AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 12:35   Link #41
immblueversion

Well, it seems the "Zeira is Mavis' imaginary friend" theory has been officially put to the test. Does Yuri look like he can see her? I don't think he can... Seems like he's just humoring Mavis. Or maybe Zeira is real and only Mavis can see her, just like how Fairy Tail members can only see Mavis.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2014-09-13 at 12:57.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 13:05   Link #42
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
So, Zeira has stepped out before Yuri. But... do you think he can really see her?
I'm rather of doubtful. His reactions pretty much scream "Mavis is talking to thin air", and there's no reason for Yuri to ask Zeira's age when she obviously about the same age as Mavis, unless he's trying to get a bead on the age of Mavis' imaginary friend so he can react appropriately.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 13:44   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion
Well, it seems the "Zeira is Mavis' imaginary friend" theory has been officially put to the test. Does Yuri look like he can see her? I don't think he can... Seems like he's just humoring Mavis.
Ya, His expressions and mannerism tell you he's feeling very awkward right now. Yuri seems a bit too weirded out by Zeira... and one good reason for that is if thought Mavis was talking to thin air.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-09-13 at 13:55.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 13:52   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Yea, I also subscribe to the "Zeira is Mavis' imaginary friend" theory, I always found it incredibly weird that Mashima did a fake-out with her death in chapters 1 and 2, it was just odd seeing her alive and well like nothing the next chapter. With Yuri's reactions this chapter...yea, totally subscribed to the theory.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:22   Link #45
MCAL

Actually I was wondering if Mavis being the only one to see Zeira is related to how only Fairy Tail members can see her.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 19:50   Link #46
Wandering Soul

Yuri's reactions are providing more hints that the Zeira isn't really there theory is true. He is visibly freaked out when Mavis starts to talk about Zeira and doesn't even seem to question where she was.
Old 2014-09-13, 20:43   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
It certainly seems like either Zeira is just in Mavis's imagination or she is some kind of ghost. The fact that Mavis ended up like that herself in the future would lend some credence to the belief that Zeira is there in some sense. Although she isn't there in the present day so...maybe she is just imaginary?

At the very least this chapter made clear that Zeira is not physically there. Whether she has substance or not is a question for another day.

Props to Yuri I guess for managing to keep a reasonably calm expression there. Though does make me wonder about his relationship with Mavis in the future and what will happen to him (you know aside from being the father of the third master of the guild ).
Old 2014-09-14, 02:27   Link #48
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, that was a mysterious chapter...so the tenrou jade has been missing for quite some time and now Mavis and Zeira set out with Yuri's gang to go get it. I feel bad for him, beaten by a kid in a game he's been playing forever
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 05:16   Link #49
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

That's because Mavis is a boss.
And yes, Yuri believes that 'Zeira' is Mavis's 'imaginary friend' but in reality, Zeria is still there (somewhat), he just can't see her. Which is pretty much the entire concept of an 'imaginary friend' in a nutshell, but hey...

Damn it Mashima... you're gonna rip out our feels in the near future, aren't you... You already know that Mavis crying for real induces RROD in most of us...why would you do this??!
Old 2014-09-14, 05:19   Link #50
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
That's because Mavis is a boss.
And yes, Yuri believes that 'Zeira' is Mavis's 'imaginary friend' but in reality, Zeria is still there (somewhat), he just can't see her. Which is pretty much the entire concept of an 'imaginary friend' in a nutshell, but hey...

Damn it Mashima... you're gonna rip out our feels in the near future, aren't you... You already know that Mavis crying for real induces RROD in most of us...why would you do this??!
Because he can.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 11:44   Link #51
chaosprophet

On the theory that Zeira is Mavis imaginary friend, looking at their interactions I'm also wondering if she is the representation of Mavis own shy side. So a scene like Mavis convincing Zeira they should go outside the island would be Mavis convincing herself.
Old 2014-09-14, 12:25   Link #52
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This >>>>>>> main FT manga. I'm so going to love this.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 15:10   Link #53
Simonsy

Well no longer and doubt as to her being an imaginary friend. Last chapter it was nice and subtle, this chapter you would have to be a little kid reader to not pick up the signs that she is imaginary.

Kind of wished she was alive, but oh well.
Simonsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 15:42   Link #54
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She may still be a ghost, much like Mavis in present time...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 21:42   Link #55
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
She may still be a ghost, much like Mavis in present time...
I'm expecting that she is a ghost. She probably isn't imaginary... It seems too familiar to the present to not be that. I also wonder if the Tenrou Jade has anything to do with the ghost status... or maybe not...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 20:08   Link #56
Ggb81
Exemplary Character

Does anyone know why there's no chapter so far this month? Was the manga delayed or what? Just curious.
Ggb81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 00:17   Link #57
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggb81 View Post
Does anyone know why there's no chapter so far this month? Was the manga delayed or what? Just curious.
No, the magazine is out, and there are a few spoilers floating around. Scanlations are simply delayed for some unknown reason.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-22, 18:18   Link #58
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Aaaand there we have it, Mavis confirmed as best mage ever, expect nothing less from the founder of FT

And with the appearance of Zeref there, I think there is now a good chance of Mavis showing up in the main series for real.
Can't have a side story out doing your main series, so how do you change that bring the best part of the side story over to the main one

Mavis <3
Old 2014-10-22, 20:17   Link #59
Slayerx

Spoiler:
Old 2014-10-22, 21:53   Link #60
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
on another note, Zeira... Precht said "brats" and he doesn't seem to be the type to play along which would seem to indicate that he knows Zeira is there. Though i still think something's up with her like she's an illusion created by Mavis to keep herself company... I'd also think that Yury can tell she's an illusion, again from his bahavior in the previous chapter
Unless the raw verifies it, it could just be another Mangastream translation error. That, or Zeira really is an illusion.

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote