AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-16, 16:11   Link #61
cyberdemon

This is just a thought but what if, with the exception of Valerie, Gaspers peerage is made up of Isseis children? We know he’s their teacher in the future but what if this is because he took them into his peerage?
Old 2023-07-16, 19:58   Link #62
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
This is just a thought but what if, with the exception of Valerie, Gaspers peerage is made up of Isseis children? We know he’s their teacher in the future but what if this is because he took them into his peerage?
While that is interesting I doubt that would happen. I
Because I see Ex becoming a king like his father and mother. And besides wouldn't their evil piece traits have been mentioned if that was the case?

Gasper is Rias's bishop so it would naturally make sense that he would have some connection to Issei's children just like Kiba.

I was thinking that Rias's new knight could be a high-class devil from a noble family that specializes in swordsmanship and wielding demonic swords. Like perhaps the devil left on a journey to become strong and honed their swordsmanship and martial arts ability since they were born with just regular amounts of demonic power for a high-class devil. Because the house lost most of their demonic swords during the Great War and civil war and the few demonic swords they have left are wielded by the members of the main branch and their servants. And since the devil is from a very distant side branch of the house and wasn't really gifted with any extraordinary amount of demonic power, they had very little opportunity to wield one of these swords.

They also incorporate throwing weapons into their fighting style like shuriken and kunai and are also proficient in the use of other weapons but they primarily stick to a single one-handed sword while keeping their other hand free.

I was thinking they could be inspired based on Ikki Kurogane from Rakudai Kishi. And once they joined Rias' peerage they could receive Galantine.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2023-07-16 at 20:23.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 04:37   Link #63
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
And besides wouldn't their evil piece traits have been mentioned if that was the case?
Maybe it can be that they could became member of Gasper's peerage in a further future but the problem is that considering how strong they could be it wouldn't be necessary using on every of them many pieces or a mutation pieces?

Quote:
I was thinking they could be inspired based on Ikki Kurogane from Rakudai Kishi. And once they joined Rias' peerage they could receive Galantine.
Someone like Ikki Kurogane would have sense the plot of Highschool DXD cause Ikki's story remember me the one of Sairoarg.

But the problem for me in this case is this: it wouldn't be a mistake from Ishibumi using his time and energy into writing and introducing a new character when there are already too many characters and when there is already the guy in the Shooting Star team described as having a speed greater than that of a god that could be used for be Rias's Knight?
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 06:05   Link #64
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
Maybe it can be that they could became member of Gasper's peerage in a further future but the problem is that considering how strong they could be it wouldn't be necessary using on every of them many pieces or a mutation pieces?

Someone like Ikki Kurogane would have sense the plot of Highschool DXD cause Ikki's story remember me the one of Sairoarg.

But the problem for me in this case is this: it wouldn't be a mistake from Ishibumi using his time and energy into writing and introducing a new character when there are already too many characters and when there is already the guy in the Shooting Star team described as having a speed greater than that of a god that could be used for be Rias's Knight?
Yeah I agree that idea for Rias's knight wasn't really s good one.

To call that guy on Shooting Star's team who is really fast a character is really stretching it don't you think? He doesn't even have a name and the only impressive thing about him is that he is very fast which is basically just the most typical trait for a knight. Besides saying that he has speed faster than a god what else did he do? Did he defeat anyone from Sairaorg's team? Is he faster than Kiba, Bennia, or Nimura? Let's be honest, Shooting Star and his team are the laziest characters Ishibuni has ever put in this series and only Shooting Star can be called a character IMO. The others were just caricatures of their respective spots on his team.

I really don't see the problem in him creating new characters as long as they're useful and not just caricatures(Shooting Star's teammates), poorly-used plot devices(Valerie, Tosca, and Meredith), or stand-ins for other characters(Bova Tannin).

I just feel it's obvious that Ishibuni is going to create new characters that have unique abilities to fill out Rias' and Issei's peerages. If he had wanted certain existing characters to join Rias's and Issei's peerage he would have done so by now or created a reason for some to join(Sona becoming the head of Sitri). It's only 4 more characters although I suspect Rias's new knight and bishop will both be female and in Issei's harem.
Old 2023-07-17, 06:39   Link #65
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Besides saying that he has speed faster than a god what else did he do? Did he defeat anyone from Sairaorg's team? Is he faster than Kiba, Bennia, or Nimura? Let's be honest, Shooting Star and his team are the laziest characters Ishibuni has ever put in this series and only Shooting Star can be called a character IMO.
I agree that they were basically created just for let Shooting Star have a team again the Sairoarg but I was thinking it wouldn't be better for Ishi try to try to write and give a decent development to these 3 characters instead of creating new characters from 0. I mean wouldn't it be better for him also considering his health which is slowing down the writing of the story a lot focusing more on what he already has instead of trying to squeeze his imagination?

Quote:
I really don't see the problem in him creating new characters as long as they're useful and not just caricatures(Shooting Star's teammates), poorly-used plot devices(Valerie, Tosca, and Meredith), or stand-ins for other characters(Bova Tannin).
Agree on this, for what concern Bova maybe Ishi could have some little plans about him otherwise the training under Crom Cruach could have been something he could have avoid writting and informed us.

I'm a little afraid about that Sefaria girl, hope she will not be just yet the another damsel in distress.

Quote:
I just feel it's obvious that Ishibuni is going to create new characters that have unique abilities to fill out Rias' and Issei's peerages. If he had wanted certain existing characters to join Rias's and Issei's peerage he would have done so by now or created a reason for some to join(Sona becoming the head of Sitri). It's only 4 more characters although I suspect Rias's new knight and bishop will both be female and in Issei's harem.
We must be really hope that if Rias new knight and bishop would be girls they end up in the harem otherwise they will became just another pair of girls which will further increase the number of characters in the story without there is a really need of that.

Just like that two high class devils introduced in that short story that has show a Mecha-Fafnir.
Old 2023-07-17, 07:09   Link #66
Xuanwu

Uh, I mean we don't even know Shooting Star's real name. The fact that he hasn't named the other members doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have other plans for them. They all have one single actual appearance so far.

Kinda jumping the gun here. As already stated, they could easily be meant to be the new Bishop or Knight.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 08:12   Link #67
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Uh, I mean we don't even know Shooting Star's real name. The fact that he hasn't named the other members doesn't necessarily mean he doesn't have other plans for them. They all have one single actual appearance so far.

Kinda jumping the gun here. As already stated, they could easily be meant to be the new Bishop or Knight.
I thought about that too as the same logic applies to Connla and Marsilio on Cao Cao's team. Except they had powerful Sacred Gears when they were introduced at least and at least served a purpose other than just filling up a character slot because Shooting Star needed some teammates.

Just being really fast or having powerful magic doesn't really make you a strong character at this point. If they couldn't even defeat a single member of Sairaorg's team in my view they aren't really strong enough to be in Rias's peerage that's full of monsters and abnormalities.

There are other existing characters like Jeanne or Le Fay that would make better additions than those unnamed characters that have traits that sound impressive but really aren't once you look at the power of the other characters in the series.

My point about them being meant to be Rias's servants us that why hasn't it happened already? Ingvild was introduced and made Issei's queen in the same volume. Same goes for Issei, Asia, and Xenovia joining Rias's peerage initially. He tends not to waste time on that front. Which leads me to believe he has two entirely new characters in mind for Rias's knight and bishop that will be introduced later.

I know that the knight and bishop piece have low values but Sona was able to reincarnate someone like Bennia with a single knight piece. So I at least have some hope for Rias.
Old 2023-07-17, 08:29   Link #68
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Just being really fast or having powerful magic doesn't really make you a strong character at this point. If they couldn't even defeat a single member of Sairaorg's team in my view they aren't really strong enough to be in Rias's peerage that's full of monsters and abnormalities.

@ Lucidrago the fact is that in my opinion if Rias's peerage members would be only made of monsters then she would banned by regulars Rating Games

Issei could already be in the future banned list, Gasper as well if is future power would be something broken could end up by not allowed anymore to be in regular Rating Games.

Rias would need guys that are strong but she want have a peerage that allow her to be the champion regulars RG one day, but if she keep up like this then it would end up that only she, Akeno, Kiba and Koneko would be allowed to play regulars RG

The fact that they haven't managed to be no one of Sairorg's peerage was more or less justified by the fact that they weren't at the 100% of the shape cause they haven't fully recovered by their previous matches.

Quote:
My point about them being meant to be Rias's servants us that why hasn't it happened already? Ingvild was introduced and made Issei's queen in the same volume. Same goes for Issei, Asia, and Xenovia joining Rias's peerage initially. He tends not to waste time on that front.
I think that is not already happened cause simply the last Shin Volumes were already long enough for be focus on adding new people on Rias's peerage.

Quote:
I know that the knight and bishop piece have low values but Sona was able to reincarnate someone like Bennia with a single knight piece. So I at least have some hope for Rias.

It can be that Rias would managed to have two new strong characters cause maybe the bishop or the knight could turn into a mutation piece but as I have already say if they are too broken Rias risk that she couldn't use them in the regulars RG.
Old 2023-07-17, 12:44   Link #69
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
@ Lucidrago the fact is that in my opinion if Rias's peerage members would be only made of monsters then she would banned by regulars Rating Games

Issei could already be in the future banned list, Gasper as well if is future power would be something broken could end up by not allowed anymore to be in regular Rating Games.

Rias would need guys that are strong but she want have a peerage that allow her to be the champion regulars RG one day, but if she keep up like this then it would end up that only she, Akeno, Kiba and Koneko would be allowed to play regulars RG

The fact that they haven't managed to be no one of Sairorg's peerage was more or less justified by the fact that they weren't at the 100% of the shape cause they haven't fully recovered by their previous matches.
Why would she be banned from participating in Rating Games? Xenovia is not allowed to participate in Rating Games with her peerage because of the fact that she had to have Ajuka personally turn some of her pieces into mutation pieces just so they would work on Balberith and Verrine. Not because her peerage is too powerful although it's linked to that.

If Rias just simply used the piece she had available without any outside interference to reincarnate all her existing servants then there's no problem. Same goes for Issei and Gasper.

Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko are monsters as well. Why do you think that only Issei and Gasper are? Those three are well abive just typical servants of did you think they were the norm? The daughter of a fallen angel leader who is the strongest fallen angel at the moment and a user of Holy Lightning, a Nekoshou who can use touki as well as senjutsu and youjutsu, and a guy who has two very versatile Sacred Gears and five demonic swords. And there's Loup as well who is a very powerful werewolf who incorporates magic into his physical attacks.

There will certainly be limitations put on them but Rias' wouldn't be outright banned fromRating Games for simply using the evil pieces high-class devils are able to receive.

You seem to think that the knight and bishop are going to be Longinus possessors. I just want them to have some uniquely strong abilities like Bennia or Loup Garou. I don't want them to just have some slap-on ability like being super fast because Kiba already had that or being very powerful in the use of one element because Akeno pretty much has that.

Just have them join Saji's peerage.
Old 2023-07-17, 14:59   Link #70
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Why would she be banned from participating in Rating Games?
I was thinking that maybe the others random high class devils could be too afraid of her team and think that isn't fair have to fight again a team made of monsters.

Rias, Akeno, Koneko, Kiba and Loup can still fight in regular RG but someone like Issei who is already a Super Devil that have beat god-class beings and Gasper that can be one of 5 most powerful Longinus's users and a future Super Devil in my opinion would be consider too much for the regulars RG.

Quote:
Akeno, Kiba, and Koneko are monsters as well.
Sure Akeno, Kiba and Koneko are something of not average at all among devils but for the moment they are just above regulars Ultimate Class. I would consider them less monster that Diehauser that is a Maou Class who has defeated even gods in the Azazel Cup.

Quote:
You seem to think that the knight and bishop are going to be Longinus possessors. I just want them to have some uniquely strong abilities like Bennia or Loup Garou. I don't want them to just have some slap-on ability like being super fast because Kiba already had that or being very powerful in the use of one element because Akeno pretty much has that.
Understood, I see your point here.

You know I was thinking considering that we already Kiba as the one that is dangerous because his speed, various kind of swords and technique and tactics, Xenovia that is focus on the holy power, raw power and defense and Bennia that is special cause she is very unique knight because she is a grim reaper then what kind of special characteristics Rias's new knight should have for be special?

Writting a new character from the 0 and make him/her interesting despite how many characters the story already have seem a hard task at this point after all those years.

Quote:
Just have them join Saji's peerage.
Lol, in that case Saji would have a role bigger than what he could actually have in future

I almost hope it will happened..
Old 2023-07-17, 16:43   Link #71
Lucidrago

By your logic Diehauser would be banned from the regular Rating Games because ordinary high-class devils don't stand a chance against him.

Issei is Rias's ONLY pawn. She had to use all 8 of her pawn pieces to reincarnate him. While his growth. Is very abnormal even among Longinus possessors he is still a part of Rias's peerage. If the problem is that they're too powerful they can put some limitations on Rias's team )ike Issei not being able to use DxD against certain teams. Look at the Rias vs Sona match in Volume 5 and the limitations Rias and her peerage had back then. But banning her peerage from the Rating Games outright is just unfair when she started out with the same set of evil pieces that everyone else had and used them accordingly.

I will agree that creating interesting characters at this point seems hard for Ishibumi at this point. He seems to be running short on creativity and originality. The last character that he introduced that was kind of interesting was Nero Raimondi(Uriel's Ace). The rest are just meh and just are copies of other characters either personality-wise or ability-wise.
Old 2023-07-17, 16:53   Link #72
Dareal_truth

Yea he lost all creativity do to his health I would say ingvild if she came earlier and her background would be fresh out explored more
Dareal_truth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-17, 21:03   Link #73
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Yea he lost all creativity do to his health I would say ingvild if she came earlier and her background would be fresh out explored more
Moving this over to the other topics thread if you don't mind.
Old 2023-07-18, 04:12   Link #74
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
By your logic Diehauser would be banned from the regular Rating Games because ordinary high-class devils don't stand a chance against him.
Nope, in my opinion Diehauser's case is different from the one of Issei.

I mean Diehauser despite his power for the moment isn't consider to be a Super Devil. He is very special but not much like Issei.

Issei already is recognized a Super Devil, in future he would the fight beings that are even above GR.

Quote:
Issei is Rias's ONLY pawn. She had to use all 8 of her pawn pieces to reincarnate him. While his growth. Is very abnormal even among Longinus possessors he is still a part of Rias's peerage. If the problem is that they're too powerful they can put some limitations on Rias's team )ike Issei not being able to use DxD against certain teams.

Honestly I think he would be authorized using the DXD again no one team in the regular RG since the CXC already is Maou Class and maybe it could be God Class in Eevie's war. Also we don't know how Issei's further growth would be.

Maybe cause the Ophis and GR's powers that could influenced more and more his body and soul he could be able to beat a Maou just with BXB, in the Shin DXD 2 it was said that his base is High Class so who know how strong his base and his BXB could be after having further explored his potential. In future he could be able to fight beings under Maou Class by just the Dragonfication.

Quote:
I will agree that creating interesting characters at this point seems hard for Ishibumi at this point. He seems to be running short on creativity and originality. The last character that he introduced that was kind of interesting was Nero Raimondi(Uriel's Ace). The rest are just meh and just are copies of other characters either personality-wise or ability-wise.
I hope that he wouldn't introduced too much new characters unless they wouldn't use just for the peerages of this thread. The series already have too many characters and he still have to introduced the Eevie's army, the others unnamed Malebranche and the possible new members of Issei's harem to would use for the peerage.
Old 2023-07-18, 15:48   Link #75
Dareal_truth

Ish doesn’t care too much about his Dragonfication side sadly which is a big waste if dragon gate came earlier he could’ve train that in the space
Old 2023-07-18, 18:14   Link #76
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dareal_truth View Post
Ish doesn’t care too much about his Dragonfication side sadly which is a big waste if dragon gate came earlier he could’ve train that in the space
What would be the point? Would it make his DxD G form stronger? The Boosted Gear is his main source of strength not the body he has. There are less than 10 people right now who are a match for Issei at full power. Why would he need to train by turning into a dragon?

Regalzerva, his two direct underlings who are Dragon God-level, Vali, Crom Cruach, Shiva, Indra, Ajuka Beelzebub, and Balberith. Those they aren't in the world or are in the Isolation Barrier Field don't count. Those are the only ones who could stand a chance or defeat Issei outright.

So what would dragonification do for him at this point? Plus he's proven he can already turn some of his body parts into a dragon in Volume 14 and 18.
Old 2023-07-18, 19:08   Link #77
Dareal_truth

Quote:
What would be the point? Would it make his DxD G form stronger? The Boosted Gear is his main source of strength not the body he has. There are less than 10 people right now who are a match for Issei at full power. Why would he need to train by turning into a dragon?

Regalzerva, his two direct underlings who are Dragon God-level, Vali, Crom Cruach, Shiva, Indra, Ajuka Beelzebub, and Balberith. Those they aren't in the world or are in the Isolation Barrier Field don't count. Those are the only ones who could stand a chance or defeat Issei outright.

So what would dragonification do for him at this point? Plus he's proven he can already turn some of his body parts into a dragon in Volume 14 and 18.

Because it counter parallel to vali since his all talent reliant on his demonic heritage, a situation where ise can train Gr powers, if his BG goes off Example if he’s fighting a Hindu god and somehow he nulls his booster gear he would have to fall out on his dragonic side. I’m not saying his base should be SD with his dragonic side mainly him unlocking/ new abilities on his dragonic side and uploading it to his Booster gear I remember correctly he use it like one time against the magicians.
Old 2023-07-28, 13:40   Link #78
Dareal_truth

So we all agree ish will make ise babysit Verrine and balberth
Old 2023-07-30, 15:30   Link #79
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

I was thinking it could be possible that Brynhildr from Vol 25 could return and be the Knight or Bishop of Rias or Xenovia's knight if Ishi hasn't forgot about her?
Old 2023-07-30, 16:02   Link #80
Xuanwu

I can't see the need. She's basically served her purpose with Rossweisse and I doubt she's doing anything major again.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote