AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-09-22, 14:59   Link #161
ryllharu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Ko confronts Anko again and Anko makes it plain why she hates vampires...humans conflicting with humans is one thing, an inevitability of life, but something other than humans preying on humanity and interfering with them? That's something Anko can't abide by. And she seems determined to want to annihilate all vampires as a result .
[snip]
Ko can't abide by Anko's desire to kill all vampires. Sure he hasn't thought ahead to how comfortable he is with draining blood, and sometimes they seem skeevy/dangerous, but he doesn't think they all deserve to die. Though while he's probably drawing from his experience with Nazuna, Seri, and Midori, I wonder if the other vampire ladies are more predatory and more in line with what Anko thinks of vampires .
I'm getting the impression that Anko is lying about her reasoning.

Those dead eyes of hers. She says things in a very cold, calculating manner, almost sociopathic, just as manipulative and cruel as we've seen the other vampires do, but without a goal behind them. The vampires do it for ego and to feed. Anko also preys on fears and insecurities just like they do. She manipulates Ko's friends to get another voice echoing hers.

But my impression is that she just likes inflicting emotional pain on others, and channels it into being a Private Investigator so she gets to do it all the time. Finding and reporting cheating spouses, that sort of thing. That's her apparent focus from last episode. Now she seems the type to revel in reporting her findings.

As for why she goes after vampires too on the side? Maybe she thought she fell in love with one and was rejected because she hates everyone?

Ko is right. Vampires like hanging around humans. They like teasing and playing with them. But we also see in Nazuna and Seri that vampires need humans to satisfy their own emotional needs too.

Nazuna channels it in a good way, helping others with the cuddle time even though she's as romantically stunted as Ko is. Seri likes finding kinship even though she takes it too far with her hunting strategy. Sure, the others are just narcissists, and maybe not the better examples, but they need and crave the attention and love.

Maybe Anko was rejected, because she isn't capable of love? That's why she accuses Ko of being the same. Or the vampires fled from her because they found her to be too dangerous? Too risky to keep their existence secret. Hate and love can look the same a lot of the time.

Last edited by ryllharu; 2022-09-22 at 15:10.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 15:19   Link #162
kari-no-sugata II

I really hope we get a 2nd season of this. It's been a top tier manga adaptation.

A second season wouldn't answer everyone's questions but it would answer quite a bit.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 18:04   Link #163
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Nazuna confirmed that vampires die if they don't feed for 10 years, which conversely means they actually very rarely have to feed. The vampire chicks do it to create more offsprings, and Nazuna does it because she loves the taste of Ko's blood. And who says they have to drink straight from the source? Maybe drinking from a blood bag would be enough.
Old 2022-09-22, 18:41   Link #164
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Nazuna confirmed that vampires die if they don't feed for 10 years, which conversely means they actually very rarely have to feed. The vampire chicks do it to create more offsprings, and Nazuna does it because she loves the taste of Ko's blood. And who says they have to drink straight from the source? Maybe drinking from a blood bag would be enough.
To be fair, humans don't have to eat for days before dying of starvation. Doesn't mean hunger won't kick in and hurt after a few hours, though. I'd assume the same applies for vampires, just with a longer scale.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-22, 22:11   Link #165
Frontier

There's still a lot we don't know about how vampires work in this setting.

Like what's the exact expectation for siring offspring, how much they do it, how they handle offspring after they make them, what is life for a typical vampire, what the physical urge for blood does, and if all of this just differs from vampire to vampire.
Old 2022-09-22, 23:43   Link #166
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
WOW Anko was creepy AF in this episode. Between the crazy facial expressions and her movements, she really gives off those "I'm totally unhinged" vibes. o_O

Kou-kun is really cool for standing up to her and speaking his mind though. I love when characters hug each other for comfort. It somehow feels like there's more meaning than when they kiss...but that moment on the bed was also a good tease

Nazuna is also really good at reading Kou; she immediately knew something happened through just SECONDS of interaction with him. Which is awesome. It shows how close they've gotten.

Anko speculates what some others have said about Kou 'maybe he's actually aromantic/asexual'...but considering that he shows attraction to women and gets very jealous when other men hit on Nazuna, I don't think that's the case, personally. Like yes, 'friends' can get jealous too...but his reaction was quite the "Stay away from my woman" type of jealousy He grabbed her hand and literally dragged her away from them.
That isn't something you do with a friend; that is something you do with someone you are dating.

I don't think his feelings are deep enough to be called 'love'...but he is definitely crushing by now.

This could also fall under the trope of 'Single Target Sexual Attraction' if Nazuna is indeed the only one he seems to get these feelings around.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2022-09-23 at 00:17.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 01:59   Link #167
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I had a suspicion about a certain something and someone, and I think the last 30 seconds of the episode confirmed it.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 11:39   Link #168
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I was surprised and amused that the Sentai release of this show on HIDIVE has no credit for Sawashiro Miyuki. Does anyone know whether she appears in the Japanese credits? Or was she the "mystery guest" on this show?

She does appear on the list at ANN: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=24963
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-23, 11:56   Link #169
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I was surprised and amused that the Sentai release of this show on HIDIVE has no credit for Sawashiro Miyuki. Does anyone know whether she appears in the Japanese credits? Or was she the "mystery guest" on this show?

She does appear on the list at ANN: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc...e.php?id=24963
She was credited on the trailer released before ep 11.

CV: 沢城みゆき = Sawashiro Miyuki
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-26, 10:46   Link #170
kari-no-sugata II

Spoiler for ep 13 preview:
Old 2022-09-29, 13:04   Link #171
Frontier

The intro of Nazuna playing games really puts into perspective how lonely her life is without Ko...but even with that in mind, she's determined to do what she can for him .

Hatsuka's a trap! But he makes good use of his girlish good looks to entice both men and women, and he's also prone to entrancing them to the point of making them fervently worship him and do whatever he asks. He definitely doesn't seem like the kind of vampire you want to mess around with .

So vampires know about as much about vampires as humans know about humans...which isn't a lot. Even their law against killing each other is only "technical," and it seems like they mostly just live their lives without any kind of rigid structure or order beyond drinking blood and creating new vampires

Nazuna's response to Ko's indecisiveness is to try and save him from the Council of Vampire Waifu's (minus Kabura who seems to be doing her own thing), because Ko's safety is more important to her than turning him into a vampire, but that just ticks Nico off for. Although rather than get into a brawl with Nazuna or kill anyone, it seems like she's just ready for Nazuna to finally get into Love Talk with the other girls .

Well, props to Ko that he doesn't mind that Hatsuka's a boy as far as not ruling him out as someone Ko would fall for. The way he is around Mahiru, I can believe he's not against guys .

I mean, Ko is definitely attracted to Nazuna, but beyond gender or sexual attraction, he feels on an insatiable level that he wants to be with Nazuna and that she, of any vampire or person, is someone he wants to fall in love with and he won't settle for anyone else but her. I think Ko's realizing his true love in his own way .

Nazuna was worried that she lied to Ko about how fun the night is, but there's nothing quite like running from the cops and showing off the one-shot characters in a Creepy Nuts song to make Ko feel alive and realize just how much fun he's been having !

Nico made it sound like she dislocated Nazuna's jaw, but she really got her where it hurts...committing to Nazuna's one weakness: romance. So the other vampires will wholeheartedly support Nazuna and Ko's love, but now Nazuna needs to be serious about making him fall for her .

Nice to get some shots of the supporting cast and the area's we've been to this season one last time .

Bringing things full-circle with Ko pulling a Nazuna on Nazuna herself! And now, rather than just for the sake of becoming a vampire, it seems Ko wants to fall in love with Nazuna, to be with her, have fun, and to make sure she isn't alone...basically swearing to be with her for the rest of their lives. And what better way for Nazuna to answer Ko's declaration than by pulling him into a kiss and resolving to become a vampire worth falling for with the most precious blush on her face !
Old 2022-09-29, 13:43   Link #172
GDB

Wonder if this will get another season. They kind of did all the build up to start this Detective arc and then... didn't go any further.
Old 2022-09-29, 14:48   Link #173
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Wonder if this will get another season. They kind of did all the build up to start this Detective arc and then... didn't go any further.
You could say that she was the inciting incident to the final arc.

Incidentally, the anime skipped over some foreshadowing that would have been relevant in season 2. I think it's fine though - it would likely have been more confusing to include it (would have given false expectations about season 1).

If there is a season 2, the detective would have a MAJOR role.
Old 2022-09-29, 15:51   Link #174
Magewolf

I think Nazuna is in love with Ko even if he does not feel that way about her yet. The other vamps made her realize that which is why she did not want to face him.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-29, 16:10   Link #175
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
I think Nazuna is in love with Ko even if he does not feel that way about her yet. The other vamps made her realize that which is why she did not want to face him.
I think Ko is falling for Nazuna too, in his own way, otherwise he wouldn't be so dedicated to being with her or decisive that she has to be the vampire he falls in love with.
Old 2022-09-29, 16:48   Link #176
GDB

Yeah, based on how Hatsuka seemed to imply love can be forced/coerced, it seems like the type of "love" that vampires require to turn is just the chemical release from love (oxytocin, I think it's called). This seems to be what Ko is deficient in through all aspects of his life, but he seems perfectly capable of forming other kinds of love connections. Heartfelt? Logical? Not sure what you'd describe it as, but that seems to be how he's going for this early part of the story, at least.
Old 2022-09-29, 16:57   Link #177
Frontier

I saw someone point out that Ko's reflection in the window started fading as the conversation between him and Hatsuka went along.

Coupled with his athletics when they broke into the school, it seems like he is slowly starting to turn already.
Old 2022-09-29, 17:52   Link #178
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Lots of loose ends, but I think it was a rather satisfying ending all things considered. I'd love a second season, but I'm fine with it ending there. We can easily imagine Kou and Nazuna went on to live happily ever after. At this point it's set in stone they will end up together. Both of them have made up their minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I saw someone point out that Ko's reflection in the window started fading as the conversation between him and Hatsuka went along.

Coupled with his athletics when they broke into the school, it seems like he is slowly starting to turn already.
Is it even a thing for vampires not to have reflections in this setting? But yeah, Kou is definitely starting to turn. Not many could have jumped off that bridge without injuring themselves.
Old 2022-09-29, 18:03   Link #179
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is it even a thing for vampires not to have reflections in this setting?
Yes. See Nazuna in the elevator with Kou in ep 1 and the time she went to the public bathhouse.

Quote:
But yeah, Kou is definitely starting to turn. Not many could have jumped off that bridge without injuring themselves.
In the manga he was actually saved by Hatsuka. I'm guessing they trimmed it to save time.
Old 2022-09-29, 18:07   Link #180
grecefar

This was pretty nice.

So it's okey for Ko to not turn if he doesn't want to but he needs to fall in love with Nazuna, that was the deal?.

I would love to have another season and I do think we will.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote