AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2024-03-20, 03:02   Link #41
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
I see. I was thinking we would have see sometimes the current Issei save the MC and the possible characters sometimes. Hope that Issei wouldn't appear just for look like a Idiot to which Junior's Characters badmounthing sometimes
Most likely not, since at least Ishibumi is involved. Except it's the usual gag scenes ig.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-20, 05:19   Link #42
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

But it was Ishibumi himself sometimes has make Issei a Butt-Monkey's Trope sometimes in those various Short Stories and in the First Volumes. I'm afraid that in Junior we could see "that Version Of Issei" who was considered just a idiot and a perverted...
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-20, 07:15   Link #43
Xuanwu

Quote:
But it was Ishibumi himself sometimes has make Issei a Butt-Monkey's Trope sometimes in those various Short Stories and in the First Volumes. I'm afraid that in Junior we could see "that Version Of Issei" who was considered just a idiot and a perverted...
He usually has Issei play the straight man these days and anyway, he's always emphasized Issei's positive aspects. I'm sure they should be able to balance Issei's different sides but I'm curious to see how another author will write him.
Old 2024-03-20, 07:25   Link #44
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

You could be right. Maybe we wouldn't even seen Issei pretty often. Perhaps Rias and the others girls would be the ones who will appear more often.

I was thinking could be possible that the MC would have to deal wit Evil Fallen Angels like Raynare who could want kill her and try to stolen her Sacred Gear?
Old 2024-03-20, 07:36   Link #45
Xuanwu

Quote:
You could be right. Maybe we wouldn't even seen Issei pretty often. Perhaps Rias and the others girls would be the ones who will appear more often.

I was thinking could be possible that the MC would have to deal wit Evil Fallen Angels like Raynare who could want kill her and try to stolen her Sacred Gear?
That's one of the reasons I don't prefer Kuoh as the stage. I don't really like rehashed situations like that. Honestly I want different antagonists other than exorcists, fallen angels and devils.

Slash Dog at least gives us antagonists from the Japanese faction. I'd prefer supernatural beings that we haven't seen much of - Chinese, Egyptians, Celts, etc - or maybe even another human faction. Or, for example, minor members of the Hero Faction that defected from Cao Cao.

Gods are too strong for the beginning of the novel though. But I just want more variety at least.
Old 2024-03-20, 07:38   Link #46
Xuanwu

Also, it could be the case that Zekka's friends are also reincarnation of heroes. That would be interesting to see.
Old 2024-03-20, 11:26   Link #47
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

I can understand why you dislike having the same villains of DXD but I think they choice Kuoh cause in this way is extremely easy justify the presence of Rias and others.

There were things that sadly Ishibumi wasn't able to explore or he didn't priority such show in actions the others members of Top 10, the 10 Best Pro Rating Games's Players, those 5 Ultimate Class who were supposed have the potential of be Maou ecc. So I'm not surprised that Ishi haven't show yet all of those stuff mentioned by you.

I dunno about who should be the villains.

Maybe we would Zekka and her possible friends that Heroes's Reincarnations became recruits of the Hero's Faction or something. They could confirmed as new members in Shin DXD.
Old 2024-03-20, 15:28   Link #48
Xuanwu

Oh, that's right. Ishibumi could easily add Zekka to Cao Cao's team in the RG tournament.

But this would also raise questions as to why Zekka and her friends didn't join the tournament in the first place
Old 2024-03-20, 17:09   Link #49
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

I dunno about be added to the Tournament, I was thinking that maybe it would be Leonardo if he return to take a position in the Hero Faction's Team for the Cup. He could make Monsters that could keep busy Fenrir and Albion if he they would face Vali's Team in the Cup.

Honestly I believe that maybe Ishibumi thinked about Zekka and her possible friends just lately. Maybe they aren't even his creations at 100%, perhaps it was the editor would told him it could have been a good idea try to make a new Spin-Off for DXD.
Old 2024-03-22, 01:28   Link #50
Xuanwu

Quote:
I can understand why you dislike having the same villains of DXD but I think they choice Kuoh cause in this way is extremely easy justify the presence of Rias and others.

There were things that sadly Ishibumi wasn't able to explore or he didn't priority such show in actions the others members of Top 10, the 10 Best Pro Rating Games's Players, those 5 Ultimate Class who were supposed have the potential of be Maou ecc. So I'm not surprised that Ishi haven't show yet all of those stuff mentioned by you.

I dunno about who should be the villains.

Maybe we would Zekka and her possible friends that Heroes's Reincarnations became recruits of the Hero's Faction or something. They could confirmed as new members in Shin DXD.
If the villains lead to new information about Heaven, the Church or Underworld, then it would be alright.

It's possible Zekka has her own team from the onset rather than joining the Hero Faction. But I think Ishi should add her to Cao Cao's team in the tournament since she's now a main character.
Old 2024-03-22, 05:00   Link #51
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Yeah it could be nice if thanks villains we got more info about DXD's Lore.

The problem is how strong would be Zekka in Shin DXD? I mean between Junior and Shin just a year should pass and how much fast Zekka can growth as fighter and wielder of a Sacred Gear? If she doesn't have a special talent like Tobio, Cao Cao and Dulio I don't how possible can be that a girl young like her can do well in the Azazel Cup expecialy considering that Cao Cao's next opponents would be the Team of Typhoon and Vidar and then later the Vali's one.
Old 2024-03-23, 02:22   Link #52
Dareal_truth

I would've thought the tournament will be postpone
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-23, 05:31   Link #53
Xuanwu

Quote:
Yeah it could be nice if thanks villains we got more info about DXD's Lore.

The problem is how strong would be Zekka in Shin DXD? I mean between Junior and Shin just a year should pass and how much fast Zekka can growth as fighter and wielder of a Sacred Gear? If she doesn't have a special talent like Tobio, Cao Cao and Dulio I don't how possible can be that a girl young like her can do well in the Azazel Cup expecialy considering that Cao Cao's next opponents would be the Team of Typhoon and Vidar and then later the Vali's one.
She's a main character and the descendant of a famous hero. She should be very talented. I'd be surprised if she wasn't.

Ishibumi is likely going to keep Issei as the only MC that initially had no talent. Maybe unless he wants Issei to mentor someone like that later on, but it won't be Zekka.
Old 2024-03-23, 05:32   Link #54
Xuanwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
I would've thought the tournament will be postpone
It has narrative importance but it would be weird if they kept it up in the midst of an alien invasion. I'm sure Ishi can find an excuse tho, which probably will not make much sense.
Old 2024-03-23, 06:05   Link #55
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
She's a main character and the descendant of a famous hero. She should be very talented. I'd be surprised if she wasn't.

Ishibumi is likely going to keep Issei as the only MC that initially had no talent. Maybe unless he wants Issei to mentor someone like that later on, but it won't be Zekka.
Yeah, you could be right. Despite she must be younger than Issei at the beginning of the story maybe she can be a monster for what it concern development of fighting's skill.

Perhaps she would trained by Grigori like Tobio.

It could be interesting see Issei be the mentor of someone who haven't not so much talent like him. He together with Sairoarg should do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
It has narrative importance but it would be weird if they kept it up in the midst of an alien invasion. I'm sure Ishi can find an excuse tho, which probably will not make much sense.
Ajuka could have already postpone it cause Hades's Army but he didn't, the Cup is too important. I'm sure the Cup would continue even after the Malebranche would awake and the first Eevie would show up.

Honestly for me Eevie's Final Invasion could happened after Issei and Vali's match. Immagine how much dangerous would be let they 2 fight each other with their Last Power Up at full power... There wouldn't be any protection strong enough for make the world safe from their fight
Old 2024-03-23, 07:18   Link #56
Dareal_truth

Space battles for the dragon boys..anyways it's still weird to me ise not In college yet
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-23, 09:41   Link #57
Marvix
Elmenhilde's Fang

From the cover of the current issue of Dragon Magazine, Zeka's new design (the 'DxD' almost fit perfectly on her chest).
Old 2024-03-23, 09:57   Link #58
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

@ Marvix Thank you for having share.

It seem that have big breast for her age.

Well she is a character of DXD after all

I wonder how it would be her personality and interactions with Rias and the others characters?
Old 2024-03-23, 14:43   Link #59
Xuanwu

Her expressions so far make it seem as though she's reserved or something, kuudere like Koneko maybe? The summary did say she wants to make friends.
Old 2024-03-23, 15:49   Link #60
Qliphoth Bacikal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvix View Post
From the cover of the current issue of Dragon Magazine, Zeka's new design (the 'DxD' almost fit perfectly on her chest).
Damn, she stacked up though for a junior high school student.

Quote:
@ Marvix Thank you for having share.

It seem that have big breast for her age.

Well she is a character of DXD after all

I wonder how it would be her personality and interactions with Rias and the others characters?
That's DXD for you, indeed lol.

Maybe her character is one whose like a bit shy or reserved, even though she wants to make friends per the summary preview?

Also, earlier I saw that this spin off is during the time Issei is getting to know the members of ORC, so that's definitely a time when Issei was "That kind of person" lol.

Boi, that's gonna be an awkward nostalgia route to see the old early days of Issei xD
Qliphoth Bacikal is offline   Reply With Quote