AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2023-07-08, 05:28   Link #41
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
But then again, we don't know how many Dragon based SG are there in the world, so hard to tell how effective he/she would be if it's just twice critical.
It can be, new Longinus were introduced just lately so maybe Ishi may have some other surprise.

Quote:
Maybe they could have it that, he/she manage to find a piece of Draig/Albion's original flesh and made a weapon from it. Or they did a contract with some Dragons like Asia.
Maybe from a teeth of Albion it could be possible make a dagger that can use his Reduce Poison but for make it possible it would be necessary that the Albion's teeths weren't turn into dust after his death

I dunno about the chance that someone could have make a contract with a dragon.
Hyodou True DXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 07:37   Link #42
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
Yeah, I shouldn't have post it here. My bad.

For me the problem here is considering the JD how many of the former possessors of BG and DD has living enough to having childrens and so descendents? Perhaps all previous wielders of BG and DD were too much focus on their power for care to have a family.

However is a interesting idea.
Ddraig said there was a possessor who slept with a different woman every night.

Assuming almost all of the possessors were fully human and they had sex with mostly humans, it's plausible there would be some descendants out there.

I thought about Belzatd having a descendant who could join Rias's peerage. But the power scaling has increased way too much for me to believe a regular Sacred Gear possessor would be relevant at this point in the story, hence why Ishibuni introduced those new Longinus.

I have this feeling that Rias's new knight and bishop will both be female and be in Issei's harem.

How about the person Sona was originally intending to make her knight? Did it say whether they were male or female of it didn't say? They could be Rias's new knight. Maybe a kenjutsu or ninjutsu practitioner.

I still feel like Ishibuni should make Sefaira Rias's new bishop and make her a non-combatant like Asia. It wouldn't stop her from being in the harem. Like maybe have her abilities be focused around healing, purification, barriers, and enhancing the power of those around her.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 07:57   Link #43
B214

I can see Ishibumi trolling Ise by having Rias' new members be handsome males so Ise can be jealous a bit
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 08:11   Link #44
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Ddraig said there was a possessor who slept with a different woman every night.
I have forgot about this detail

Quote:
I thought about Belzatd having a descendant who could join Rias's peerage. But the power scaling has increased way too much for me to believe a regular Sacred Gear possessor would be relevant at this point in the story, hence why Ishibuni introduced those new Longinus.
Maybe the descendants of the formers BG's wielders are stronger than regular humans, perhaps the possible Belzatd's descendant could have a SG related with dragons, he could have a big affinity with his SG because he have the genes of someone who has host Ddraig's soul. Maybe he could see Issei as mentor and model, but now that I think about it we already have Gasper, Nakiri and Bova for that role.

Quote:
I have this feeling that Rias's new knight and bishop will both be female and be in Issei's harem.
For what concern the bishop she could be the witch that was a member of Shooting Star team in the Azazel Cup, I dunno about the a female knight.
Old 2023-07-08, 08:18   Link #45
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
How about the person Sona was originally intending to make her knight? Did it say whether they were male or female of it didn't say? They could be Rias's new knight. Maybe a kenjutsu or ninjutsu practitioner.
It wasn't confirmed that Sona's new knight was Bennia?

Quote:
I still feel like Ishibuni should make Sefaira Rias's new bishop and make her a non-combatant like Asia. It wouldn't stop her from being in the harem. Like maybe have her abilities be focused around healing, purification, barriers, and enhancing the power of those around her.
I think that Sefaria could end up in Issei's peerage cause both the fact that Issei's mutated rook was said to be a mutation piece in the same volume in which she was introduced could not be coincidence and that her situation in which the Eevie are looking for her seem to be that kind of situation in which Issei save the girl and so make her fall in love with him.

Quote:
I can see Ishibumi trolling Ise by having Rias' new members be handsome males so Ise can be jealous a bit
I hope not cause in past we already have Kiba for that role and Issei already have too many problems.

Also in the story there are already too many Issei's rivals, the poor Saji know what I mean
Old 2023-07-08, 08:37   Link #46
B214

Just have Rias' new rook & knight be husband & wife then. Easy, no need to see anyone suffer.

Last thing i want to see is shipping wars again. Like Valerie is too "old" for Gasper yet the same group of people saying this ships Ise & Gabriel....
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 09:06   Link #47
Lucidrago

Quote:
Ishibuni already does that by having all the prominent males like Kiba, Vali, Sairaorg, and Cao Cao being very handsome. It's kind of a running joke in this series. Plus she already has a handsome knight and a very cute bishop. Kind of would like originality. But then again, so would them being beautiful females joining the harem lack originality.

You do remember that Loup Garou has already filled Rias's vacant rook position?

When you said married couple, I just thought of Claude and Lina from The Aristocrat's Otherworldly Adventure. Fits too as he's a swordsman and she's a mage.

I was more thinking about the fact that Kiba and Gasper both being biologically male would mean that her other knight and bishop would be females. Like Koneko and Loup Garou both being Rias's rooks.

There's an argument about Valerie being with Gasper? Personally I don't care for Valerie and would prefer the relationship stay platonic but that argument about their age gap is stupid.

@Hyodou True DxD Just because Issei's rook being a mutation piece was revealed in the same volume that Sefaira appeared in doesn't mean the two are going to be directly connected. By that same logic we can say that Meredith will be Issei's new rook as well.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2023-07-08 at 09:33.
Old 2023-07-08, 09:55   Link #48
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
@Hyodou True DxD Just because Issei's rook being a mutation piece was revealed in the same volume that Sefaira appeared in doesn't mean the two are going to be directly connected. By that same logic we can say that Meredith will be Issei's new rook as well.

@ Lucidrago I understand what you mean here but Sefaria's role as Seraselbes's miko, the fact that she cam from another world and the Eevie are looking for her in my opinion seem to make her too much special for end up be just be part of Rias's peerage by reincarnated with a normal bishop piece.

Well I have to admit that in past I have really make some wrong predictions:

I was thinking that Ravel's Volume would have been Issei vs Ruval in the Azazel Cup

I was thinking that Crom Cruach and Strada could have been defeat by Balberith and Issei would have awake the GR's power for beat him.

And in Top Of That I was think that Verrine could have been either Issei's Queen or his 8 pawns

Ishi could give me another bad surprise

Last edited by Hyodou True DXD; 2023-07-08 at 10:05.
Old 2023-07-08, 10:17   Link #49
Xuanwu

Quote:
Meredith wasn't a damsel in distress though. Based on how Ishibumi has written so far,* it's very likely that they'll be connected.

* The only exception is Valerie, I believe.
Xuanwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 11:12   Link #50
Dareal_truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyodou True DXD View Post
@ Lucidrago I understand what you mean here but Sefaria's role as Seraselbes's miko, the fact that she cam from another world and the Eevie are looking for her in my opinion seem to make her too much special for end up be just be part of Rias's peerage by reincarnated with a normal bishop piece.

Well I have to admit that in past I have really make some wrong predictions:

I was thinking that Ravel's Volume would have been Issei vs Ruval in the Azazel Cup

I was thinking that Crom Cruach and Strada could have been defeat by Balberith and Issei would have awake the GR's power for beat him.

And in Top Of That I was think that Verrine could have been either Issei's Queen or his 8 pawns

Ishi could give me another bad surprise

Ravel option would've been perfect

Last edited by Dareal_truth; 2023-07-08 at 14:35.
Dareal_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-08, 16:37   Link #51
cyberdemon

I still say Rias will reincarnate Tosca. A knight duo that both attacks and defends would be poetic. She would’ve been better as a rook but that position has already been filled. Depending on her potential affinity for magic, bishop could also work. Hide behind her shields while spamming magic at the opponent.
Old 2023-07-08, 16:58   Link #52
Xuanwu

Tosca's barriers place her in suspended animation. If she develops, it would be a waste if all it amounted to in combat was just a normal barrier.

But yeah, she's a valid option for Rias until Kiba gets his Evil Pieces.
Old 2023-07-08, 17:37   Link #53
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xuanwu View Post
Meredith wasn't a damsel in distress though. Based on how Ishibumi has written so far,* it's very likely that they'll be connected.
Indeed, right because that she is damsel in distress that I think that she could join Issei's peerage, saves girls and get their heart is basically Issei's life.
Old 2023-07-08, 19:03   Link #54
cyberdemon

Quote:
Tosca's barriers place her in suspended animation. If she develops, it would be a waste if all it amounted to in combat was just a normal barrier.

But yeah, she's a valid option for Rias until Kiba gets his Evil Pieces.
That’s more of a desperate out of control variety. With proper training she could place shields over herself or her Allies. Possibly even barriers that while hindering her Allies could also make them invulnerable while active. Perfect for tanking attacks that could otherwise kill which would come in handy while facing the evies that took down great red.

It Could work well with Rose towards creating a barrier to seal Trihexa as well. I see her becoming much more important in the coming future.
Old 2023-07-08, 19:54   Link #55
Lucidrago

We're assuming that Tosca's Sacred Gear will be useful for combat rather than just acting as a plot device for the reason she managed to survive the poison that killed all of the other children.
The level of power scaling in this series has increased to the point that unless your potential is at least upper-tier Ultimate-class devil, you're pretty much worthless in this series.

There's no indication that Ishibuni even intends to make her a combatant and we have seen nothing of her Sacred Gear as of yet. She would need some kind of a huge power boost to even be relevant at this stage of the story. Because it seems that any Sacred Gear not a Longinus is redundant at this point and some of the Longinus are even redundant at this point.

Not to mention that Rias tends to recruit very exceptional servants. I'll admit that Kiba and Asia were just ordinary humans born with regular Sacred Gears but that was at the very beginning of DxD when the power scaling at least made an ounce of sense. But putting a regular Sacred Gear possessor in her peerage now that we aren't even sure had any useful combat capabilities other than her barrier-type Sacred Gear which we haven't even seen her use once so far is kind of pointless.

@cyberdemon If Kiba was going to get evil pieces, then why didn't he choose to receive them like some of the others when he was promoted to high-class devil? I don't believe Ishibuni intends to give Kiba a peerage otherwise he would have gotten his pieces in Shin Volume 4.
Old 2023-07-08, 22:01   Link #56
cyberdemon

Quote:
We're assuming that Tosca's Sacred Gear will be useful for combat rather than just acting as a plot device for the reason she managed to survive the poison that killed all of the other children.
The level of power scaling in this series has increased to the point that unless your potential is at least upper-tier Ultimate-class devil, you're pretty much worthless in this series.

There's no indication that Ishibuni even intends to make her a combatant and we have seen nothing of her Sacred Gear as of yet. She would need some kind of a huge power boost to even be relevant at this stage of the story. Because it seems that any Sacred Gear not a Longinus is redundant at this point and some of the Longinus are even redundant at this point.

Not to mention that Rias tends to recruit very exceptional servants. I'll admit that Kiba and Asia were just ordinary humans born with regular Sacred Gears but that was at the very beginning of DxD when the power scaling at least made an ounce of sense. But putting a regular Sacred Gear possessor in her peerage now that we aren't even sure had any useful combat capabilities other than her barrier-type Sacred Gear which we haven't even seen her use once so far is kind of pointless.

@cyberdemon If Kiba was going to get evil pieces, then why didn't he choose to receive them like some of the others when he was promoted to high-class devil? I don't believe Ishibuni intends to give Kiba a peerage otherwise he would have gotten his pieces in Shin Volume 4.
I simply think that rias is the most likely to reincarnate Tosca. If Kiba chooses to attain his pieces later then that is one thing but otherwise she is the best option for her new knight
Old 2023-07-09, 02:08   Link #57
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I simply think that rias is the most likely to reincarnate Tosca. If Kiba chooses to attain his pieces later then that is one thing but otherwise she is the best option for her new knight

I thought so too but the bigger question is why hasn't Rias' gone and made Tosca her servant yet? Tosca was introduced in Volume 19 and Rias' has had vacant slots in her peerage since Volume 22. Based on how many characters there are in the series, it would make no sense for Ishibuni to drag his feet on the issue if making Tosca Rias's servant was his intention.

If makjng her Kiba's servant was his intention, he would have given Kiba evil pieces. There would be no reason for Kiba to get them later unless Ishibuni had a sudden change of heart.

He's either entirely forgotten about Tosca or he's giving her the Valerie treatment and doesn't really care for her character besides being there for Kiba.

I really shouldn't be saying some of this as I was speculating earlier that Kunou would become Issei's servant. Makes me kind of hypocritical.
Old 2023-07-09, 04:19   Link #58
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
I really shouldn't be saying some of this as I was speculating earlier that Kunou would become Issei's servant. Makes me kind of hypocritical.
@ Lucidrago for Kunou it would have sense became a Issei's servant, in this way she could get more close to Issei, Ophis and Lilith.

I was thinking that maybe Issei wouldn't complete his peerage in the near future, but if there would be a time skip a teenager Kunou could take some of her pawns.

Well is just hypothesis which I myself doubt.
Old 2023-07-09, 06:34   Link #59
Xuanwu

We really don't need many more new characters but I wonder if Ishibumi would really skip the process for Issei's peerage.

Best case scenario, if we don't think many characters should be introduced, would be (perhaps) Sefaira for mutation rook and someone else for the eight Pawn pieces.

How about that servant of Chichigami that Issei made contact with?
Old 2023-07-09, 07:56   Link #60
Hyodou True DXD
Hyodou True DXD .

Quote:
How about that servant of Chichigami that Issei made contact with?
It could be that she would take all of 8 Issei's pawns but if she is a goddess then? The evil pieces shouldn't be able to turn god-like beings into devils but since we are talking about Issei it could happened.

Perhaps Chichigami's servant is like the Valkyrie and the Grim Reapers, semi-deity being I mean but perhaps much more stronger cause the beings of EXE's world could more powerful of the ones of DXD.

I have hear that Ishi on Twitter said he want a Elf and a Cyborg/Android in Issei's harem so perhaps the Elf could be Sefaria or Chichigami's servant while the Cyborg/Android maybe even a Eevie..