AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2003-11-08, 06:44   Link #1
Kaze X

DirectX 9.0 playback please help!

Hello! I have a question about DirectX 9.0 relating to playback. I have a GeForce 2 32MB video card and recently installed DirectX 9.0 to my computer (So I can play Final Fantasy XI! ^-^)

But after I installed it when I tried to play an avi file, only a black screen showed (but sound was ok) So I ran GSpot in order to see if I had to reinstall my codecs (Which I probably shouldn't have done....) And now when playing avi files the picture comes up but its more pixelated and not as smooth

I was just wondering if I goofed up when I ran GSpot and should have done another step first, or if my video card just isn't compatible with DirectX 9.0...

I do have a system restore point right before I installed DirectX 9.0 but I just wanted to know if there is any way I can fix the problem before resorting to that.

If anyone could help me out I'd greatly appriciate it!

Thank you!,

Kaze X
Old 2003-11-08, 07:58   Link #2
Enragin_Angel
ナマケモノ

Direct X 9 does nothing for your GeForce 2. You could have dx8 and it would perform the same.
Old 2003-11-08, 08:05   Link #3
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

You don't mention it so I wonder; have you tried ffdshow, as suggested in Animaniac's Media Configuration Guide? If not you defiantly should... It will probably solve most of your problems. As for DirectX 9.0, I've got it installed too (despite the fact it does nothing for my gfx card) because I have needed to develop against it... I've not had any problems with playback via ffdshow as a result.
Old 2003-11-08, 14:37   Link #4
Animaniac
On leave?

Also it might be that, your default video renderer changed to VMR9 after installing DX9, you might get this effect. In reality, VMR9 is more accurate and what you were used to was the image being smoothed too much. In Media Player Classic's Playback options you can change the video renderer to one that you like the best.