AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-21, 17:54   Link #161
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's over. I can safely say this is one of the worst anime I've seen. Even the ending was horrible. It makes everything feel pointless.

At least Natsuko was entertaining.
Old 2017-12-21, 18:07   Link #162
ArrowSmith

There should be a series revolving around Natsuko massacring people with a chainsaw. She's much cuter than Leatherface.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-21, 18:56   Link #163
Wandering Soul

Well, best comedy of the season ended. It gave me plenty of laughs.
Old 2017-12-22, 09:27   Link #164
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, I at least thought it was nice of them to put the lot of them in Paradise; I guess there's supposed to be a God higher than whatever devilish creature came up with this game, and He wouldn't let someone who'd suffered that much pay.

I did think Natsuko's final reveal was interesting, even if it wasn't all that well executed and took place in a series where such things couldn't be appreciated. So she wasn't actually completely insane or legitimately wishing to die even if it took everyone else's death. She just pushed herself to that in order to withstand the despair, told herself at some point what he'd told himself at the start when he decided not to kiss her: that everyone would be better off dying as quickly as possible than living with false hope. This gives an interesting perspective to her behavior. People laughed on multiple occasions about how over-the-top and crazy she was, but perhaps a lot of that was because she was desperately trying to look like a crazy psychopathic villain, and being just a high school girl without that much acting experience this was the best she could do. That and her deliberately pushing herself to method-act, to force herself into a mindset that by seeing herself as the villain who'll kill everyone to survive herself she's helping them to get it over with more quickly. Again, not so well-executed, and it happened in a show where there was no way to do it well or have it taken seriously or have it carry any real weight, but still an interesting character concept.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 21:08   Link #165
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 21:58   Link #166
larethian

It's a cellphone novel. What are you guys expecting seriously?
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-22, 23:28   Link #167
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

How was this story even approved to be published, let alone produced into an anime? In what weird twisted f'ed up world do these characters live in where they couldn't get outside help from non game players? Like, their parents, teachers, police, medical, or IT professionals?

I guess we all griped at how bad it was, but admittedly, we ended up watching all 12 episodes just to whet our curious appetites and to see how much more insane and low the characters become.

Oh well, now that it's over, it's time to move on.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 02:02   Link #168
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumcyclonex View Post
How was this story even approved to be published, let alone produced into an anime? In what weird twisted f'ed up world do these characters live in where they couldn't get outside help from non game players? Like, their parents, teachers, police, medical, or IT professionals?

I guess we all griped at how bad it was, but admittedly, we ended up watching all 12 episodes just to whet our curious appetites and to see how much more insane and low the characters become.

Oh well, now that it's over, it's time to move on.
In the very first King's Game that was mentioned in the anime, the town's people who got caught up in it had outside help, and it still didn't do them any good.
Old 2017-12-23, 07:56   Link #169
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for final thoughts:
Yeah, I too find that every time it mentions the virus it sounds dumber. Now it's a real virus that slipped into the net? Let's reverse this. We can build stuff and pull it out, making all sorts of useful devices. Or at the least we can make billions letting otaku actually have their waifus. Yeah, they can try all they want to make it "scientific" but every last bit of it is supernatural, and the way it jumps so easily seems less like a ghost virus and more like a supernatural creature that can go where he wants. I mean, everyone died and he still found new people. The message, the supposition that it's a bug that exposes a weakness, nothing but bull to add to the despair from my perspective.

BTW, someone let me know what the original message was. I've heard people talk about it, so I'm curious.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-23, 13:42   Link #170
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
It got several manga adaptations and now an anime. It wasn't unreasonable to expect it to be somewhat decent. And it's not just the story, the animation was awful too. But I guess that part makes sense, it's amazing enough this even got an anime in the first place.
Old 2017-12-23, 21:11   Link #171
Wandering Soul

Quote:
A basic level of competence when it comes to story telling.
Old 2017-12-24, 00:11   Link #172
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

I felt bad for Riona. If this is a virus that got on the internet, then it wouldn't have died even if the kids in the previous games all died. Computer viruses do not die. Those kids should have thought about that one reality of computer viruses and the internet.

And if they had watched any movies, grudges do not die. So....there was no need for a suicide in the end.
Old 2017-12-24, 01:01   Link #173
ArrowSmith

Natsuko should go to whatever hell Yuno Gasai is in.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 14:32   Link #174
MgMaster

And after all this, there's those few seconds after the ED that makes any suicide attempts for the "greater good" completely pointless. Damn, this show really didn't wanna leave us with anything. No ship, no "for the greater good", no single survivor lives on carrying the will of the others,etc.

I'd watch a 2nd season of this. The so good it's gud was just too stronk ~ prize worthy even. But leave the audience with something. Who cares if the rules are set in place and there's everyone who plays the game's doomed to die. This anime bend's rules in the most lulzy manner anyway, so it should be able to have some plot armor and deus ex machinas in order to leave one or two likeable characters standing. And holy shit, I can't believe I'm asking for that ~ the things this show makes you say man...

Still had an awesome OP though.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 14:43   Link #175
koti

Ryou (the hat guy) best character btw, he should have gotten more screen time, he's so hilarious.
koti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 10:10   Link #176
topboy
poor man

This anime is so funny and the funniest line is "To be continued".
topboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 19:14   Link #177
Applehell

Quote:
People can still expect a certain level of standard when money is involved in something. Flaming garbage or otherwise. I've read better random fanfiction than this and that was free.

Well, I dropped this like 5 episodes back when it just stopped being fun to make fun of it and turned physically painful to sit through. It was not even dumb good like Mayoiga. My sympathies to rest of you who shoulder on and survived.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 12:02   Link #178
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

This show would have actually been better if the flashbacks were the main story. The reveal of a now computer virus having omega mutant hypnotic powers would have still been shit, but everything else would have been better IMO.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-28, 16:43   Link #179
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Have yet to finish watching it just some things:

The main issue with htis is still the high amount of flashbacks, combined with the fact that they changed certain things, such as the message.
Since its over now I no longer have any qualm releasing the message btw, and also the reason why I opened up a 'Chiemi = Natsuko' theory earlier on. The following are spoiler tags contain source material comparisons:

Spoiler for Message and some text regarding it:

Spoiler for The village:

Spoiler for Chiemi's Manga death:

There is however still the possibility, that Noubaki's memory got altered.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote