AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2016-06-22, 18:19   Link #81
X102reddragon

Timat is someone who I hope will be included more in the story. We know next to nothing about her. Don't know is she's a potential harem candidate, but it'll be good to have more insight on her.
X102reddragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-22, 21:21   Link #82
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
@Osman: you're right.

Other character that should have a rank promotion could be Xenovia think she fact many surprising actions, so it should be a demon of middle class after all.
I have a question anyone has new information about the v22?
Nope, we won't know get any spoilers until July 20 when 22 is released. Until then all we have are the spoilers released a few days ago.

@X102

I feel ya. She's the only Dragon King who hasn't made a true appearance with only a cameo.
Spoiler:
Variabug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 04:13   Link #83
aw454wtr

Judging from EX, Ise does not really participate in RG's. Besides I see no problem for Asia and Xenovia to joins Ise's peerage, if rias needs them for a RG (which Ise would have to participate as her pawn) she could just temporarily trade back asia and xenovia for the RG and trade them back to Ise afterwards.

It's established that Ise cannot have a RG against Rias or have a RG at the same time Rias has a RG due to him always being her pawn, I dont think the rules allow trading yourself with evil pieces

At the very least every member of Rias Peerage and Sairaorg Peerage should be promoted to the next class, they fought directly against Qllipoth to protect the underworld and save the world
aw454wtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 04:47   Link #84
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Aw: Agreed, though I think Ise may have participated in some Rating Game matches independently before having stop due to being too busy. And Rias also seems to retired in EX, hopefully before Ise had matches where he was the King (if he did have any).

@Beast: Like Variabug said. We don't have anything except for the quotes posted in this thread and some words from the author on Twitter or somewhere.

@Variabug: I agree about Tiamat. I really hope we learn more about her.
Old 2016-06-23, 15:00   Link #85
XFire
150% done

Issei in EX literally ate a god and used his arm for a nosepick. Considering the increasingly broken nature of his powers (Penetrate, the flames, two separate god modes) it's unlikely he'd be entering the RG's without being under extremely heavy restrictions save special occasions against people like Vali or maybe Cao Cao (we all know he'll be a good guy, don't fight it).

Besides, his whole schedule is planned out like a century in advance. Between that and being the go-to enforcer for the alliance, he probably doesn't have much time.
Old 2016-06-23, 15:18   Link #86
KnightShade

^that's assuming the future will be exactly the same as EX.
Old 2016-06-23, 18:30   Link #87
Variabug
Professional Lurker

Since the entire point of EX was to keep the future the way it was I think its pretty obvious that the future will be like that.

As for RG participation it was never said that Issei doesn't participate in the games, rather that it is simply very difficult because he is busy. As for Rias we really don't know much other than she retired as head of the Gremory and currently is a successful businesswoman. She might still participate but considering that her most powerful piece is not only a fellow player as well as extremely busy I wouldn't be surprised if her appearances within Rating Games are rare as well. She could have retired after becoming champion since Issei is currently a low-tier Super Devil with no one knowing how strong he'll be at the end of the series no less 30 years in the future.
Old 2016-06-23, 18:41   Link #88
DragonOsman
Dragon King

@Kidstandout: Like Variabug said. I agree with him; the point of EX was to say that the future can't change much, if at all. I only hope Ise in the future can make time for his family.

As for Ise being a fellow player to Rias, that's nothing to worry about; after all, she only has to worry about him being her Pawn and most valuable Piece. They can't fight each other in Rating Games (or at least, I hope they can't).
Old 2016-06-23, 18:51   Link #89
Hakai

Rias' team in the future should be pretty damm strong even without Ise since she'll have Super Devil Gasper.
Kiba, Rias, Akeno and Koneko should reach Ultimate Class as well since Wukong said he'll train them to that level eventually.
As for the replacement of her 3 or 4 pieces I'm sure she'll find strong servants, it was said her talent to gather servants is on per with her brother.

@Osman we really don't know how it works when a servant devil starts his/her own peerage.
If anything the preview implies Rias might have to face Ise in the future
Quote:
When that time comes I shall fight with my all even if you are my opponent. ――<Kiba Yuuto>
Quote:
I am the male of Gremory. If you are going to stand in Rias-buchou’s way then I will defeat anyone regardless of who they are. ――<Gasper Vladi>
Old 2016-06-23, 19:22   Link #90
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variabug View Post
Since the entire point of EX was to keep the future the way it was I think its pretty obvious that the future will be like that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
@Kidstandout: Like Variabug said. I agree with him; the point of EX was to say that the future can't change much, if at all. I only hope Ise in the future can make time for his family.
the point of EX was to prevent loki from meddling with the future.

and the thing is, there is a thing called the butterfly effect. something as simple as interacting with an insect can set off a chain reaction leading to certain events happening. the minute you have future characters interacting with the past in any form, that timeline has effectively changed even if it's too a minor degree. I'm not saying that the entire basis of EX could change as it's clear that it's supposed to be dxd's future, especially with the main book setting up things that directly result in the EX timeline. But i disagree with the idea that it will be exactly the same when there are aspects of EX's timeline we still don't understand.
Old 2016-06-23, 19:32   Link #91
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Issei in EX literally ate a god and used his arm for a nosepick. Considering the increasingly broken nature of his powers (Penetrate, the flames, two separate god modes) it's unlikely he'd be entering the RG's without being under extremely heavy restrictions save special occasions against people like Vali or maybe Cao Cao (we all know he'll be a good guy, don't fight it).

Besides, his whole schedule is planned out like a century in advance. Between that and being the go-to enforcer for the alliance, he probably doesn't have much time.
...Issei in EX is one of the Maou. As such, under the rules we already know, he's not allowed to participate in the Rating Games, period. To participate, Rias would have to "hire", at least, eight "Pawns" to fill in Issei's spot. Sure, some of those could be more-than-one-pawn Pawns, but still.

Oh, and, anyone who's suggesting that Issei make a five (or six) person team (I'm looking at you, Drace028), that'll be TERRIBLE for a Ratings Game Team. Rias's team's already relatively restricted for filling in all the Pawn spots with Issei. I don't care how powerful or Over Powered your selections are, Ratings Games are SUPPOSED to be based around strategy, not raw power, and having the lowest amount of subordinates possible means that there's less possible strategies available. Hell, look at the Dice Figure competition against Sairaorg. Having a team who's lowest value is "6", instead of the more common "1" or "3" gives such huge restrictions that it can't really be called fair anymore. Or in Scramble Flag, limiting your team to the bare limits would mean that it's easier for your opponent to get around your team members.

Basically, it's stupid.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 20:10   Link #92
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

@Darius Drake
Lol... let him (Drace028) be... he just having delusion... that kind of team was too weird for the story or rather that won't happen to this Novel...no matter how many times he pray...
Old 2016-06-23, 20:14   Link #93
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

yeah, let's forget that ridiculous idea.

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 20:50   Link #94
Drace028

LOL
again..
I never said that my idea was for a ratings games team,I know it wont work for a rating games team.
I said that the team I'm imagining for is for something completely different.
Drace028 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 21:07   Link #95
LowCholesterol
Teacher : The Awakening

then for what purpose?
for threathen the rebellous force? as a symbol?

FGO ID : 261,201,342. IGN: Manfred
FGO wishlist : i didn't wish anything but a better gacha rate & luck
LowCholesterol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-23, 22:30   Link #96
Darius Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drace028 View Post
LOL
again..
I never said that my idea was for a ratings games team,I know it wont work for a rating games team.
I said that the team I'm imagining for is for something completely different.
You listed their positions as things like 2xKnight, 8xPawn. Basically, you were suggesting that Issei use his Evil Pieces on them, which would make them his Ratings Games Team.

Also, I only used you as an example as you made a whole team made out of Max-Out-On-One-Person Individuals. Which makes it the best example of what a bad-but-has-power team.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-24, 00:21   Link #97
reinastar
Corrupted Yandere ~^_^~

such an update really nice Onii-Sama and Onee-Sama, I really hope the next villain is really strong and make a severe beat down on team dxd that would be so lovely~
Old 2016-06-24, 00:51   Link #98
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw454wtr View Post
Judging from EX, Ise does not really participate in RG's. Besides I see no problem for Asia and Xenovia to joins Ise's peerage, if rias needs them for a RG (which Ise would have to participate as her pawn) she could just temporarily trade back asia and xenovia for the RG and trade them back to Ise afterwards.

It's established that Ise cannot have a RG against Rias or have a RG at the same time Rias has a RG due to him always being her pawn, I dont think the rules allow trading yourself with evil pieces

At the very least every member of Rias Peerage and Sairaorg Peerage should be promoted to the next class, they fought directly against Qllipoth to protect the underworld and save the world
well special rules could be put in place like Ise can't use his pawns in a RG against Rias.
Old 2016-06-24, 00:57   Link #99
Variabug
Professional Lurker

There could also be some way to substitute either other pieces or people to supplement Rias' team as she faces Issei. If there is a time for a Issei vs Rias fight its going to be the next arc, which might show how games between them will work.
Old 2016-06-24, 02:18   Link #100
Ruki0089
Yandere Otoko Ruki-tan

Next arc??? You mean the final arc?

Tags
dxd: civil war