Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-06-25, 13:21   Link #1821
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Gotta say, though, the people who thought Suletta isn't a good pilot, because Eri was doing all the hard work, were dead wrong.
They've been wrong since episode 4 but probably didn't realize it. In that episode, Suletta almost finished an entire course while piloting Demi Trainer blind (with Mio's navigation). And then in episode 18 she did great on her test shooting at flying Haros with yet another Demi Trainer. People who kept calling Suletta a bad pilot after that point are just haters. After episode 22, there's no more room for denial, otherwise they'd look stupid.
Old 2023-06-25, 13:27   Link #1822
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
They've been wrong since episode 4 but probably didn't realize it. In that episode, Suletta almost finished an entire course while piloting Demi Trainer blind (with Mio's navigation). And then in episode 18 she did great on her test shooting at flying Haros with yet another Demi Trainer. People who kept calling Suletta a bad pilot after that point are just haters. After episode 22, there's no more room for denial, otherwise they'd look stupid.
Yep, absolutely correct on all accounts.
Old 2023-06-25, 13:37   Link #1823
Frontier

The Aerial is still basically undefeated though. Had to basically sacrifice itself to finally be stopped .
Old 2023-06-25, 14:11   Link #1824
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

This ep only reinforced my conviction: the kids should have just stayed in school and let Prospera win. Or fight it out with SAL, whatever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 15:00   Link #1825
azarhal

The Calibarn vs Gund-Bits goes so fast that you basically have to slowmo it to see that Suletta was kicking and punching the Gund-Bits. She wasn't just dodging them.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 17:50   Link #1826
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Odds of Guel piloting Schwarzette? It's a super cool suit and it's still intact, no way it's just going to be used in only a single episode. That said, Pharact was barely used either so who knows?
Old 2023-06-25, 18:00   Link #1827
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Odds of Guel piloting Schwarzette? It's a super cool suit and it's still intact, no way it's just going to be used in only a single episode. That said, Pharact was barely used either so who knows?
Schwarzette had the head permet section broken by Guel and the permet score dropped/mech stopped right after it happened. It needs to be replaced it seems, but it might not be a big fix.

Saying that, I don't think Guel is going to pilot a Gundam unless they can make it safe for the pilot.
Old 2023-06-25, 18:06   Link #1828
Twi

The man is a good pilot, but his suits keep getting out spec'd by his opponents and shredded. Slap the Darlblade's AI in the Schwarzette and call it good enough so he can stop getting jobbed.
Old 2023-06-25, 18:08   Link #1829
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
Schwarzette had the head permet section broken by Guel and the permet score dropped/mech stopped right after it happened. It needs to be replaced it seems, but it might not be a big fix.

Saying that, I don't think Guel is going to pilot a Gundam unless they can make it safe for the pilot.
If it's to help Suletta, I'm sure Guel would do it. It feels like a waste to me to use a MS hyped up for several episodes just for one fight.

And Lauda didn't seem to be having much trouble (no super ragged breathing like Suletta), he was probably at Permet score 3 which while not safe doesn't kill the user.
Old 2023-06-25, 18:22   Link #1830
Key Board
Carbon

No more combat.
That part is over.
Miorine will probably hold a press conference had have Shaddiq rat out the SAL.

It's clear to me by now the Schwarzette was just a gunpla mandate from the higher ups because it really does no fit into the Tempest setting.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 18:36   Link #1831
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
No more combat.
That part is over.
Miorine will probably hold a press conference had have Shaddiq rat out the SAL.

It's clear to me by now the Schwarzette was just a gunpla mandate from the higher ups because it really does no fit into the Tempest setting.

//
The Calibarn haven't shown its final form/gimmick yet. The last episode will have combat.

Also, the entire Dancing Suletta/Sulettas in the ED haven't happened yet, while Aerial protecting Miorine/Suletta while a big flash of light coming behind her did happen. Since Calibarn is surrounded by the gund-bits at the end of the ep (at first I thought it was 5, but I found 8 on a rewatch), Suletta is probably taking her sisters with her and the Calibarn already has mount points for them.
Old 2023-06-25, 18:41   Link #1832
Kazu-kun

There has to be battle. If SAL would give up after a single shot from their super weapon, they would be the most pathetic final boss in the history of Gundam.

Besides, Suletta hasn't achieved anything yet. If anything, she got her sister killed. This can't be the ending for her.
Old 2023-06-25, 18:56   Link #1833
Key Board
Carbon

That's how Unicorn ended
The federation was shamed with a press conference and PR damage into not firing their super weapon again.

Suletta will probably reach permet gold and initiate a layer 34 callback or higher to bring back Eri.
But that will happen outside of battle. But yes, I do think that it's suspicious that Calibarn has empty gundbit docking points.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2023-06-25, 19:02   Link #1834
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Lauda (who is having a temper tantrum and trying to murder people) "Am I so unreliable?"

YES!

Sure, that wasn't really the reason Guel didn't immediately talk to him about it. But it could have been a pretty legitimate one considering his brother is an idiot. Geeze that could have been the world's dumbest possible end to Guel's great character arc. Getting killed in a pointless fight against an idiot. I'll agree with Felsi on this one. Also I bet several Gundam characters wish they had been packing "don't explode" ammunition to avoid so many tragic deaths in the franchise . My condolences to Schwarzette. A cool looking unit overall. But it probably ever get to be piloted by someone competent.

Also hey...last minute doomsday weapon shows up . Aerial was so freaking OP it requires a weapon more suited for blowing up bases/colonies to give it an actual defeat .
Old 2023-06-25, 19:59   Link #1835
TheDoctor324

Quote:
The Calibarn haven't shown its final form/gimmick yet. The last episode will have combat.

Also, the entire Dancing Suletta/Sulettas in the ED haven't happened yet, while Aerial protecting Miorine/Suletta while a big flash of light coming behind her did happen. Since Calibarn is surrounded by the gund-bits at the end of the ep (at first I thought it was 5, but I found 8 on a rewatch), Suletta is probably taking her sisters with her and the Calibarn already has mount points for them.
I assume we're gonna see the final form of a hyper "screw that particular section of space" cannon. The whole thing with Cali is that it can go longer and harder on less permits. So if that holds true then I don't think Cali is close to 3/4 full in the tank, it's gotta be dang near close to full still. I expect something like Shadiq and his ladies to run some form of interference to distract SAL either PR or physical MS intervention. This would give Suletta time to reintegrate with the Bits and get in range to tell that cannon to ki-ko-F-itself. I also think we're gonna see Mio's mom manifest in some form to show what Gund-tech can actually do, and she'll show the world. Essentially turning everyone against SAL were QZ to be destroyed. But that's just a farfetched idea.
TheDoctor324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 22:28   Link #1836
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
Last episode: We adult can't let the kids die

This episode: Throw the kids into the battlefield against countless deadly drones. Then make them become the live distraction from Haro-Terminators so Miorine can sneak in and guess the password.
That's not really what Kenanji said in episode 22.

He said to the kids to give up to Prospera if the plan to deactivate QZ failed coz they still have the missing QZ units for bargaining chip, and Kenanji & Bel will give the units to Prospera & take responsibility for it. But the kids themselves still need to do their parts in the mission. In other words, the kids don't need to throw away their lives if/after the mission is kaput.

Kenanji: "If we deem the situation hopeless, we'll hand over the units immediately. You're all students. Let the adults take responsibility."
Old 2023-06-26, 06:46   Link #1837
azarhal

There are so many things happening in this episode, that you really need to rewatch it. Sometimes in slow motion.

Rouji's team fully shut down Quiet Zero via the equivalent of a DOS attack on every communication ports.

While I counted 8 remaining gund-bits, someone circled 10-11 in the image of Calibarn standing in from of Quiet Zero looking at the wreckage. Looks like they all made it. And Aerial head/torso looks mostly intact as well.

I'm trying to decide if Suletta saying she wanted to be there to hug her mom when she cries was foreshadowing or just Suletta's empathic abilities sensing her mom needs a good hug since she was little or if it is something that happened often in the past. It's also something to rub on Eri who can't hug her mom. There was a bit of a jealous sibling vibe in their squabbling, just not as intense as Lauda's.

It was interesting that Eri/Coven were saying that Eri wouldn't kill people, but that Mom would if they got in the way...since Aerial is the one usually doing the killing.

I get the feeling Eri has no idea what is going to happen to the Fronts once Quiet Zero expand over them outside it creating a data storm for her to play in. And then you had the Coven/Eri saying that Suletta couldn't come because she couldn't coexist within the data storm. But they were also saying that Mom was going to come with them despite Prospera not coexisting in the data storm either. Also, if the school is covered by the data storm where does that leave Suletta? They really didn't think that through...

I get the impression that Prospera/Eri have no idea that the school was attacked and how close Suletta got to be pulverized (twice) and lose her friends. Prospera was fine leaving Suletta behind because she had friends and was safe.

Prospera's "that's none of your business" + starting to fire when being called out at her differential treatment of her kids suggest there is some undisclosed emotional baggage there. Some posters online pointed out it was Miorine doing a 4th wall breaking message to Asian parents too.
Old 2023-06-26, 06:54   Link #1838
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Prospera's "that's none of your business" + starting to fire when being called out at her differential treatment of her kids suggest there is some undisclosed emotional baggage there. Some posters online pointed out it was Miorine doing a 4th wall breaking message to Asian parents too.
"One of my children is heavily handicapped and objectively needs more attention than my abled child who has an active social life" isn't a problem exclusive to Asian parents.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-26, 07:15   Link #1839
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
"One of my children is heavily handicapped and objectively needs more attention than my abled child who has an active social life" isn't
a problem exclusive to Asian parents.
No, but the show plays on prime time TV in Asia so the message about "golden child is bad parenting" is probably aimed at them.
Old 2023-06-26, 07:30   Link #1840
Key Board
Carbon

Starting to think Suletta and Miorine themselves will reactivate Quiet Zero using the missing unit parts

//