4 out of 10 : Poor 1 7.14%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 14.29%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2018-06-11, 19:44   Link #41
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I must admit I find this kind of strange, since just about every other series I've seen with relationships moving in this directions you hear the girl say "please call me ***", or perhaps they hear their last name/title and say their situation/relationship doesn't fit such a mode of address, possibly even accentuating their meaning by addressing the person by name or emphasizing this. Even Akeno specifically told him to address her by her first name. It reminds me of something I saw somewhere, where one person got mad that someone had given their number/email address to "everyone else", never keying in on the fact that everyone else went up and asked directly.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 06:42   Link #42
Lex79

The fact is that Issei already calla the other girls by name, so Rias feels she's behind them. She wants Issei to call her Rias by his own iniziative like he does with the others and not because she asked him to do so.
Lex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-12, 07:20   Link #43
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That's like the woman being angry at her boyfriend being all "But I wanted you to give me flowers without me having to ask you to."

It's unfair to expect somebody to read your mind. Or to expect people to do things when they don't know that you want them to do things. It's incredibly unfair.

I get what she wants, but that doesn't give her the right to treat Issei that way. He may have messed up a few things but there is no way anyone can convince me that Issei got what he deserved here.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-13, 00:40   Link #44
Ultragunner

well to be fair, if someone were in a relationship, they would be expected to do something special for their loved one, be it anniversary or holiday...etc...

HOWEVER, Issei and Rias had only been kouhai-senpai relationship, at best they are “family”, as in under the Gremory’s banner as Rias’ personal peerage. Nothing has been formally established between tye two of them other than ghe master-servant pact.

the whole name thing wasn’t even Issei’s idea in the first place
Old 2018-06-13, 06:14   Link #45
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The fact that she just casually rubbed her boobs in his face from day 1 probably ended up desensitizing him to her actual feelings too.

I also I reject the notion that it’s healthy to just plain expect things from eachother. If you need something, make it clear. If you feel like doing something of your own accord, do it. The best happiness comes not from someone meeting your expectations, but rather from being surprised by the unexpected.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote