naofumi was the Shield Hero, Naofumi's order to stop triggering Filo's slave mark which is what leads her to get eaten by the dragon and Naofumi's hatred singling Ren out for not disposing of the dragon, which later becomes a plot point.
Old 2019-02-28, 10:50   Link #34
maximilianjenus
[E]

Does filo has a slave mark at all in the anime?
Old 2019-02-28, 11:51   Link #35
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Does filo has a slave mark at all in the anime?
She does. We get a flashback of when it was put on her at the beginning of episode 6.
Old 2019-02-28, 17:28   Link #36
maximilianjenus
[E]

Thanks, I did not heard any complaints about that so I tought they had skipped that scene.
Old 2019-02-28, 19:18   Link #37
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Lot's of small changes for ep8. Particularly, the village freaking out when they discover that Naofumi was the Shield Hero, Naofumi's order to stop triggering Filo's slave mark which is what leads her to get eaten by the dragon and Naofumi's hatred singling Ren out for not disposing of the dragon, which later becomes a plot point.
The anime mentions that other adventurers came to collect pieces of the dragon he didn't collect from it, allowing the village to flourish, whereas the manga mentions that other adventurers died in the process of slaying it with him and the miasma set in afterwards. Though the fact that Naofumi told them to cancel the quest to have someone come deal with it is also a plot point.
Old 2019-03-19, 15:39   Link #38
Twi

Some changes in for Episode 5-6:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-03-27, 15:40   Link #39
Huh...?

In recent Episode 12, upon Melty's question, the King mumbles about how if he would let the Shield and Demi-Human do as they please, he would end up losing family members again.

This part haven't been brought up in the Manga yet, nor did the LN and WN focused on it around this point of the story.

The only time this comes up in the LN/WN is after Alta and Fohl join Naofumi's group and they visit the castle, which happens quite a bit late in the LN (long after the Turtle arc).

This makes me wonder how much the anime adaptation actually plan to cover from the source material, or would we end up getting a Season 2 instead. Because i can't see them introducing Alta and Fohl this early in the story, without them either skipping or rushing a lot of content, or going for Season 2.

By the way, how long is this anime adaptation planned to be?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 22:16   Link #40
SILENTANIMELOVER

25 episodes
SILENTANIMELOVER is online now   Reply With Quote