AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-09-07, 01:00   Link #161
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Miyo has the same ability as Shamiko from Machikado Mazoku. Will she get a Crisis Management Form, too?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 01:51   Link #162
scififan

The deul to win Miyo's body is an unfair fight, aka gun vs sword. Then, the fight turns into Naruto ninja fight.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 06:30   Link #163
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan View Post
The deul to win Miyo's body is an unfair fight, aka gun vs sword. Then, the fight turns into Naruto ninja fight.
The most unfair and kinda sexist thing is that they are actually betting a girl and Miyo did not express any objection towards it. Also, the illusion that ended it should have shown Miyo who is the better gentleman
Old 2023-09-07, 12:24   Link #164
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The most unfair and kinda sexist thing is that they are actually betting a girl and Miyo did not express any objection towards it. Also, the illusion that ended it should have shown Miyo who is the better gentleman
I felt bad for Miyo that everybody was talking all over her during the prior conversation without letting her say anything. Then I think she just felt too overwhelmed with what was going on.
Old 2023-09-07, 12:55   Link #165
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The battle was really good; animation and choreography was on point. i liked that Kiyoka nor Arata didn't just get overpowered, and it was a rather close battle. No smugness as if winning was "just as planned".

I wonder if the prince(?) is also secretly an Usuba, since someone mentioned being able to see the future with this power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Since there are two episodes left I figured Kiyoka would lose the duel, but it was still painful to watch. Almost won, too. I have to admit the illusion fooled me as well, Arata played his cards well. I wouldn't call it a cheap shot, he won using his abilities at the end of the day
I was also fooled by the illusion.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 14:30   Link #166
grecefar

well... this has been downhill since the glasse guy showed up. I had a complete different idea of this anime when I saw the trailer and the title.

my issue in this chapter is that kudo could've easily beat that guy, cheat or not, at the end of the duel he could just disarm him and end the duel since they were close and we saw kudo can dodge bullets. Of course in the end we just need the drama.

worst thing is the next chapter is a flashback... meh.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 14:35   Link #167
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Kiyoka burned a mansion to the ground but lost to that prick? Seems like he might have been holding back. He should have just shot a few fireballs at the Usuba mansion and walked out with Miyo.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 16:36   Link #168
Frontier

I think Kiyoka has an inhuman amount of restraint and control over himself exactly because of how powerful he is.
Old 2023-09-07, 17:54   Link #169
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Kiyoka burned a mansion to the ground but lost to that prick? Seems like he might have been holding back. He should have just shot a few fireballs at the Usuba mansion and walked out with Miyo.
This isn't a problem that could be solved by burning everything to the ground. He needed to get the "cure" for Miyo out of them. They offered him a chance, he lost.
Old 2023-09-07, 18:47   Link #170
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
Miyo has the same ability as Shamiko from Machikado Mazoku. Will she get a Crisis Management Form, too?
...that would be amazing if so. I like Miyo and all but she's no Shamiko.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-07, 22:49   Link #171
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

worst thing is the next chapter is a flashback... meh.
It could be explanation for why Miyo's mother was married to Miyo's father. Also, no explanation their disregard to Miyo's welfare until her awakening. They might be reluctant, but they were to proud to explain what actually happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Kiyoka was not the arsonist. He only electrified people who stood in his way. The person who burned down the mansion was retired.
Old 2023-09-13, 10:01   Link #172
Frontier

So Sumi married into Saimori for the typical reasons for such a political marriage...the Usuba's were in debt, and they needed the money, and despite her fathers' objections she felt she was doing what was right for her family .

Of course the situation was still less than ideal...she was in a loveless marriage, quickly dying, her in-laws only saw value in her for birthing a child with supernatural powers on par with the Usuba bloodline, and despite adoring Miyo with every fiber of her being, she knew that the Saimori's and Usuba's would end up using her if she didn't seal away her powers. Even knowing that she would probably be dooming Miyo to suffer for it .

Well, good news is that Miyo can finally sleep without nightmares, bad news she's stuck with the Usuba's, made to dress like a Shrine Maiden instead of her beloved Cherry Blossom Kimono, and Arata is getting a little too close for comfort. Not to mention she's feeling guilty for not being honest with Kiyoka when she should have .

It's a lonely existence, being an Usuba. You're basically born to be loyal to the family and can't have any friendships or love outside of it, and even being an Usuba is a meaningless existence because they never get to do anything. It's why Arata is so obsessed with Miyo, because he feels that she can give his life meaning as either her protector or proper spouse. Of course Miyo is having none of that .

Of course the fight against the Grotesqueries was going too well. Poor Kiyoka .

Wow, Yoshiro acting like a genuinely kind and warm grandfather. I don't know if it was partially trying to butter Miyo up, but he seemed genuinely regretful for casting Sumi off when she went behind his back to wed the Saimori's, and sees in Miyo his chance to make up for losing his daughter. He even gives her some proper grandpa advice by teaching her the true meaning of family, having people you can rely on when you need it most .

Well, now Miyo has her powers back and has a better understanding of herself, though I wonder if she's ready for what is expected of her as the Dream-Maiden of the Usuba's .

They really thought they could mention Kiyoka is in the hospital and not expect Miyo to run after him? Even hearing the Japanese Emperor himself wants to keep them apart? Although I'm actually surprised Arata and Yoshiro went along with Miyo seeing Kiyoka. Are they...actually kind of okay ?

Man, Arata looks like a completely different character without his glasses and his hair fussed up .

Looks like Miyo finally has a chance to use her powers for good, and for herself, now that she can wake Kiyoka up from his coma. Go get your man, Miyo !
Old 2023-09-13, 16:28   Link #173
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Wow, Yoshiro acting like a genuinely kind and warm grandfather. I don't know if it was partially trying to butter Miyo up, but he seemed genuinely regretful for casting Sumi off when she went behind his back to wed the Saimori's, and sees in Miyo his chance to make up for losing his daughter. He even gives her some proper grandpa advice by teaching her the true meaning of family, having people you can rely on when you need it most .
The moment I saw this guy(grandfather), I thought for sure he would just be another user of Miyo, but turned out he wasn't bad at all. Even refused to give up his daughter, and would have kept to that path if it wasn't for Sumi herself. That makes me think that his actions and regrets were genuine, and not just suck-up tactics.

Old 2023-09-13, 17:41   Link #174
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, grandpa turned out to be a surprisingly good guy. I believe he was honest about everything, and he ended up letting Miyo go, knowing there's a good chance she wouldn't come back.

I'm guessing that now that the seal on her powers has been fully lifted, Miyo will be able to control them and be rid of her nightmares. It will of course come with another set of problems...
Old 2023-09-13, 19:55   Link #175
grecefar

Well I for one I don't believe the grandfather and even if he is genuine he still let miyo suffer until she awoke her power, sometime is too late to make amends. He is lucky that miyo is a saint.

And glasses was a creep all the chapter.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-13, 23:37   Link #176
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yep, grandpa turned out to be a surprisingly good guy. I believe he was honest about everything, and he ended up letting Miyo go, knowing there's a good chance she wouldn't come back.

I'm guessing that now that the seal on her powers has been fully lifted, Miyo will be able to control them and be rid of her nightmares. It will of course come with another set of problems...
Yeah, there was no benefit to them of letting Miyo go see Kiyoka unless it's just to placate her with the intention that she still can't be with him...but then Arata would've probably felt it simpler to let him die otherwise.
Old 2023-09-14, 02:00   Link #177
frubam
simp for Lyria

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
Well I for one I don't believe the grandfather and even if he is genuine he still let miyo suffer until she awoke her power, sometime is too late to make amends. He is lucky that miyo is a saint.
Not believing him is one thing, but it seemed like he had little control over communication once the Saimori family got a hold of Sumi. And even if Miyo had no powers, Shinichi could still ignore the Usubas, who seem to be less powerful hierachy-wise compared to the Saimoris, in order to sell her for financial gains(whi h he did, but trying to double-dip by selling to the Kudos backfired).

Then there is the emperor's decree to stay isolated, which probably added much difficulty in getting her back. The Usubas only got the opportunity because Tatsuishi failed at getti g Miyo, so the emperor finally let them attempt their plan. The Usubas knew full well of Miyo's potential and probably were watching her from afar for a long time, unable to intervene until they got the right hand and permission to do so. I'm not sure what can happen if the emperor is opposed, but I'd imagine it's impactful enough that they aren't willing to fulfill their greatest desire(which is getting Miyo back, at least for Arata, if no one else) to do so.

Old 2023-09-14, 08:27   Link #178
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Thanks god Miyo finally realized she cared about her fiance considering her lack of reactions to last week's episode where the got was freaking shot in the arm. Seriously, I was disappointed by last week's episode for regressing the MC a bit with her silent state.
Old 2023-09-14, 11:39   Link #179
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post

Then there is the emperor's decree to stay isolated, which probably added much difficulty in getting her back. The Usubas only got the opportunity because Tatsuishi failed at getti g Miyo, so the emperor finally let them attempt their plan. The Usubas knew full well of Miyo's potential and probably were watching her from afar for a long time, unable to intervene until they got the right hand and permission to do so. I'm not sure what can happen if the emperor is opposed, but I'd imagine it's impactful enough that they aren't willing to fulfill their greatest desire(which is getting Miyo back, at least for Arata, if no one else) to do so.
The emperor turns out to be the culprit. The emperor is very likely the culprit of Usubas's near downfall and arranged marriage of Miyo's mother. Miyo's father didn't like to marrying someone he didn't love, but he still complied under pressure. Miyo' mother foresaw Miyo will eventually become threat to her birth family, so she sealed Miyo's power. Miyo inherits Usubas's trade secretpower, and it is gonna makes her target of suspicion and ill intention.

Spoiler for off topic guesses: :
Old 2023-09-16, 00:11   Link #180
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Truly I've rarely seen such a worthless "I want to protect you." Both lacking in any semblance of meaning what is being said and being so utterly pointless. He doesn't want to protect Miyo. He just cares about having a role. What a tool. Fitting since that's what he wants to be. A tool being used for a purpose.

Grandpa's a bit late to stop looking shady now. Does she have any problems? Yeah, she can't leave your property! Anything she would want? Geeze, I don't know. Maybe the literal only thing she's been asking for this whole time!

Just glad the Usaba family stuff is done. Just leave that bunch behind and move forward with the story here. Got enough problems with the Mikado also being a piece of work. At least his son is a cool guy. Just need to assassinate his father and that will resolve most of the problems in this story .