AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-06-08, 09:22   Link #1
zztop

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizokin/ Ryuugajou Nanana's Buried Treasure

This thread is for discussing the Ryuugajou Nanana LNs, given the interest people have shown in the source LNs after watching the currently running anime adaptation.

Anyone who has read the novels can post and discuss the latest plot developments, character developments/new characters/ character appearances and the mystery of Nanana's death.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 18:47   Link #2
Kyuusaisha

I would love to know more about this. The anime has been a very nice watch so far. I didn't expect anything at all going in so this was probably the biggest surprise this season.
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-12, 21:17   Link #3
tsunade666

What volume is the current story about? vol 4 or 5?
Old 2014-06-12, 21:51   Link #4
larethian

Actually about one-third of the story is different (modified or stripped out). The main plot is largely the same but certain scenes got changed or merged or taken out altogether. Some of the challenges/ruins mechanism are also different. There's also more subtle Juugo x Tensai teasing in the novel.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 05:18   Link #5
tsunade666

larethian-sama please give summary for more gorgeous TensaixJuugo teasing.

Or at least points out the difference
Old 2014-06-13, 05:28   Link #6
NeutralZero

Now that's nice...
the anime's good... for us so curious of the orinal version...
what about Juugox Yukihime?
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 05:52   Link #7
tsunade666

if there is a major difference in the anime against novel. What would it be?
Old 2014-06-13, 07:20   Link #8
oplover
Usually a lurker

I'm also interested in this series. Is that true that the main story is about finding 777 killer while the sub arcs are where you can find clues for main story?
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 10:15   Link #9
Sacredus

Well, it's one of my favorite anime this season so I would like to know more about novel...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
There's also more subtle Juugo x Tensai teasing in the novel.
They cut off Juugo x Tensai scenes? Blasphemy!
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-13, 13:13   Link #10
Breimoon

we need moar juugo x tensai!!!
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 02:20   Link #11
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
larethian-sama please give summary for more gorgeous TensaixJuugo teasing.

Or at least points out the difference
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Now that's nice...
the anime's good... for us so curious of the orinal version...
what about Juugox Yukihime?
Quote:
if there is a major difference in the anime against novel. What would it be?
Quote:
Originally Posted by oplover View Post
I'm also interested in this series. Is that true that the main story is about finding 777 killer while the sub arcs are where you can find clues for main story?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
Well, it's one of my favorite anime this season so I would like to know more about novel...

They cut off Juugo x Tensai scenes? Blasphemy!
Unfortunately, I have only read volume 1, and reading a bit at a time when I'm free so it will take me some time before I even catch up to where they are going to stop. So I can't answer many questions.

I have done a short teaser at the usual place and you can get an idea about what they modified.

Other things include stripping out character interactions that develop characters and make things more sensible. For example, in episode 3, the girlfriend act with Nanana that took place actually was partly a consequence of Nanana hurting Juugo's feelings a little and making it up to him, though it turned out different from Juugo's expectations .

You can see from the teaser that the puzzles/challenges in v1 are different (Daruk wasn't even involved in the entrance test and ofc, there is also more Juugo x Tensai shiptease ). There were also some changes to the Octopus one as well.

Also, towards the end of v1, it was mentioned that Juugo thought he saw the dragon mark on Shiki behind her hair as she turned around, but he dismissed what he saw.
Old 2014-06-15, 03:15   Link #12
R.LocK
My turn

Oh-ho, so whole owing thing is pretty important, huh?
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-15, 12:29   Link #13
tsunade666

I just read the teaser and its good. Its like the entrance test for adventure club was indeed change and some dialogue was change from the anime or rather exchange. The dialogue where Tensai owe Juugo was was never tackle later on but I wonder if it will be address in vol 1.

I also love the interaction between the two specially the teasing of Juugo towards Tensai.

I hope someone will pick it up.

Though I also notice that the words/name or materials found in the teaser chapter has a note that it will be used later on or rather it will be important later on. Like the name of Tensai and the pickle press.

Will it be a normal theme of the story? invoking chekov's gun?
Old 2014-06-16, 03:22   Link #14
larethian

Quote:
I just read the teaser and its good. Its like the entrance test for adventure club was indeed change and some dialogue was change from the anime or rather exchange. The dialogue where Tensai owe Juugo was was never tackle later on but I wonder if it will be address in vol 1.

I also love the interaction between the two specially the teasing of Juugo towards Tensai.

I hope someone will pick it up.

Though I also notice that the words/name or materials found in the teaser chapter has a note that it will be used later on or rather it will be important later on. Like the name of Tensai and the pickle press.

Will it be a normal theme of the story? invoking chekov's gun?
Hm, was it confusing? Maybe I shouldn't have added that. The Tensai name + genius was actually addressed in the same chapter anyway, with Juugo mentioning it later. Some people may be confused about the pickle press inside the treasure box. I thought I just mentioned it here. The original treasure was the same as the anime, the teapot thing. But for the entrance test, they don't use the real Nanana Collection item. I thought I'd mention it in case someone thought that the treasure was changed or something haha.

Also, a year ago, it was Konjou Kasumi who told Juugo's Dad about the island, thus leading the Matsuri gang to show up there.

There seems to be foreshadowing that the very first item that Juugo got, that is, the lie-detector gem, is going to play a part in helping Juugo find the killer, since until now, he still has the real thing. I find it odd no one is surprised from my spoiler that Shiki might be the killer. Though it could be the author trying to pull wool over our eyes.
Old 2014-06-16, 03:57   Link #15
tsunade666

shiki? who's shiki? type-moon?
Old 2014-06-16, 04:28   Link #16
oplover
Usually a lurker

Quote:
shiki? who's shiki? type-moon?
You know, onee-san who has the apartement.
oplover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 04:54   Link #17
tsunade666

the land lady onee-san is Shiki? then is Konjou Kasumi is the first president of the adventure club? who is the informer? its like her name was mentioned when the past of the adventure club was mention but I'm not sure.
Old 2014-06-16, 05:30   Link #18
Breimoon

Shiki and 777 were not part of the adventure club , the club should have been made after they and rest of team built the island/school with nanana collection help
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-16, 06:07   Link #19
Kakurin
大佐

Quote:
the land lady onee-san is Shiki?
Her full name is apparently Maboro Shiki. I find this name slightly interesting because maboroshi means something like illusion / dream. Then again, I may be overthinking this.
Old 2014-06-16, 06:26   Link #20
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

The biggest question I had in mind is that does Nanana really want to pass on or not?

In the anime, she's too chill and carefree for a ghost and once a famous person for her collection of artifacts. But what does she do? Eat puddings and playing games all day long. They guys even need to offer her some pudding to please her for an advice of the ruins.

She maybe a beautiful ghost( but I like Dusk Maiden more than her) but there are limits!

Does it even crossed her mind that she might want to have her soul R.I.P and have justice for her murder?

Sure, she's been living that apartment ever since she died and the last roommate was that girl from the anime had given up on finding her murderer.

Even the people who are able to see her and ask for her advices on her collections & ruins are full of capable people. But did they bother to ask her if she wants to move on?

Being an earthbound spirit maybe good and all because she can play games all her want but that won't last long. Soon, she will be lonely that seeing her old friends have grown old and died peacefully and the cycle goes on.

And it's not something you want to see over and over again. Nanana died as a young lass, that kind of thought might really bother her.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote