AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-03-21, 07:18   Link #81
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Bishop=Enhanced magical power

Knight=Enhanced speed

Rook=Enhanced offense and defense

Queen=Bishop, Knight, and Rook combined

Pawn=Ability to promote to bishop, knight, rook, or queen once they reach enemy territory or with king's permission.

I just asked you how the rook piece in any way helps Le Fay with summoning creatures. That's all. You take almost everything the wrong way and tend to be rude most of the time and refuse to hear the opinions of others.
Your opinions I don't really care for because your wrong the majority of the time. But I must be wrong about summoning in Rating Games I thought the summoned monster takes on the Evil Piece of the summoner. I guess I was wrong? Also never said anything about giving her a Rook or Knight piece so don't know how that got brought up? I said a Pawn piece is just as fine as a Bishop I'm still saying that

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-22 at 11:17.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 07:23   Link #82
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Yes, he could.

Issei vaporized a mountain. As in it ceased to exist. A nuclear bomb might be able to collapse the top of an average mountain by detonating on the surface, or shatter part of it by detonating inside. But vaporizing something requires exponentially more energy than either of those. No human weapon possesses a tenth of that firepower.
How can a mountain cease to exist consider it's not a living being?

Again you're still saying the power output of Issei's Dragon Shot in Volume 2 surpasses that of a nuclear warhead and the only evidence you're using is that he was able to vaporize earth. But again can he destroy a city with that blast? If not then the power output doesn't come close to that of a nuclear warhead.

Again you're still trying to say that Issei contains more firepower in base than a nuclear warhead. Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 07:38   Link #83
TommyG

Lucidrago, for what it's worth according to Google Japan is 145,936.53 square miles, 1 20 megaton nuclear bomb can destroy 2500 square miles of land so 145,936.53 divided by 2500 is roughly 59 nuclear bombs. According to Sona Serafall's sparkles could destroy Japan. I'm inclined to believe that if her sparkles alone could destroy Japan, then the supernatural world is considerably more powerful than the United States.
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 07:41   Link #84
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Illustrations: https://imgur.com/a/b2bqSCf

@Lucidrago I do have some info about Superhero Trial but it is from the Japanese wikia so it is more about the characters and read using google translate so it might not be 100% correct so also take it with a grain of salt.

Spoiler for Superhero Trial:
Old 2019-03-21, 07:50   Link #85
XFire
150% done

Quote:
How can a mountain cease to exist consider it's not a living being?
You...

You realize non-organic stuff exists, right?

Like, rocks exist. They aren't illusions. What?

Quote:
Again you're still saying the power output of Issei's Dragon Shot in Volume 2 surpasses that of a nuclear warhead and the only evidence you're using is that he was able to vaporize earth. But again can he destroy a city with that blast? If not then the power output doesn't come close to that of a nuclear warhead.
I'm struggling to phrase this in a way that doesnt sound like I'm insulting your intelligence, but are you under the impression it takes more energy to destroy a city, a collection of buildings, than a billion tonnes of solid rock?

If you detonated the worlds largest nuclear warhead against the side of an average mountain, it would at most take a chuck out of its side. Issei vaporized it. As in it was gone. The energy required to do that is exponentially higher than would be required to simply shatter it, and a nuke wouldn't even manage that.

To put numbers to that, the largest bomb ever made had a yield of fifty megatons. To actually vaporize a mountain, it would require nearly a gigaton of energy.

Quote:
Again you're still trying to say that Issei contains more firepower in base than a nuclear warhead. Do you hear how ridiculous that sounds?
He.

Vaporized.

A.

Mountain.

No human weapon can come even close to that.
Old 2019-03-21, 08:02   Link #86
XFire
150% done

Also, since it seems some people are making some assumptions about nuclear bombs...
  • nuclear bombs don't vaporize stuff. Even when dropped in the middle of a city they leave rubble
  • The actual "explosion" part of a nuke is only a hundred meters or so at best. The "blast radius" is a giant shockwave made of air
  • "Blast radius" does not mean everything inside said radius is vaporized, it's how far a shockwave travels before ceasing to be meaningful

If you were on the other side of a mountain when a nuke went off, it wouldn't reach you in the slightest. The heat blast wouldn't penetrate, the shockwave would ricochet off the side, and the fallout would be blocked.
Old 2019-03-21, 08:06   Link #87
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@XFire and @Lucidrago Both of you are getting off topic now so probably best move this talk to another thread.
Old 2019-03-21, 09:04   Link #88
Lucidrago

I'll just say this. If the human world is almost exactly the same in DxD as the real world and they have made numerous advances in technology like we have through the years, it's really not far-fetched that the human world can research and create defenses against supernatural threats. It's not a guarantee that they can do it but that's why the U.S. sent Magnus to gather Intel on certain supernatural species. Just because they have never done it doesn't mean it can't be done. Especially with current technology that even those in the supernatural world uses.

I'm just surprised that Ishibumi would even mix in the major powers of the human world. I guessed that the higher-ups of the human world knew of the supernatural power. And certain humans and human organizations(non-supernatural) had dealings with the supernatural world. But it's interesting that Ishibumi would include the major powers of the human world and how they're dealing with the supernatural world and certain occurrences that have reached far into the human world like Trihexa.

I'm just glad we finally have an American.

Maybe Alphecca Tyrant is like Incinerate Anthem in which it chooses its wielder. Or the British royal family have kept it in their possession for centuries except that it hasn't chosen a possessor for the longest so the Grigori has had little chance to observe it as a Sacred Gear and see if it's Longinus-class until recently.

I wonder if the possessor of Alphecca Tyrant is male or female.

Feel bad about Ruval's car though.
Old 2019-03-21, 09:12   Link #89
XFire
150% done

Again, the idea that a human nation would be able to massively outpace the Grigori in terms of scientific advancement makes zero sense.

Modern technology is far below the capabilities of even a human wizard it's not funny. Any high-class devil and their peerage could run roughshod over the military power of our world.
Old 2019-03-21, 09:33   Link #90
Tacbon

@CCPDarkraiRules can you gave a link for DxD japanese wikia?
Tacbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 10:43   Link #91
Emperor of D.

From what I saw of spoilers, Riser is looking for his new bishop but Rias can't help him because it would be seen as a scandal. I don't understand how it can be seen as a scandal if she helps him find a bishop.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 10:56   Link #92
bluestahli1

Team vali is starting to become a hotspot for ancient hero loli descendants, excluding that the red lizard has various lolis in his side.
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 17:32   Link #93
Parry999

Other then the ancient celtic UK gods who are dead, Grigori basically are the top in the world in science. The American government would have to be run by wizards to be anywhere near that. Which it's far to late in the game to add something like that.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 19:16   Link #94
Ka-el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
From what I saw of spoilers, Riser is looking for his new bishop but Rias can't help him because it would be seen as a scandal. I don't understand how it can be seen as a scandal if she helps him find a bishop.
Maybe it’s just an excuse Rias used to avoid helping him in finding another harem member of his peerage.

Anyway, I think that if Le Fay will become a devil she will be in Vali’s peerage. Considering that Vali is a battle maniac i’m sure he will desire to fight again in RGs in the future, he just have to say that he want his EP, he is an ultimate class devil after all. If the world will finally find peace RGs will be one of the few forms of fights he will have the chance to fight and he won’t miss it. You can say that it would be strange when she could be part of Issei’s peerage but this means nothing because Rias still has Akeno and Koneko that are part of the harem but still with her. Vali could have Kuroka and Le Fay without any problem.
About Le Fay joining Rias I doubt it, i’m sure that 2 of the 3 spots left will be taken by Tosca (for Kiba) and Valerie (for Gasper), no other harem members.

Anyway the term “handle” is quite ambiguous, Arthur has to use the Longinus or he has to fight the one who wields it? In any case no doubt he will success considering how he handled Vasco.
Ka-el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 20:56   Link #95
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Again, the idea that a human nation would be able to massively outpace the Grigori in terms of scientific advancement makes zero sense.

Modern technology is far below the capabilities of even a human wizard it's not funny. Any high-class devil and their peerage could run roughshod over the military power of our world.
That's making a lot of assumptions. Although I'm making a lot of assumptions too.

The Grigori is most likely the most technologically advanced in the supernatural world. But there has been no comparisons to the human world.

For example, has the Grigori created weapons that are capable of mass destruction

How is the technology of the supernatural world in comparison to the human world? You can't just say 'they have magic'. There are most likely a lot of technology the supernatural world uses that originated in the human world.

While the supernatural world has some advantages, we really can't count out the human world as if they are totally behind the supernatural world in terms of science and technology. If the human world in DxD is anything like the real world version, then we would know that's not the case.

Especially when you consider the human world didn't largely have magic to help them along. They still developed technology and weapons they are on par with supernatural powers.
Old 2019-03-21, 21:11   Link #96
The Infinite Dream

Azazel literally made a Ufo because he was bored, and we still have problems making airplanes. They make gundams and transformers for the heck of it and we still cant even produce a relatively good robot. Their cloning technology is leaps and bounds further than us. We can completely rule out the human worlds science against theirs. The only way theyd be able to catch up to the supernatural world in dxd is with the help of supernatural people.
The Infinite Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 21:50   Link #97
bluestahli1

What a nice illustration of Big and little sisters... oh wait-....

Spoiler:

Last edited by bluestahli1; 2019-03-21 at 22:25.
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-21, 22:40   Link #98
XFire
150% done

Quote:
That's making a lot of assumptions. Although I'm making a lot of assumptions too.

The Grigori is most likely the most technologically advanced in the supernatural world. But there has been no comparisons to the human world.

For example, has the Grigori created weapons that are capable of mass destruction

How is the technology of the supernatural world in comparison to the human world? You can't just say 'they have magic'. There are most likely a lot of technology the supernatural world uses that originated in the human world.

While the supernatural world has some advantages, we really can't count out the human world as if they are totally behind the supernatural world in terms of science and technology. If the human world in DxD is anything like the real world version, then we would know that's not the case.

Especially when you consider the human world didn't largely have magic to help them along. They still developed technology and weapons they are on par with supernatural powers.
Bruh.

The Grigori developed a robot that runs on an abstract emotion, developed a teleportation device that can cross dimensions, recreated literal miracles, can create localized dimensional pockets at will, and generally tell all known laws of physics to screw themselves.

In terms of transportation, medicine, weaponry, communications, manufacturing, and literally every other aspect society affected by technology they completely outstrip humanity.

The human world doesn't come remotely close to them technologically. Comparing them is like saying "They had slings 3000 years ago and those slings killed from a distance, so clearly they were as technologically advanced as a society with sniper rifles".
Old 2019-03-21, 22:47   Link #99
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
Maybe it's because they were engaged?
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-22, 02:43   Link #100
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B214 View Post
Maybe it's because they were engaged?
We're but everyone knows Rias broke that off and everyone know her relationship with Issei.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote