AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-09-14, 09:59   Link #1
zztop

Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai: Manmaru-hen [Light Novel]

This thread is for discussing the light novels of Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai/ A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Don't Exist.

Given the buzz from its anime, feel free to discuss future plotlines, plot twists, worldbuilding, politics, characters and any further crazy lewdness from our characters.

C*ck-a-doodle-doo, everyone!

Last edited by zztop; 2015-09-14 at 10:49.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:22   Link #2
LG-MAX 2.o

finally a place to discuss this masterpiece of literature.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:28   Link #3
soularc55
7th dimensional king

People won't be amused with translating the LN cuz 75% is kajou's stupid sex spouting. 10% plot and 15% "PLOT".Anime is aactually better at this point as well as not giving translators migraines from the corny jokes.
soularc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:38   Link #4
Corvo269

Yeah, this is one of those where you could only enjoy the anime/manga rather than the LN if you're not Japanese. I would really like to say to any translator to not take this up and work on anything else but that's their choice not mine
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 10:51   Link #5
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Yeah, this is one of those where you could only enjoy the anime/manga rather than the LN if you're not Japanese. I would really like to say to any translator to not take this up and work on anything else but that's their choice not mine
The source novels are really that bad?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:16   Link #6
LG-MAX 2.o

Wow, so much hatred, I thought the rule light novel >>>>> anime were to follow, but it seems not.
Old 2015-09-14, 11:23   Link #7
Breimn

I guess it is because jap wordsplay cant get translated.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 11:31   Link #8
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Wow, so much hatred, I thought the rule light novel >>>>> anime were to follow, but it seems not.
That's the rule but shimoneta isn't interesting at all, the first 3 volumes are funny but after that is just the same over and over like @soularc55 said.

As far as I know (needs confirmation)...
Spoiler for what's happening right now:

Last edited by Izumo; 2015-09-14 at 11:42.
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 12:19   Link #9
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
That's the rule but shimoneta isn't interesting at all, the first 3 volumes are funny but after that is just the same over and over like @soularc55 said.

well
Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2015-09-14, 15:52   Link #10
LG-MAX 2.o

I think Kazami Yuuji is the true and only harem master.
Old 2015-09-14, 18:32   Link #11
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Well, I never expect this MC to live up to any expectation given the way he was introduced.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 16:09   Link #12
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izumo View Post
What I read is that,

Spoiler:

I think that's where the novel is at right now.
Old 2015-09-15, 17:44   Link #13
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
What I read is that,

Spoiler:

Spoiler for :
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 18:24   Link #14
Izumo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
What I read is that,

Spoiler:

Spoiler for about spoiler:
Izumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 20:39   Link #15
soularc55
7th dimensional king

Anybody thinking about translating this cuz I wanna see the reaction of how frustrating it is to translate this series.
soularc55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 22:20   Link #16
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

One word to describe Tanukichi: hetare.

Seriously...

Ayame's was just a chain effect.
>sees Anna confess
>then she confesses as well
>Tanukichi just stays shut.

That's why I dislike the "romance" element in most of the series.

I think this series is better with the pervert antics as long as the author doesn't repeats the same jokes, specially with Kajou, not how the serries lost its shine at some point, even non novel readers(anime watches) will tell you so.
Old 2015-09-15, 23:37   Link #17
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
One word to describe Tanukichi: hetare.

Seriously...

Ayame's was just a chain effect.
>sees Anna confess
>then she confesses as well
>Tanukichi just stays shut.

That's why I dislike the "romance" element in most of the series.

I think this series is better with the pervert antics as long as the author doesn't repeats the same jokes, specially with Kajou, not how the serries lost its shine at some point, even non novel readers(anime watches) will tell you so.
this is just the writer being "generic and pulling" the basic protakun which thinks bad about himself, which believe the girls are too good for him, then he create a "natural barrier" of i don't diserve be loved by that wonderfull girls even the girl i true love i'm not man enough for her then i must give up even if her confesse her love and accept me as who i am.

well you know the clichê harem excuses it's not like he is the only one like that or will be the last, that is why i'm not too much into harem romance, they are plain stupid and most of the times just for the sake of boobs, pants and others ecchi fanservice, in the end they are made just for the sake of the "loosers among the otakus community can dream and fap.

that is why for me is more easy to accept comedy gags harem(the ones heavy focused on comedy) cuz the mc and romance are stupids the laughts make pay for it.

hey i'm curious how anna accepted so easy tanukichi rejection??? she finally start to leave the "yandere zone"???. finally start to controlling herself???
Old 2015-09-16, 03:16   Link #18
Takeshi senpai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
this is just the writer being "generic and pulling" the basic protakun which thinks bad about himself, which believe the girls are too good for him, then he create a "natural barrier" of i don't diserve be loved by that wonderfull girls even the girl i true love i'm not man enough for her then i must give up even if her confesse her love and accept me as who i am.

well you know the clichê harem excuses it's not like he is the only one like that or will be the last, that is why i'm not too much into harem romance, they are plain stupid and most of the times just for the sake of boobs, pants and others ecchi fanservice, in the end they are made just for the sake of the "loosers among the otakus community can dream and fap.

that is why for me is more easy to accept comedy gags harem(the ones heavy focused on comedy) cuz the mc and romance are stupids the laughts make pay for it.

hey i'm curious how anna accepted so easy tanukichi rejection??? she finally start to leave the "yandere zone"???. finally start to controlling herself???
And finally falls in love with a real man? I'm supporting the bodyguard trap guy, despite wearing a dress he still has more balls then Tanukichi. I agree that most harems are crap, but there are rare gems.
Takeshi senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-16, 13:51   Link #19
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I don't mind harem MCs that have reasons to believe they are not worthy of the girls. Or in Tanukichi's case grew up in a society that does not provide case studies for how to normally fall in love. Remember how messed up it is in terms of sex and romance. Also remember how messed up Anna is in the head. Cause if we're really thinking about this, it's not just a one-night deal and then the story ends with some vague 'and they lived happily ever after.' Anna's mental problems will become an even bigger problem down the road in the relationship.

I actually like that many protagonists are not sex-starved animals who will welcome with desperation any opportunity to bang a girl. You can go play certain visual novels for those kinds of characters, and unless their actions are framed a certain way, they just come off as really creepy and rapey.
Old 2015-09-16, 15:22   Link #20
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You're taking it to the extreme, missing the point really.