AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2021-11-22, 16:55   Link #61
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Seriously, why, after Cosmos, Ultras aiming older audiences have to be specifically edgy like Nexus, Zero and Dark Trigger.
Tiga is fairly good with how adult act like adult there, then Dyna where suddenly its close to seinen territory with Shin resolve to never give up tested multiple times, even Gaia protecting earth theme is very relevant to current climate change issue. I wonder why they didn't want to approach that kind of writing anymore, 25 episode is enough if they willing to focus and ignore need to introduce guest Ultras (LOL).
I like Nexus very much and I don't consider it to be edgy. The message of the show is very typical. Believe in the light and never give up. Nexus is trying to tell a good, and long story back from the movie "Ultraman Next". But unfortunately, kids don't like it....either it was due to the boring battle background (it was needed in the show but it was also trying to save $ I assume XD), or it was because Nexus got beaten up so often early in the show (which I think Z and Trigger have corrected it. Z and to a larger degree, trigger, are more continuous and don't have many stand alone episode like, Tiga. But both Z and trigger make sure to let the ultraman use the finisher in every single episode, something that Nexus didn't do, and that might be the downfall )
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-23, 05:38   Link #62
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Thanks to this brand new Tiga review, I now remember that Daigo's son, Tsubasa, also became Tiga in a special episode.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I'm also surprised that there's a reference of Stephen King's The Mist in the show. It reminds me of Kamen Rider Kuuga that paid homage to the horror movie Black Christmas in the very first episode with the 1st person POV climbing the window (which turned out to be Godai instead of a killer).
Old 2021-12-13, 20:39   Link #63
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Images

Confirmed.

Following Trigger: Next Generation Tiga series, the next is Decker, which leaks implied to be under Next Generation Dyna title.
No doubt Gaia will get same treatment, not sure about Cosmos as Cosmos not considered part of "trio" despite themed being continuation of Gaia.

At least for Decker, Dyna actor available so you can expect actual cameo after absent of Daigo in Trigger.
Old 2021-12-14, 00:15   Link #64
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'm actually fucking grateful that Daigo never appeared in Trigger. The less Trigger contaminate Tiga the better.

Not the biggest fan of Dyna, so they can do whatever with him. But I'm dreading the moment they get their hands on Gaia and its OG cast.

Also, I'm always amused at the lame names they came up for these reboots. Trigger? Decker? What will Gaia reboot's title be? Giger? Lame Ultraman name is lame. It's "Ultraman Nice"-level of lame.
Old 2021-12-14, 00:21   Link #65
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Whats up with this reiwa new generations shctick?

Can Tsuburaya can just buy my idea Ultraman battle royale that much better. You know Ultraman kill another Ultraman oh wait they cant do that because fandom going to cry.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-14, 08:59   Link #66
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The naming convention seems to be around their transformation device with starting letter resembles their OG.
Through leaks Decker is hinted to use cards similar to Kamen Rider Blade or Kamen Rider Decade; Trigger use a gun to transform, as reminder.
If the pattern hold true it means the new Gaia will use a gimmick device starting with G (and likely ended with "Er"). With how they came up with Decker to tell its a card user, better keep your expectation low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluc View Post
Whats up with this reiwa new generations shctick?

Can Tsuburaya can just buy my idea Ultraman battle royale that much better. You know Ultraman kill another Ultraman oh wait they cant do that because fandom going to cry.
Well, after success that is Ultraman Zero (who during his airing time able to score high as Japanese audiences favorite Ultra, second only to Tiga who is #1 favorite), consider them thinking they finally get the grasp of Ultraman winning formula. My problem just that IMO it won't work on long run if the Reiwa protagonist and crew standard is like Trigger;

You can't expect idea of Basco and Uesaka Sumire carry will do for every Ultras.

Old 2021-12-14, 17:55   Link #67
justavisitor

I am probably the only one thinking Trigger is not that bad... I mean it's a very typical new generation show since X...they have been adding more and more stuff into it...but hasn't really broken the mold yet

Daigo can't appear in tiga because he is too expensive. And I heard the Dyna's actor said something that did not please the fan in China (no idea what it is) and let's see if Tsuburaya has the courage to get Dyna's actor back
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2022-03-21, 09:38   Link #68
B214

So just done watching Ultraman Trigger Episode Z. I guess it's a good closing story for Kengo.
P.S. Decker is literally Dyna 2.0 like how Trigger is Tiga 2.0, so i guess we're getting the Heisei Trilogy as the Reiwa Trilogy now.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-03-21, 10:33   Link #69
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Ugh. F*** Trigger.

I'd rather watch this new review of Ultraman Gaia to remind me that there was a time when Ultraman show was so great that it inspired Gundam SEED's music & brooding rival-Riders in Heisei Kamen Rider.

YouTube
Old 2022-04-18, 04:33   Link #70
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Trailer for Shin looks dope:

YouTube
Old 2022-05-13, 21:34   Link #71
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

From early reaction, looks like Shin Ultraman is a homerun for fans:

YouTube

But not sure if general audience will love it as much as Shin Godzilla.
Old 2022-05-13, 23:28   Link #72
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Saw several comment on JP talk that Shin Ultraman is like a 'raw' version of new Evangelion (1.0 to Thrice).
Majority agreed it kinda not fitting a stand-alone movie, would be better if it served as first part of trilogy for proper delivery.
Old 2022-05-17, 16:38   Link #73
mangachocolate

I actually got the Shin Ultraman design works in the mail the other day. I'm reading through the script and learned that there's gonna be a Shin Ultraseven in the works one day
mangachocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-05, 10:00   Link #74
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

This is an official MV IIRC but it also contains some spoilers of scenes not seen in the trailer, so fair warning.

YouTube

Also, comparison between Shin Ultraman & Ultra Q (Spoilers):
YouTube

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2022-06-08 at 19:39.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-06-16, 05:38   Link #75
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube

Okay, I'll be cautiously optimistic and ignore all the merchandising poses & shouts, but you still need to meet me halfway through with good writing & characters, Decker.
Old 2022-06-20, 08:56   Link #76
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

YouTube

Nice OP but I'll keep my expectation low.
After Trigger going fan-fiction of the dark giants, I won't expect Decker deliver same story as Dyna.

Old 2022-06-20, 14:59   Link #77
Frontier

I like the style and tone they're showing so far.
Old 2022-06-20, 16:17   Link #78
justavisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I like the style and tone they're showing so far.
I agree, everyone seems more normal. No more of that useless alien, goofy muscle man, and creepy + useless remoted jet fighter pilot

I thought the enemy in Decker also appears in Dyna..I know it's a tribute to Dyna, but they are really going to do a straight copy ?

And from the preview, they finally have TWO fighting jets!! Wow, they finally know that one is not enough....

Finally, can they have a romance plot this time? It's already a crime they didn't do that in Trigger. One of the bright spot was a little bit of romance element back in Tiga and Dyna. If you are going to pay tribute, is it asking too much to include a romance subplot also??
Old 2022-06-20, 21:01   Link #79
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I thought the enemy in Decker also appears in Dyna..I know it's a tribute to Dyna, but they are really going to do a straight copy ?

Finally, can they have a romance plot this time? It's already a crime they didn't do that in Trigger. One of the bright spot was a little bit of romance element back in Tiga and Dyna. If you are going to pay tribute, is it asking too much to include a romance subplot also??
As far OP shows, with minor tweaks (better detail, CG), yes.
Assuming the enemies will be same then enemies that getting overhaul would be: Fake Dyna, the one that gathered combat data and the one that capable of absorbing energy; as they could be written with tie-in to Trigger to made things more fitting to Trigger events, being homage to Dyna's final enemy that is artificial Ultraman based on Tiga and Dyna data.

Asking romance seems too much, Trigger already tried to separate children and adult audience with Kengo and Ignis instead of one protagonist tied to everything.
Then again, looking at OP, Decker host seems to be lot less serious compare to Shin, so he might be able to getting some romance sub-plot.

Old 2022-06-21, 20:01   Link #80
justavisitor

I don't know why they reject the idea of any romance. Tiga, Dyna were kids shows and they had romance. Sure, time has changed, but Kamen rider and super sentai sometimes had romance too (like kamen rider drive XD), and they are the direct competitors of ultraman

Tags
tokusatsu, ultraman