AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2023-12-22, 12:48   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It took me right up until the ending to realize this took place before Psycho-Pass 3.

Which means everything will be moving towards that ending I liked.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-22, 19:52   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It took me right up until the ending to realize this took place before Psycho-Pass 3.

Which means everything will be moving towards that ending I liked.
It was the opposite for me. I kept waiting to find out what Akane did to end up imprisoned, and as the movie was wrapping up I felt cheated they never told us. And then, BANG! It happened. That was a very bold and smart move. Sadly, I don't remember enough of S3 to tell whether her action had a lasting impact on society. I only remember what happened two years ago being a mystery and Akane getting out at the end.
Old 2023-12-24, 13:04   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I would assume the reason the dominator did not work on Akane is because she did not see herself as going against Sibyl.
Old 2023-12-24, 19:13   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I would assume the reason the dominator did not work on Akane is because she did not see herself as going against Sibyl.
It's because she's criminally asymptomatic, as has been hinted many times. I guess Kasei being an android and her knowing that may have helped.
Old 2023-12-25, 05:07   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well I already explained long ago why I don't buy that whole "she's criminally asymptomatic" narrative. And I still do not think it applies here, not without any evidence.
Old 2023-12-30, 17:15   Link #46
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It was the opposite for me. I kept waiting to find out what Akane did to end up imprisoned, and as the movie was wrapping up I felt cheated they never told us. And then, BANG! It happened. That was a very bold and smart move. Sadly, I don't remember enough of S3 to tell whether her action had a lasting impact on society. I only remember what happened two years ago being a mystery and Akane getting out at the end.
I'm halfway with you there. It took me way too long to figure out that this was happening before Season 3 and, when I got there, I was waiting for the shoe to drop so we could finally figure out what happened to Akane. When it finally did it made up for the rest of the movie for me.

Not that it was a bad movie, mind. But it was mostly spectacle with not much substance there. Sure, we got the backstory to Shindo's dad but the MacGuffin of the entire movie, the papers, ended up not really amounting to much of anything.

Still it was a brilliant move to have Akane basically sacrifice herself in the most public fashion possible to make a point that Sibyl isn't infallible and that the justice system is still needed. However, like you, I also don't remember most of anything from S3 so I have no idea if her sacrifice amounted to anything. Maybe I should rewatch season 3 now? I feel like, were I to have seen this movie first, I wouldn't have been so cold on that season.
Old 2023-12-30, 17:20   Link #47
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't remember the whole thing, but PP3 had a pretty upbeat ending, where the necessity of the human element in governance was accepted by both the public and Sibyl.
Old 2023-12-30, 17:34   Link #48
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I'm halfway with you there. It took me way too long to figure out that this was happening before Season 3 and, when I got there, I was waiting for the shoe to drop so we could finally figure out what happened to Akane. When it finally did it made up for the rest of the movie for me.

Not that it was a bad movie, mind. But it was mostly spectacle with not much substance there. Sure, we got the backstory to Shindo's dad but the MacGuffin of the entire movie, the papers, ended up not really amounting to much of anything.

Still it was a brilliant move to have Akane basically sacrifice herself in the most public fashion possible to make a point that Sibyl isn't infallible and that the justice system is still needed. However, like you, I also don't remember most of anything from S3 so I have no idea if her sacrifice amounted to anything. Maybe I should rewatch season 3 now? I feel like, were I to have seen this movie first, I wouldn't have been so cold on that season.
Got me it was the opposite actually. I liked the Season 3 (I know a lot of people complain because it has new cast and different tone, so "it looks like a different story shoehorned into the setting") and I find watching the movie after and getting answers to a whole bunh of questions rised in S3 way better as getting this movie as introduction to S3.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-30, 19:48   Link #49
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
The papers were following the same plot point that was caused by the ending of Season 1 and has been explored ever since then.

Makishima almost destroying Japan singlehandedly frightened Sibyl into trying to expand outside into other countries in order to protect themselves. They tried engineering their own coup in the movie but that failed. The papers are basically a refinement of that method.

Quote:
Considering how important the governor election in Season 3 was to Bifrost as a way to create a new backdoor into Sibyl through getting them to treat AIs as citizens then yeah, it had a huge effect. You could say Season 3 wouldn't have happened without it.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 06:41   Link #50
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Unlike the 2014 movie, this movie tried giving us much Akane and Kogami team up as possible.

Wow.... this was the most depressing Psycho-Pass I've ever seen.
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2024-02-08, 06:42   Link #51
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
https://vgmdb.net/album/129226

Found the OST tracklist. Has two discs in it.

Not sure if I'm gonna dive into it.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-02-08, 10:33   Link #52
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
Unlike the 2014 movie, this movie tried giving us much Akane and Kogami team up as possible.

Wow.... this was the most depressing Psycho-Pass I've ever seen.
Spoiler for ending:
I dunno, from a character standpoint it's sad, but we know that's going to end up well in Season 3. From a wider standpoint I'd say it's very optimistic.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote