AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-08-02, 22:17   Link #2081
iceaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahou View Post
oh.. I thought most of them were done and that the only ones that needed editing were the newer ones
editing is something that never ends. If you are new to reading it you'll find something that doesn't sit well with you that other editors not care. And every editor edits differently.

For example, I don't change names or sentence structure. I only fix spelling, grammar, and missing words. I leave the rest to other editors. If there's anything I edit wrongly, I rely on other editors to fix my mistakes too.

Tl;dr yes all chapters can use editing

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 22:25   Link #2082
Ahou
Worshipper of 3 Goddesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceaco View Post
editing is something that never ends. If you are new to reading it you'll find something that doesn't sit well with you that other editors not care. And every editor edits differently.

For example, I don't change names or sentence structure. I only fix spelling, grammar, and missing words. I leave the rest to other editors. If there's anything I edit wrongly, I rely on other editors to fix my mistakes too.

Tl;dr yes all chapters can use editing
Hmm... I see... well in an attempt to avoid editing vol 18 and 19, I shall worship the first goddess by going through her arc again ;D
Old 2014-08-02, 23:05   Link #2083
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I got to say, reading the first part of that Diary really made me feel sad in the inside. One of rarest moments I gotten from reading a light novel.....
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 23:08   Link #2084
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
I got to say, reading the first part of that Diary really made me feel sad in the inside. One of rarest moments I gotten from reading a light novel.....
If you get the full impression from those parts including the build up starting in volume 15 @Turning Point 4 it's several times over.

Turning Point 3/Volume 13 was one of the most important volumes for development but Turning Point4/volume 15-16 hit me the hardest.
Kaito Yamakage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 23:20   Link #2085
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
If you get the full impression from those parts including the build up starting in volume 15 @Turning Point 4 it's several times over.

Turning Point 3/Volume 13 was one of the most important volumes for development but Turning Point4/volume 15-16 hit me the hardest.
*Sigh* I guess this called a dual side sword I guess for being a reader. When reading, you got so immense in it that you feel that you are the main character or a silent invisible observer that when they are face with extreme emotions so do you.

Triumphs, sadness, guilt, humility, .... and so on....
Old 2014-08-02, 23:36   Link #2086
Skuizaan

I wept manly tears at a certain chapter in v13. That chapter sealed this series as an actual Epic for me. Because I feel that equalized a lot of things, and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt, even with all of the Laplace factor Rudeus has, he is still Mortal.
Skuizaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-02, 23:39   Link #2087
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Yeah, but I do hope that the other volumes before that gets translated. The saying goes "jump into the fray to soon, you'll get burn". I would like to see Rudeus's progress before hitting the cake. Otherwise the impact of the most important volumes will be somewhat anti-climatic.
Old 2014-08-02, 23:51   Link #2088
Ahou

Yup, vol 13 made me sad =/

And vol 16 made me cringe.

Those 2 vols imo were the best emotionally. One showed you a glimpse of what would actually happen when you lose a family member. And even though its in a world with magic and time travel, there is surprisingly no resurrection; and I say good. None of that "-insert person- comes back alive by some unexplained bs and everyone is happy again crap".

And also vol 16 was basically like a bad end from a visual novel. And now it feels like you are going back to replay the game and trying to get to the true end ;D
Old 2014-08-03, 00:50   Link #2089
Dormouse

Quote:
Yup, vol 13 made me sad =/

And vol 16 made me cringe.

Those 2 vols imo were the best emotionally. One showed you a glimpse of what would actually happen when you lose a family member. And even though its in a world with magic and time travel, there is surprisingly no resurrection; and I say good. None of that "-insert person- comes back alive by some unexplained bs and everyone is happy again crap".

And also vol 16 was basically like a bad end from a visual novel. And now it feels like you are going back to replay the game and trying to get to the true end ;D
Oh man. Don't tell me that he spends volume 17 collecting magical fairy light balls or some shit... -hasn't read past volume 12-
Dormouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 01:04   Link #2090
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dormouse View Post
Oh man. Don't tell me that he spends volume 17 collecting magical fairy light balls or some shit... -hasn't read past volume 12-
He spends volume 17 collecting magical fairy light balls. MADE OF CHEESE.
Old 2014-08-03, 01:16   Link #2091
Dormouse

Quote:
He spends volume 17 collecting magical fairy light balls. MADE OF CHEESE.
fuark, taking it one step further than key did

sasoogar backscratcher

incidentally I just read about the encounter with the succubus you mentioned, lol. lucky he didn't choose to go begaritt himself.
Old 2014-08-03, 01:20   Link #2092
Gubbi

Spoiler for Question about Diary part:

Last edited by Gubbi; 2014-08-03 at 01:32.
Gubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 01:43   Link #2093
Ahou

Quote:
fuark, taking it one step further than key did

sasoogar backscratcher

incidentally I just read about the encounter with the succubus you mentioned, lol. lucky he didn't choose to go begaritt himself.
YO MANG!!! CHEESE BALLS BE DELICIOUS!!! LOLOLOL

@Gubbi
Spoiler for spoiler for diary:
Old 2014-08-03, 01:57   Link #2094
Kaito Yamakage

[SPOILER="???"]Dumbledore dies!!![SPOILER]

Indeed it's good he didn't go alone... I was debating whether to include that chapter on the ones I translate in volume 12 when I get there... because it's funny.

Otherwise I was only planning to do 1-2 and 8. While many chapters in 12 are good, those are the only super necessary ones to volume 13.
Old 2014-08-03, 01:59   Link #2095
Ahou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaito yamakage View Post
[spoiler="???"]dumbledore dies!!![spoiler]

indeed it's good he didn't go alone... I was debating whether to include that chapter on the ones i translate in volume 12 when i get there... Because it's funny.

Otherwise i was only planning to do 1-2 and 8. While many chapters in 12 are good, those are the only super necessary ones to volume 13.
FAIL SPOILER!! qq WAI U RUIN MY CHILDHOOD!! :<
Old 2014-08-03, 02:38   Link #2096
Dormouse

Quote:
[SPOILER="???"]Dumbledore dies!!![SPOILER]

Indeed it's good he didn't go alone... I was debating whether to include that chapter on the ones I translate in volume 12 when I get there... because it's funny.

Otherwise I was only planning to do 1-2 and 8. While many chapters in 12 are good, those are the only super necessary ones to volume 13.
Just finished reading 114. Seems I can finish both Eris SS and reading vol 12 tonight. Fresh start for Monday, hoho.

Quote:
Prepare to marathon 13. Lol.

Glad you've got those side stories covered... I might end up doing that one Zanoba one, not sure yet...sometime in-between the 40 chapters I have planned/non-registered.
Eris is cute, so I'm happily doing them.

Still, I can't believe how much faster it is to read without translating. Just a little tempted to read until vol 19, but if I do that I'll probably never translate a chapter again lol.

Last edited by Dormouse; 2014-08-03 at 02:52.
Old 2014-08-03, 02:45   Link #2097
Kaito Yamakage

Quote:
Just finished reading 114. Seems I can finish both Eris SS and reading vol 12 tonight. Fresh start for Monday, hoho.
Prepare to marathon 13. Lol.

Glad you've got those side stories covered... I might end up doing that one Zanoba one, not sure yet...sometime in-between the 40 chapters I have planned/non-registered.
Old 2014-08-03, 03:00   Link #2098
Gubbi

Quote:
YO MANG!!! CHEESE BALLS BE DELICIOUS!!! LOLOLOL

@Gubbi
Spoiler for spoiler for diary:
Spoiler for Diary:
Gubbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 03:25   Link #2099
myopius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Last I checked he said he had 5 chapters already done for the next volume. He just chooses to release them all together.
Ah, that makes sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
His blog, he posted on 7-29, that he was 5 chapters in.
I had no clue about that, thanks for the heads up. Actually, I just checked the blog and he said that since volume 20's going to be longer/more serious than usual and July/August are busy, he's going to take a 1-2 month break instead of a 1 month break this time... That's according to his July 15 entry. Too bad.

Quote:
On 7-22 he had 1 chapter done. 20 should be done around 8-5 I think, if there is no writers block.
I noticed that in the July 22 entry he estimated there'd be 11-12 chapters in volume 20. Keeping at 1.75 days per chapter for the remaining 7 chapters after July 29, that's about 12 days--August 10. Well, that's probably going to be wrong since he said he'd take more than a month this time (i.e. sometime after August 13).
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-03, 03:34   Link #2100
kazzuya

Spoiler for Diary Part 2:
kazzuya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, fantasy, gods, harem, incest, og isekai, polygamy, reincarnation, seinen, time travel, true harem, webnovel