AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Love Live!

Notices

View Poll Results: Love Live! Sunshine - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 4 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 13.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2016-07-19, 02:30   Link #61
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post

If you're talking about a character similar to Ericchi, there's Dia Kurosawa. But unlike Eri Ayase, Dia-sama is a hardcore μ's fan.
Eri Ayase is one of μ's herself, so that hardly even compares. Also, Dia Kurosawa in my opinion is a merger of Nico's Idol Otakuness and sharp tongue, with Eri Ayase's function, early season skepticism and leadership skills. But Eri Ayase's classiness and Nozomi's playfulness is packaged together to give us Mari Ohara. And in turn, Nozomi's motherly traits have been ported over to Kanan.

Essentially, the third years of Aquors are in many ways a reshuffle of the character traits associated the third year of μ's . There is no direct Expy of any of the third year characters between μ's and Aquors, since the Aquors third years are in some ways a synthesis between different third year characters in μ's .
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 06:17   Link #62
novalysis

By the way, who do you guys think might be Aqours rival group, much like the role ARISE played in the first series? I have a theory, that the appearance of Midnight Cats on Ruby's magazine is no accident. Midnight Cats hails from the same region as Aqours, and is the main barrier Aqours has to overcome in the preliminaries.

If Aqours makes it to the final national rounds though, they will likely face a team fielded by Otonokizaka Idol Research Club, consisting of at least Yukiho and Arisa, and depending on how many years have passed since μ's have won the Second Love Live, as much as two-thirds of the former members of μ's . Naturally, the Idol Research Club will be going by another name, even if most magazine (and competitors) will regard the new group as defending champions or at least huge favorites to win.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 06:24   Link #63
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Speaking of Midnight Cats, I wonder if they still exists especially the original duo?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 06:35   Link #64
Raviel

^I forgot where I saw it but if you look at the magazine Ruby is holding in this episode you'll realize the girls on the cover look a a lot like (or possibly are) Midnight Cats.

It's all just a theory at this point but the similarities were a little too striking.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-19, 07:33   Link #65
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, we don't know on whether they changed hairstyles or the Midnight Cats have different people judging from the magazine that Ruby is holding.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-21, 22:21   Link #66
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Wow, Mari was a force in this episode. Not sure how comfortable I'd be about a third year student being also the director because her family is filthy rich and bought her the position....That's a bit nuts.

Rest of the episode was fine though. Nice that the town came together nicely to support this thing. In the end they put on a good performance there and will be able to start this thing up with some good support.

The song itself was good. No strong feelings one way or the other, but it sounded nice . Should be an interesting ride as now they can push forward on assembling the full group.
Old 2016-07-22, 10:52   Link #67
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Wow, Mari was a force in this episode. Not sure how comfortable I'd be about a third year student being also the director because her family is filthy rich and bought her the position....That's a bit nuts.

Rest of the episode was fine though. Nice that the town came together nicely to support this thing. In the end they put on a good performance there and will be able to start this thing up with some good support.

The song itself was good. No strong feelings one way or the other, but it sounded nice . Should be an interesting ride as now they can push forward on assembling the full group.
No more nuts than Honoka's magic powers. Love live (the anime, that is, don't know about other media) has always been rather selective about applying realism to the story. Sunshine is nbeing more open about it in response to Aqours' increased eccentricty compared to Muse.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 11:08   Link #68
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
No more nuts than Honoka's magic powers. Love live (the anime, that is, don't know about other media) has always been rather selective about applying realism to the story. Sunshine is nbeing more open about it in response to Aqours' increased eccentricty compared to Muse.
Nah, I'm pretty sure that is definitely far more nuts than any magical powers Honoka unleashed .

Unless while I wasn't looking Honoka wasn't only leading Muse, but also became the Prime Minister of Japan at the same time...

I suppose credit to the new group not feeling they have to hold themselves back. Can just go full ridiculous.
Old 2016-07-22, 11:34   Link #69
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Nah, I'm pretty sure that is definitely far more nuts than any magical powers Honoka unleashed .

Unless while I wasn't looking Honoka wasn't only leading Muse, but also became the Prime Minister of Japan at the same time...

I suppose credit to the new group not feeling they have to hold themselves back. Can just go full ridiculous.
More than time travel?

Yeah, this group is going all out from the beginning and I love that. And they haven't even properly introduced Yohane yet. That's gonna be a fun episode. But first, gotta get Ruby and Maru. Hopefully with more wall slamming from Chika.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-22, 21:51   Link #70
Pen3

I though future Honoka was just her imagination.. so it was actually her time traveler self?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-23, 03:14   Link #71
Ulin

Don't forget Maki turning into a child...
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 03:33   Link #72
AP24

Anyone noticed that Aqours signature phrase is introduced in this episode? I still like µ's "Music Start!" phrase than Aquors "Sunshine!" phrase.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-24, 03:34   Link #73
zeross87

edit : oups nvm
zeross87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-27, 07:47   Link #74
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Hmm, at least they had a bit more audience than when muse started. And it's a bit of a surprise that a lot of people would have showed up sooner if there was not an announcement error.

Got nervouse when Chika almost broke down. Good thing the power was restored. And lastly, really like their first song and costumes - totally cute.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-29, 12:08   Link #75
kitten320

First half = good
Second half = copy paste AGAIN!

Sigh, I don't think I'll ever see originality here. Every time something new and interesting happens, it gets over shadowed by over cliched rip off.
Old 2016-08-15, 19:42   Link #76
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

English Mari absolutely dominates. She's a powerhouse. I frickin love her.

And the translated dialogue is so good and cleverly changed from the original.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 21:38   Link #77
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
Love Live! Sunshine!! English dub...

Yu Apphia's toned down the raspiness for You, but Jeannie Tirado has inflection trouble with Riko, raising or lowering her pitch at unusual moments. Jamie Marchi sounds like Aina Suzuki's Mari instead of her own Mari, which I'd normally criticize except Mari's eccentricity (even for this franchise) and the language play from her heritage makes every second of her voice epic. And lovely
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-15, 23:06   Link #78
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I like Mari's English dub voice overall, but I'm iffy on her using Spanish (I think?) instead of French. But I'll admit that's for entirely personal reasons - I know more French than Spanish, so I'm much more likely to actually understand Mari speaking random French phrases than I am her speaking random Spanish phrases. Here in this episode, there's a few words Mari speaks that I didn't get at all, and I guess that's probably due to Mari speaking Spanish words I just don't know. That being said, I do love how Mari pronounces "Si!", which is one of the precious few Spanish words I do know. Mari's delivery of it just sounds nicely comical to me.
Old 2016-08-16, 20:45   Link #79
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

"Si" is also italian
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote