AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-03-29, 07:41   Link #1661
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazor 98 View Post
Sucks about Saji's past. It's like everyone besides Issei had a sad past.
Thats true I thought about too after reading this, even his parents. But I don't think Rias, Rose, Xenovia, and Irina had sad pasts. Not to mention they seem to be much happier sense meeting him.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 08:37   Link #1662
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Thats true I thought about too after reading this, even his parents. But I don't think Rias, Rose, Xenovia, and Irina had sad pasts. Not to mention they seem to be much happier sense meeting him.
Xenovia grew up in a very strict environment without knowing anything other than battle for god. She's was basically raised as a weapon for the church. Rossweisse only issue was her obsession with being single. Rias was spoiled but she also grew up in strict environment and she hated how she was forced into a political marriage. Not to mention she was overshadowed because of being Sirzech little sister.

Irina is pretty much the closest person to have a normal childhood like Issei.
Blazor 98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 09:17   Link #1663
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Xenovia grew up in a very strict environment without knowing anything other than battle for god. She's was basically raised as a weapon for the church. Rossweisse only issue was her obsession with being single. Rias was spoiled but she also grew up in strict environment and she hated how she was forced into a political marriage. Not to mention she was overshadowed because of being Sirzech little sister.

Irina is pretty much the closest person to have a normal childhood like Issei.
None of that is sad . Akeno's past is sad losing her mother and her family trying to kill her because of her bloodline, Kiba's, past is sad having all your friends die in front of you and having survivors remorse. Koneko, Gasper, and Asia past are sad. Xenovia was just raised a warrior by the church nothing sad about that, There is nothing sad at all about Rias past she's a princess she has lived a privileged life, Rossweisse being single any sad?
Old 2019-03-29, 09:23   Link #1664
Blazor 98

Quote:
None of that is sad . Akeno's past is sad losing her mother and her family trying to kill her because of her bloodline, Kiba's, past is sad having all your friends die in front of you and having survivors remorse. Koneko, Gasper, and Asia past are sad. Xenovia was just raised a warrior by the church nothing sad about that, There is nothing sad at all about Rias past she's a princess she has lived a privileged life, Rossweisse being single any sad?
Let me rephrase that. They didn't have a sad past but they had a rough upbringing which is why I said Irina was one person who had the closest to a normal childhood.
Old 2019-03-29, 09:35   Link #1665
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Let me rephrase that. They didn't have a sad past but they had a rough upbringing which is why I said Irina was one person who had the closest to a normal childhood.
We were talking about sad past not rough upbringing, if they don't have a sad past then its irrelevant to the discussion.
Old 2019-03-29, 09:44   Link #1666
bluestahli1

Here we go, the great discussion about defining how exactly does a sad backstory makes it... 'sad'
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 09:49   Link #1667
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluestahli1 View Post
Here we go, the great discussion about defining how exactly does a sad backstory makes it... 'sad'
A sad past is pretty clear cut doesn't need discussion.
Old 2019-03-29, 10:21   Link #1668
Lucidrago

Quote:
Reading up to the fight both of them making the selfish request to fight each other. It was pretty obvious how it was going to go. I think you missed the point of the fight, and why he had them fight that way. I think the author did a good job of conveying that before the fight and during the fight.
I just don't agree with Ishibumi making Saji a Sairaorg 2.0. And their fight largely being a knock-off of Issei's and Sairaorg's fight from Volume 10.

The motivation and anger of the both of them, I can easily understand. Everything was good up until the actual fight which was really bad in my view. As Saji exchanging hundreds of punches with Issei like he has their offensive power is on the same level doesn't make sense to me.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 10:30   Link #1669
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
I just don't agree with Ishibumi making Saji a Sairaorg 2.0. And their fight largely being a knock-off of Issei's and Sairaorg's fight from Volume 10.

The motivation and anger of the both of them, I can easily understand. Everything was good up until the actual fight which was really bad in my view. As Saji exchanging hundreds of punches with Issei like he has their offensive power is on the same level doesn't make sense to me.
Is it really that unbelievable considering Dulio did the same thing?
Old 2019-03-29, 11:01   Link #1670
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Quote:

Saji has a armor type balance breaker and we know he can take damage. And Issei was in his Crimson Armor when they were trading all the punches. Issei wouldn't be that much stronger than Saji in that form. Once Issei used Deification it took 2 punches to down Saji. So its believable you may not like it but it does make sense.
Old 2019-03-29, 12:09   Link #1671
Blazor 98

Does anyone find it funny how Ise states how he has to work extremely hard due to his lack of talent and yet ever since volume 20, he's been given handouts that was essential to his growth.
Old 2019-03-29, 12:25   Link #1672
Parry999

Quote:
Does anyone find it funny how Ise states how he has to work extremely hard due to his lack of talent and yet ever since volume 20, he's been given handouts that was essential to his growth.
His gotten hand outs threw out the whole series. Ajuka modified his evil pieces and Great Red/Ophis power.
Parry999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 12:34   Link #1673
Hakai

He still needs to work really hard to properly use the powers given to him.
If he was more talented he would have mastered those powers quicker.
Old 2019-03-29, 12:44   Link #1674
Parry999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hakai View Post
He still needs to work really hard to properly use the powers given to him.
If he was more talented he would have mastered those powers quicker.
Even Vali can't master his without Ophis help though
Old 2019-03-29, 12:51   Link #1675
Blazor 98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parry999 View Post
Even Vali can't master his without Ophis help though
Vali growth is mainly through his own talent. His DxD L form is just awakening his own Lucifer potential. He was given power like Ise was when Ophis gave him the power of Infinity.
Old 2019-03-29, 12:56   Link #1676
Parry999

Quote:
Vali growth is mainly through his own talent. His DxD L form is just awakening his own Lucifer potential. He was given power like Ise was when Ophis gave him the power of Infinity.
Doesn't change the fact someone else had to unlock it for him.
Old 2019-03-29, 17:31   Link #1677
Lucidrago

Quote:
They both received blessings in the same way from Ophis. Ophis gave them a final push after the both of them had an emotional change of heart. Sacred Gears respond to emotions and feelings after all and both of them had reached that stage to achieve DxD. Yes Ophis may have gave them her blessing to achieve those forms but Issei and Vali mainly did most of the work to get there.

I just don't like the fact that with them achieving DxD, Ishibumi has made Issei's CCQ and Vali's EJOD kind of worthless. Especially CCQ as it seems that Ishibumi has used every opportunity lately to prove that the form is almost useless now despite Issei being Maou-class while in the form.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 17:47   Link #1678
godz

What level would you give azazel with the artificial sacred gear that made a contract with typhon? That form that I use in dxd EX.
godz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 17:59   Link #1679
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by godz View Post
What level would you give azazel with the artificial sacred gear that made a contract with typhon? That form that I use in dxd EX.
At least Chief God to Heavenly Dragon Class. Since he was able to fight on par with Loki who was a God wearing his own version of Scale Mail that was created by Metal Fenrir.

Question: What do you think that Reya Kusaka & Momo Hanakai Counter Balance are? We know about Tomoe & Nimura's Counter Balance.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-29, 18:36   Link #1680
Parry999

Quote:
They both received blessings in the same way from Ophis. Ophis gave them a final push after the both of them had an emotional change of heart. Sacred Gears respond to emotions and feelings after all and both of them had reached that stage to achieve DxD. Yes Ophis may have gave them her blessing to achieve those forms but Issei and Vali mainly did most of the work to get there.

I just don't like the fact that with them achieving DxD, Ishibumi has made Issei's CCQ and Vali's EJOD kind of worthless. Especially CCQ as it seems that Ishibumi has used every opportunity lately to prove that the form is almost useless now despite Issei being Maou-class while in the form.
When was CxC ever effective against maou and dragon king classes? Without longinus smasher.