AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero

Notices

View Poll Results: Tate no Yuusha/Shield Hero - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 1 6.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 6.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 31.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 6.25%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2019-04-27, 19:44   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
Millions of lives are at stake. She cannot afford it. She has fought the waves for centuries. She knows that each wave will get stronger and stronger until finally she wont be able to kill it.

And most probably she already hit her level cap. She cannot improve further. But the 4 heroes are suppose to keep leveling and eventually surpass her and handle the higher leveled waves. If she dont cut her losses now, the new batch of heroes will not have enough time to level and the world is gg.
I suspect the problem here is less with the unspoken logic of what she's getting at if you connect the dots (which I'm sure they'll expand on in the next episode(s)), but more with how the dialog literally played out in the episode. I honestly had the same reaction as Chosen_Hero at first because the dialog itself was incredibly frustrating -- it's done on purpose to create the cliffhanger and prolong the drama.

Both of the parties in the discussion are portrayed as pouting children. Naofumi's argument is basically "well, they started it" despite the fact that he should know objectively that there's a reason this super-powerful centuries-old experienced leader is telling him how it'll be impossible to save the world if the heroes don't work together. And Fitoria understands full-well that Naofumi doesn't actually understand the gravity of the situation, despite her hinting that even her power won't be enough to stop what's coming down the road -- that's way too much weight to just drop on someone in a few minutes and expect them to process it. Rather than further talk it out, she's being a bit of a "drama queen" with her declaration. She's not wrong that if they really can't get their act together they'll need new heroes who can because of how much is at stake, but taking it out on Naofumi himself is also a bit unfair given the many other forces working against him and all the heroes. I imagine she objectively knows that, but is just frustrated because of the weight on her shoulders and perhaps due to time running out.

I'm sure the point is basically to beat it into his thick skull that if he can't even beat her (like he couldn't even scratch the T-Rex), he has no chance when the true enemies come, but yeah... I would have liked if Naofumi could have been a little bit less of his stubborn/pouty self (whether it's his fault or not) and finally start getting over himself for the greater good, and if we didn't have to take this roundabout path to solve the issue.

Basically, I personally felt the problem was less about "where they're going with this" (the additions to the lore help fill out a lot of the context and are very useful) but just about the way it's playing out for now. They both could have handled that conversation a bit better.
Old 2019-04-28, 17:57   Link #42
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

To be fair, both characters are currently knee deep into their character flaws right now.
Old 2019-04-29, 04:05   Link #43
Arya

mmm, well, the conversation seems to be aimed to the audience more than Naofumi. Fitoria cut it to the point. The situation at it stands is a complete mess and nonsensical. It's like the church and the King are sabotaging themselves instead of taking vantage over the other countries. The question is, are they stupid? Or they know something we and Fitoria don't? Or, they think to know? is it "just" the writing?

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Closed Thread