Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Old 2011-08-09, 21:23   Link #161
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
How would I know the answer to any of those questions? In fact, I don't even know how the towers collapsed.

The only thing I do know for certain is that the US government is lying about the official story.
If you don't even know what caused in the the towers to fall, how can you argue that the causes?
Old 2011-08-09, 21:40   Link #162
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly. bringing up the Titanic reminded me of something. For ages everyone thought they knew how and why Titanic sunk. It took finding the wreckage to change peoples minds, and even then it took several trips to investigate the wreck to get an idea of just how and why she broke apart when she sank. Most people would have thought she would have sunk whole, but she didn't. Conventional knowledge was proven wrong and people had to rethink how things work, and physics proved to be correct.

While the same could happen with the World Trade Centers...the method of sensationalism is the wrong approach. The Conspiracy angle turns people away so fast that even if it was correct people will no watch it simply because it is trying to promote an agenda. An agenda people don't want to hear.

If they managed it like those old Discover the Titanic videos (the American scientific ones, not the French ones that were selling recovered items) people might pay attention because it isn't presumptious, nor politically charged. It would be more matter of fact. This happened, then this happened, than this happened...end. No sensationalism, and no speculative controversy. Just the facts.

That actually is my problem with the video this thread is for...it is presented in a fashion that makes me not want to see it at all.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2011-08-09 at 23:29.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 23:19   Link #163
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, for me, nothing will ever detract the following feelings I have for this incident:

1) respect towards the passengers who fought those fellows on board the planes;
2) more respect for rescue workers who worked and died so that one more person may be rescued;

3) grudging sense of awe at Osama and his ilk, who devised and carried out this chutzpah. In one move, they dealt not only a striking blow towards a great power, but also ensured that the power buries itself with the wars to come. It may not be buried completely or forever, but the damage done will last for decades.
Old 2011-08-10, 09:48   Link #164
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu View Post
So yeah, whats more plausible to you? Or a better question would be, since we can't absolutely confirm or deny how the towers were brought down, are you in denial or are you naive enough to believe the official story?
The better question would be: Do I give a crap?

If you bothered to look a little further, it doesn't really matter what happened during the attack (Or even who was responsible), but what went down afterwards

What's more plausible is that the conspiracy is based on a a bunch of exagerated statements from shocked and frightened people
Where wind became a howling wolf, and where a shirt on a clothesline became a haunting ghost
Oh yes, the images,... I saw the devil's face in the smoke as well

For those that oppose the Gov't, this conspiracy would be a nice tool to strenghten their cause if proven true
and if the US Gov't can 'create' evidence so can they
(But ofcourse opponents are good and righteous while the govt is evil and manipulating )

What isn't plausible but definitely happened is that the 'powers that be' capitalized on what looked like a loss and turned it into opportunity

US People were stripped of liberties and were better controlled
Lies were concocted to attack Iraq (resulting in more US deaths than the WTC attack, and let's not forget the 40000 killed Iraqis)
for personal revenge and profit

Stop believing in what you WANT to be true, and just start looking at what's really there
Don't just bend over to things you happen to be more inclined to agree upon, remain skeptical instead of being a spoonfed sheep that just happens to be standing 'on the other side of the fence'
Old 2011-08-10, 11:39   Link #165
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightbatŪ View Post

If you bothered to look a little further, it doesn't really matter what happened during the attack (Or even who was responsible), but what went down afterwards

What's more plausible is that the conspiracy is based on a a bunch of exagerated statements from shocked and frightened people
Where wind became a howling wolf, and where a shirt on a clothesline became a haunting ghost

For those that oppose the Gov't, this conspiracy would be a nice tool to strenghten their cause if proven true
(But ofcourse opponents are good and righteous while the govt is evil and manipulating )

What isn't plausible but definitely happened is that the 'powers that be' capitalized on what looked like a loss and turned it into opportunity

Lies were concocted to attack Iraq (resulting in more US deaths than the WTC attack, and let's not forget the 40000 killed Iraqis)

Stop believing in what you WANT to be true, and just start looking at what's really there
Don't just bend over to things you happen to be more inclined to agree upon, remain skeptical instead of being a spoonfed sheep that just happens to be standing 'on the other side of the fence'

Actually, the death toll in Iraq is over a million.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-10, 12:28   Link #166
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
Actually, the death toll in Iraq is over a million.
Was just talking about combatants

In the end, 3000 dead in 9/11 or 1 million in Iraqi operations, those people just became numbers to further or oppose a cause

Heh, even in this thread the average joe/jane killed in the WTC attacks became downplayed to put emphasis on agendas
Old 2011-08-11, 00:54   Link #167
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:

Aye. Been saying this since I first entered this thread.
Old 2011-08-11, 01:26   Link #168
GundamFan0083

Quote:
QFT.
I agree, as much as it interests me how this event took place, what really matters is who gained from it.
That would be the military industrial complex, the international banking cartel, and big oil...if you asked me.
Old 2011-08-11, 03:02   Link #169
speedyexpress48
Boo, you whore

Send a message via AIM to speedyexpress48 Send a message via MSN to speedyexpress48 Send a message via Yahoo to speedyexpress48
Quote:

'
100% thumbs up on this statement. While I do think "who was responsible" is somewhat important, I don't actually care too much about how the towers went down (tho it is somehow interesting).

And I think this article nicely presents and rebuts all the conspiracy theories about 9/11 for those of you who do care;

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/9/11_conspiracy_theories
speedyexpress48 is offline   Reply With Quote