AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2015-01-12, 00:59   Link #61
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Woohoo! MCU (and Marvel TV) gets its own thread!

I'm quite a fan of the MCU movies.
Old 2015-01-12, 15:33   Link #62
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
SHIELD was okay until after the Thor 2 mini-crossover. After that, it started firing on all cylinders and was REALLY good.
Yeah, I thought that Agents of SHIELD was merely OK and was mostly carried by the quality of the actors right up to the Thor 2 crossover. Then it got bloody fantastic and everything paid off.

Agent Carter I'm not feeling it yet. Maybe I'll enjoy it more in a couple of episodes.
Old 2015-01-12, 16:34   Link #63
james0246

Conversely it seems, I'm loving Agent Carter and it's superficial yet endlessly satisfying feminism (it even gets to the point were it is a little indulgent in it's feminist underpinnings, which how many shows could that ever be said about ? ). Doing away with all the problems of early/most of Agents of SHIELD, Carter jumps right into the action and character drama from the get go. Intricately paced, wonderfully plotted, and with some damn fine acting/chemistry from Atwell and D'Arcy, Carter has thoroughly reinvigorated the somewhat flagging MCU television universe. The second episode alone, with its staging of action sequences (particularly the stylish take down of a perp inter-cut with the radio broadcast of a horrendously silly Captain America serialized pulp dramas), powerful thematic elements and engrossing story, is heads and tails above all but a few episodes of SHIELD.

The producers and the Studio really learned from their mistakes with Agents of SHIELD.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 21:05   Link #64
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Avengers 2 releases in April? I just saw a trailer for Avengers 2 (it said UK trailer on youtube), and it said the release is in April, not May.

Here is the video.

Old 2015-01-12, 21:31   Link #65
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Pretty sure in Europe/UK it's releasing in April.

But that was an awesome teaser.

Spoiler:
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-12, 21:45   Link #66
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Why aren't they doing a worldwide release on the same day? Why choose UK/Europe over U.S. getting the movie first? Isn't U.S. their prime audience?
Old 2015-01-12, 22:26   Link #67
GDB

They like the screw over the US. China gets Marvel movies (both Marvel studio and fox/sony/etc) like a month early, Europe gets them like two weeks early, and the US has to just hope they don't get spoiled. It's been like this for at least the past few years. I remember it as far back as at least Thor 2.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-13, 01:35   Link #68
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Everybody keeps saying the staff made a mistake with the early part of SHIELD. I say the way they handled it was entirely intentional. Admit it, it was a real bombshell to see SHIELD fall apart like that before even the first season was over, and the way they made everything seem normal before it compounded the impact of the revelation. Everybody says it was only firing on all cylinders after the Thor 2 crossover, but I say it was all an elaborate plan; start off the series like it's an "average" spy agency show and lure them into that thought. Then comes the turn with CA 2 and everything takes off, effectively making the series even better than if they had started off with the bombshell.
Old 2015-01-13, 09:45   Link #69
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Everybody keeps saying the staff made a mistake with the early part of SHIELD. I say the way they handled it was entirely intentional. Admit it, it was a real bombshell to see SHIELD fall apart like that before even the first season was over, and the way they made everything seem normal before it compounded the impact of the revelation. Everybody says it was only firing on all cylinders after the Thor 2 crossover, but I say it was all an elaborate plan; start off the series like it's an "average" spy agency show and lure them into that thought. Then comes the turn with CA 2 and everything takes off, effectively making the series even better than if they had started off with the bombshell.
Well of course it was intentional, but it was also uninteresting and mostly unappealing which is never a good strategy for getting return viewers. There were maybe 3 episodes in the first 15 that were any good (and no, I never thought there was an uptick in quality after Thor 2 was released), otherwise the series was fairly banal and lacking in any interesting characters or development. It was either episodes that set-up the eventual reveal found in Captain America 2 or episodes that seemed to merely stagnate in place offering little (and there were far more of the later rather than the former). Sadly, the staff made the mistake of letting the film universe dictate the television universe. Thankfully, season two has course corrected itself, and has even gotten to the point were it seems to be potentially influencing the movie universe (or at least adequately establishing framework for the movie universe).
Old 2015-01-13, 11:40   Link #70
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
We'll have to agree to disagree on most of that.
Old 2015-01-13, 22:11   Link #71
GDB

I feel like we're supposed to care about the ending of Agent Carter this week... but I'm not sure why.
Old 2015-01-15, 06:49   Link #72
monster

Quote:
I feel like we're supposed to care about the ending of Agent Carter this week... but I'm not sure why.
Are you saying you don't care about it or are you saying you feel there is more to it but you don't quite understand it?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-15, 09:15   Link #73
GDB

Don't care. The characters were acting like we were supposed to care, but they never really gave us a reason to.
Old 2015-01-24, 21:03   Link #74
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well after burning through Agents of Shield, I'm curious to see where the show went on. Think I got half way or a little less than that through season 1 before dropping it for a while. So this was a fun chance to run through a lot of episodes to see the good and the bad for the story.

Will say Shield has an interesting policy on killing people. Sometimes it works great and other times it just seems like a waste since some of the characters killed off never really got a chance to really stand out.

Not too bad of a show and was kind of fun to see Shield fall apart there because of Cap2.
Old 2015-01-27, 11:38   Link #75
james0246

Quote:
Don't care. The characters were acting like we were supposed to care, but they never really gave us a reason to.
Fat douchey misogynist dude was very much stuffed in the fridge just to better the stories of those around him.

Sadly, we weren't really supposed to care about the douche that dies so much as how his death affected his boss Eli and "friend" Tristan (sorry, I don't remember Shea Whigham or Chad Michael Murray's characters names, so I am just using the names I best remember them by), and the contrast of Carter's mood and feelings concerning the death of the douche versus the death of her roommate in the fist episode. There's also a call back of sorts to WWII in how these people accept and revile death. No one liked the fat douchey character, but damn it if he wasn't their fat douche.

Whatever the case, new episode tonight, and I guess Dominic Cooper is coming back as Howard Stark.
Old 2015-02-02, 13:07   Link #76
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Conversely it seems, I'm loving Agent Carter and it's superficial yet endlessly satisfying feminism (it even gets to the point were it is a little indulgent in it's feminist underpinnings, which how many shows could that ever be said about ? ). Doing away with all the problems of early/most of Agents of SHIELD, Carter jumps right into the action and character drama from the get go. Intricately paced, wonderfully plotted, and with some damn fine acting/chemistry from Atwell and D'Arcy, Carter has thoroughly reinvigorated the somewhat flagging MCU television universe. The second episode alone, with its staging of action sequences (particularly the stylish take down of a perp inter-cut with the radio broadcast of a horrendously silly Captain America serialized pulp dramas), powerful thematic elements and engrossing story, is heads and tails above all but a few episodes of SHIELD.

The producers and the Studio really learned from their mistakes with Agents of SHIELD.
If it's not "That" feminism then I'll watch it once my job doesn't want me to work during the hours these freakin shows are on... Tired of these noobs at my work -_-
Old 2015-02-10, 00:08   Link #77
Galaxian

Apparently, Sony is allowing Marvel to add Spider-man to their cinematic universe and (while Sony is still in control) they will be cooperating on a new Spider-man film.

Source
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 02:25   Link #78
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^Great.
I hope they keep Andrew Garfield as Spider-man in MCU.
Old 2015-02-10, 03:02   Link #79
monster

Apparently, the rumor is that it will be a new actor since it's a "new Spider-Man."
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-10, 03:31   Link #80
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

And now FOX needs to get their stick removed from their anus.

*sigh* That'll happen. /sarcasm

Tags
marvel cinematic universe