AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2024-05-05, 17:25   Link #401
Dextro
He Without a Title

I think you, BWTraveler, just put it far better than I ever could. All I can add is that this was a beautiful episode. This kind of human drama, the pain that Rudeus still harbours for his past life. This is part of what makes this show so special and this episode was wonderful in showing it.
Old 2024-05-05, 17:28   Link #402
grecefar

I kind of feel empty with how it was resolved since it was a problem that really hit home for him, he was pretty honest at the end telling norm that he didn't know what to do. In the end it just like he said, norm figure it out herself and that was something he couldn't do in his past life. Still I think his situation was way worse than norm's, one thing is having a complex and people just being kind but mention your famous brother and other is being bullied merciless and be crucify naked to everyone to see.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-05, 17:35   Link #403
Dextro
He Without a Title

Meanwhile, in case you folks haven't noticed, we got next week's episode title now: Turning Point 3. I don't think I'm ready yet
Old 2024-05-05, 17:47   Link #404
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was the best episode in forever. Wonderful development for both Norn and Rudeus. Now they can start over as real siblings and the future is looking bright for Rudeus... but here comes Turning Point 3
Old 2024-05-05, 23:36   Link #405
Frontier

To be honest I could have done with 2-3 more episodes of the family settling into being a family and getting along before Turning Point hit...especially to see Norn grow and maybe mend fences with Aisha...
Old 2024-05-06, 00:34   Link #406
magnuskn

While this episode was really good, I am more than ready for the show to get into more adventurous areas again... it had been dragging on a bit. There's plenty of time for more character development with Aisha and Norn in coming seasons (since the plan is to adapt all light novels, IIRC), for those coming seasons to be made, we need some action as well.
Old 2024-05-06, 06:29   Link #407
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Wow. This latest episode was good. Kinda reminded me to when Rudeus embraced Paul in season 1.
Old 2024-05-06, 20:42   Link #408
larethian

Rare for an isekai to touch on issues from past life, superimpose them in the new life the way it's done here, and able to give it some degree of sensible closure in the new life.

Tbh, a decade ago, when I started reading the WN, I didn't really like the initial parts, especially Rudy as a kid. I stopped the series for a while, then came back to it a year or two later, finished it and appreciated the fact that the author didn't develop the story haphazardly and nonsensically like many narou authors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
While this episode was really good, I am more than ready for the show to get into more adventurous areas again... it had been dragging on a bit. There's plenty of time for more character development with Aisha and Norn in coming seasons (since the plan is to adapt all light novels, IIRC), for those coming seasons to be made, we need some action as well.
If my memories serve me right, we'll be getting that and more epic stuff on the horizon.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-06, 21:00   Link #409
HandofFate

adult Rudy becoming a family man, and looking after his sisters looks so mature.
I think this is the first anime adaptation where we actually follow a character from birth to adolescences to adulthood with this much detail and events.
Old 2024-05-07, 06:23   Link #410
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
adult Rudy becoming a family man, and looking after his sisters looks so mature.
I think this is the first anime adaptation where we actually follow a character from birth to adolescences to adulthood with this much detail and events.
I wish more anime/manga did that. That's part of what makes Dragon Ball so special for me, we follow Goku from childhood until grandfather-hood. Granted, his life wasn't as detailed as here.
Old 2024-05-07, 06:47   Link #411
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I remember the producer said they wanted Rudeus' growth to be subtle and easy to hide. I think he was 13 in the second cour of season 1, 15 in the Depressed Mage arc that started season 2 and now 16. If you check the light novel covers you will notice Rudeus is gonna grow up far more. Not sure about voice acting though, Rudeus' young person also happened to have voiced Aqua from Oshi no Ko but was replaced by another actor when Aqua became a teenager.
Old 2024-05-07, 12:01   Link #412
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
I remember the producer said they wanted Rudeus' growth to be subtle and easy to hide. I think he was 13 in the second cour of season 1, 15 in the Depressed Mage arc that started season 2 and now 16. If you check the light novel covers you will notice Rudeus is gonna grow up far more. Not sure about voice acting though, Rudeus' young person also happened to have voiced Aqua from Oshi no Ko but was replaced by another actor when Aqua became a teenager.
Concerning his age, how old was he when Norn was born? As I said, you have to be 12 to enter the school, so that should make his age pretty clear.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-07, 16:16   Link #413
GDB

Just checked the wiki's timeline, and it has this for the years (so months aren't taken into account):

Spoiler:

So based on this, you don't have to be 12+ to enter the school. Also means currently Rudy is only like, 14, and Norn/Aisha are 9 or 10.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 04:03   Link #414
scififan

Studio Bind is said to be created for producing Mushoku Tensei. If it is true, the life journey of Rudeus could take decades to complete.

Some forum made a big deal about Norn rubbing her stomach. Even "butterfly in the stomach" is common saying in English, they made dark explanation. I thought their reaction was paranoid. "Butterfly in the stomach" could be the result of social anxiety or falling in love. The equivalent of falling in love in Japanese would be chest tightening(胸キュン). So, they are not quite wrong, even it still seens like exaggeration. There is possibility that Norn rubbing her stomach due to physical factor rather than psychological factor.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 06:44   Link #415
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

This is basically how he looks in the two seasons but with artwork from the light novel.
Old 2024-05-08, 18:18   Link #416
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
Studio Bind is said to be created for producing Mushoku Tensei. If it is true, the life journey of Rudeus could take decades to complete.

Some forum made a big deal about Norn rubbing her stomach. Even "butterfly in the stomach" is common saying in English, they made dark explanation. I thought their reaction was paranoid. "Butterfly in the stomach" could be the result of social anxiety or falling in love. The equivalent of falling in love in Japanese would be chest tightening(胸キュン). So, they are not quite wrong, even it still seens like exaggeration. There is possibility that Norn rubbing her stomach due to physical factor rather than psychological factor.
I assumed she was getting an anxiety-induced muscle ache. A rather realistic depiction of anxiety and psychological stress, even down to the specific location in the ribs. I did not view it with any reason deeper than that, and thought it was a nice detail of illustrative narrative.

I doubt she was getting an ulcer at her age, but they may have been going for stomachache. Same cause either way. Prolonged stress. Certainly nothing more severe than that.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-08, 18:23   Link #417
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post

Is this about when she was having her panic attack in the flashback? If so, that was more likely her about to vomit or the onset of an ulcer. Otherwise I'm not sure which scene you're talking about.
Old 2024-05-08, 22:35   Link #418
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Is this about when she was having her panic attack in the flashback? If so, that was more likely her about to vomit or the onset of an ulcer. Otherwise I'm not sure which scene you're talking about.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-05-09, 04:01   Link #419
GDB

Yeah, she's stressed and it's causing stomach pain. Anyone who doesn't know that is blessed to have never been stressed enough to go through it.
Old 2024-05-10, 04:36   Link #420
Huh...?

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, isekai