AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-16, 04:08   Link #1
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
.hack/GU / .hack/roots

okay, hack/roots has just started its airing 2 weeks ago
and i decided to seek out the hack manga series, i stumbled upon Hack/GU,
finding out that GU is actually the manga version of ROOTS

now i had some questions, since ive only been able to read to first 2 chapters of the GU series, i havent seen the other HACK series, i am getting my hands on them so i an finally watch them completely

but there was one thing that caught my eye, that legendary PKer Tri-Egde he looks a lot alike to that main character of another Hack series : Hack/legend of the twillight, does anyone know if there is a connection between those 2 characters?

and in chapter 2 they spoke of something called 'Epitaph', can someone explain what that is?

and if this manga sries is licensed?
Old 2006-04-19, 00:24   Link #2
Number41

Ok, here's what I'd suggest:

In order to fully appreciate .hack, you must watch it according to it's chronological sequence:
.hack//sign
.hack//Legend of twilight bracelets.
In between those, there's a great many graphic novels, but mainly the ps2 games.

It's not known whether they have any connection between then, that'll probably be revealed in the GU games. The connection is mainly implied, if you consider their look, though nothing's been confirmed. The G.U. anime series reveal what happened before the G.U. games.

The epitaph is probably a reference to something known as the "Epitaph of twilight", or TasogarenoHibun... You get to know more about it in the games. If you don't me me spoiling it, I can explain to you what it is.

I'd also like to humbly beg you to share with me those scans, I'm just dying to read them and I can't find them anywhere.
Old 2006-11-04, 19:00   Link #3
deaconfry
haseo the pk

Send a message via MSN to deaconfry
there is a connection between them he is the one in the other series just he turned evil his name was kite its realy easy to figure out all i did was went to a website that was all about .hack/GU and it told me how he turned into tri edge i just baught the game and it was awsome if you need more info about tri edge get the game i learnt way more than it told me on the computer

Last edited by deaconfry; 2006-11-05 at 14:52.
Old 2007-04-27, 17:35   Link #4
haraku
animeluver4ever!

Send a message via AIM to haraku
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
but there was one thing that caught my eye, that legendary PKer Tri-Egde he looks a lot alike to that main character of another Hack series : Hack/legend of the twillight, does anyone know if there is a connection between those 2 characters?
well, the PK (player killer) tri-edge is the infected kite.

and by the way, you should totally get the game.
Closed Thread