AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-04-28, 13:46   Link #81
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
He isn't competent (we just saw that he is literally below everyone else), competent implies that he was able to do and handle anything himself, he didn't, other actually competent candidates did, using his knowledge, he just knows stuff about monster physiology due to his job, it doesn't make him a competent kaiju killer (again, as we saw him get hit once and he is almost dying already), especially since we know he will have to rely on his convenient kaiju powers.

I disagree, Kafka and Naruto are exactly almost the same character in different settings, so far he is just Kaiju Naruto, all he needs to do is just say "dattebayo".
I feel like he came off pretty competent in that scene when he came through in the pistol and started guiding everybody.
Old 2024-04-29, 06:57   Link #82
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Kafka kinda stands out due to his kaiju and age. However, the latest episode felt more like something of a more common series. He is continuing as human. I like the suits they wear but I wished they wore the masks more often. Not only they would look cooler but also easier to animate.

Also... WHAT'S THAT OPENING VIDEO?! I have never seen something so weird since Owarimonogatari. XD
Old 2024-05-01, 02:06   Link #83
Alchemist007
*Author

Am I the only one who likes the OP?

The show so far has been a bit too gag-shouneny, while I would've guessed at edgier a la Owari no Seraph.
Old 2024-05-01, 13:29   Link #84
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Am I the only one who likes the OP?

The show so far has been a bit too gag-shouneny, while I would've guessed at edgier a la Owari no Seraph.
The visuals don't do anything for me but I know some appreciate the lack of spoilers.
Old 2024-05-04, 10:05   Link #85
Frontier

Kafka is still in this! Even if he needs Ichikawa to carry him on his shoulders! But that's a bro Gattai if ever I've seen one. Even Hoshina is willing to pass them on entertainment value alone .

Man, Kikoru is a brutally efficient and speedy Kaiju Killer! She kills so many that Kafka doesn't even get to do anything else! But I guess it runs in the family from her famous father, she was basically born to be a Kaiju killing machine and be perfect to live up to her father .

Of course then the test gets hijacked by a talking, sentient, humanoid Kaiju who revives the dead Kaiju into superpowered versions of themselves...and the threat level they're dealing with escalates immediately .

Kikoru has everything, skills, money, looks, and prestige, but she's never had what other kids have...parental affection. With a curt and harsh father voiced by Tessho Genda who always pushed her to be perfect and excel without any care for her own feelings, she's lived her life trying so hard to be perfect and live up to the family legacy (and her late mothers' memory) that she's crushed when she can't and lands a fight she can't win. But that's why we have others in our lives who can be there to pick us back up .

And just in the knick of time arrives Kafka, to save Kikoru as...Kaiju No. 8! What a surreal sight to see a Kaiju as a hero and then groveling in front of you to make you keep his secret !

Wow, Kaiju No. 8 is strong even by Kaiju standards! Yet another Kaiju he defeats in a single punch !

Kafka is nursing his wounds, but at least Mina showed up to see him and give him credit for rescuing Kikoru. They can't talk like they used to, but at least it's a start .

Say what you will about Kikoru, she protected Kafka's identity !

Holy crud, the humanoid Kaiju has assumed a human form!? It's voiced by Tomokazu Sugita!? And he's on Kakfa and Ichikawa's clean-up crew !?
Old 2024-05-04, 10:56   Link #86
Lex79

This was definitely much more in line with what I was hoping for. Nice episode.
Old 2024-05-04, 12:06   Link #87
HandofFate

Good episode, increase in stakes. Punch Windup looked great. Kikoru got knocked around a bit, and we see her piece of crap father backstory.

And find out bad kaiju is part of the disposal unit as well...dundundun
Old 2024-05-04, 12:52   Link #88
Tenzen12

Puppy eye Kafka-kaiju is one of most hilarious sights this season!
Old 2024-05-04, 16:51   Link #89
grecefar

there was no way the test would end without the main character looking cool and saving the girl, but with kafka you get some humor too.

it seems that the suit didn't pick up him transforming into kaiju, the system only picked up that there was another powerful kaiju there but nothing that pointed at him. Kakfa was smart too or lucky that there weren't any cameras there and the only one didn't saw him.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-04, 18:55   Link #90
Gerard07

Seeing the chapter, Kikoru won the test, but ended up being defeated by the revived Kaiju and saved by Kafka, and the latter saw Mina again (he felt somewhat uncomfortable, she will always be cold to him?), and Kikoru stayed with the credit of killing the Kaiju (although he does it to protect the protagonist) to wait for the next chapter!
Questions;
-Why didn't Kafka's wounds (his broken leg) heal if he transformed into a kaiju?, does he not have regeneration or something?.
-Is there a theme for the manga of this series?.
Gerard07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-04, 19:13   Link #91
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Certainly solid enough way to establish Kikoru as sympathetic. Nothing like a douche of a father that can't manage to provide positive reinforcement to a kid. I don't even care if his wife died in an utter tragedy. He's the only living parent she's got and effectively she doesn't have one. Actually worse than them both being dead since he's alive to provide a negative example. And would have gotten her killed through his guidance. His military leadership probably has saved a good amount of lives. Too bad it would have sent his kid home in a body bag.

Good save by Kafka. Certainly helps build onto what was turning into a decent bond between him and Kikoru last episode. And it shows her gratitude that she's at least going to try and cover for him. It'd be far too risky to say that Kaiju No. 8 showed up and happened to blow away that enemy. It's an iffy move since she obviously didn't do it. But it's not like she's doing it for glory hogging. Likely just her way of showing gratitude and following up on Kafka's wish for her to keep things quiet about him.

I get a third party was there...but I do wish Mina would have had a sit down with Kafka. I get he hasn't been able to fulfill his side of their promise, but it's not due to a lack of willpower. Even if he makes it through the testing they'll just have a rank gap between them that could also keep them from chatting freely. Now was a good opportunity.

Regardless that new Kaiju is scary as hell. Kikoru is obviously still relatively inexperienced, but she still got absolutely shredded. Almost anyone else would have died from the first hit. Though her own tenacity was her undoing. If she played dead he probably wouldn't have noticed and just left. Still a bad situation, but the close save might not have been quite so close.

That thing being able to mimic humans is worrying. Of course you could say that Kafka has the same ability...Between Kafka and this thing it could mean a clear trend from the kaiju to try and impersonate humans. Which would make them even harder to handle.
Old 2024-05-05, 23:54   Link #92
Alchemist007
*Author

I figured the events of this episode would happen, but much later after the MC tries to hide his power for more eps...

The new kaiju guy didn't know how to use a phone, wondering if it's an actual kaiju skinwalking as a human and not just a bad-guy equivalent of the MC.

The annoying girl seems like she could do a flip of her personality, which in and of itself would be pretty annoying after the egotistical lunatic front she's put on so far.