AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Master Clan Conference Arc (Volume 17-19) Rating
Perfect 10 12 25.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 27.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 14.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 6.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.13%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-11-11, 14:53   Link #1681
luffyxnami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I would say that Tatsuya sitting at Mayumi's side is actually pretty normal. They're friends after all, nothing wrong with choosing her instead of Katsuto who Tatsuya doesn't have any intimacy at all.

Tatsuya remembering his talk with Mari and thinking about what she asked to himself is pretty normal too. It's a normal reaction that anyone could have after being explicitly asked such things. Tatsuya is not a robot that only processes information after all.

The problem in this thread is the Mayumifags. It was the same damn shit with the release of volume 17. All that crap about Mayumi being the chosen one and Tatsuya lusting over her and whatnot, but in the end it was all nonsense and delusions.

Seriously, this thread degenerated into worthless shipping wars done by people who can't face reality. A sad sight to be honest.
Yeah I understand that it's fine with tatsuya sitting next to mayumi since he closer to her and the part about him remembering mari's talk but the problem is that in zeborg scenario tatsuya start to question whether it's mayumi love plot or not and to me that's weird. How does that even fit when he is the one sitting next to her?
luffyxnami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 14:59   Link #1682
Hokoga

Quote:
The problem in this thread is the Mayumifags. It was the same damn shit with the release of volume 17. All that crap about Mayumi being the chosen one and Tatsuya lusting over her and whatnot, but in the end it was all nonsense and delusions.
Really?
Because from what I remember from Vol.16 to Vol.17 the Miyukifags were acting like a bunch of obnoxious douchebags.

But anyway like Izumo was saying it's best to wait for a summary from a reliable source because shipping nonsense is getting annoying
Hokoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 15:09   Link #1683
-Mahesvara_

Its funny how hypocritical Miyukifags can be.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 15:17   Link #1684
FLS_Carnage

Yeah we should wait for the summary before discussing this more. I tried to translate it myself, and it is clear that we are missing a lot of context and information. If my translation is correct this scene is a lot less pro-TatsuyaxMayumi than people are making it out to be.
FLS_Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 15:21   Link #1685
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I would say that Tatsuya sitting at Mayumi's side is actually pretty normal. They're friends after all, nothing wrong with choosing her instead of Katsuto who Tatsuya doesn't have any intimacy at all.

Tatsuya remembering his talk with Mari and thinking about what she asked to himself is pretty normal too. It's a normal reaction that anyone could have after being explicitly asked such things. Tatsuya is not a robot that only processes information after all.

Seriously, this thread degenerated into worthless shipping wars done by people who can't face reality. A sad sight to be honest.
Everything was fine for once until you posted this.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 15:27   Link #1686
Plumme
Bla Bla Bla

Location: Big green house at the skirt of a town/near a forest, with bonzai trees displayed all over the front
Oh come on. This is getting ridiculous.

Why don't we just turn into TatsuyaFags and be peaceful. As long as he is happy, who cares about best girl. I don't. Much.

Can't wait for the fight. The fun stuff in this LN for me is the small-like detail but actually realistic if we applied it in real life. Satou is good.
Plumme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 15:38   Link #1687
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokoga View Post
Really?
Because from what I remember from Vol.16 to Vol.17 the Miyukifags were acting like a bunch of obnoxious douchebags.

But anyway like Izumo was saying it's best to wait for a summary from a reliable source because shipping nonsense is getting annoying
The real problem here is having to read a shitload of nonsense based on dubious spoilers. People take scenes that probably have not that much particular meaning and glorify them to such an extent that's absurd. It's truly painful to come here to read this.

At least the Miyukifags were, even if being obnoxious, just celebrating their victory, not being delusional.

By the way, I'm a Linafag followed by a Kyoukofag. But even then, I can see that Miyuki already won the shipping war, the rest only have chances being mistresses. Which is not likely by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
Really? I've only seen Mayumifags in the last few pages to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Everything was fine for once until you posted this.
You must be blind then. Because all I saw for the last 10 pages or so was nonsense about Mayumi.

Oh well, whatever. What interests me now is about the plot and fights, not shipping wars. The ending girl is already clear. The author now is just trying to create drama and friction between the characters either way.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 15:52   Link #1688
FLS_Carnage

I think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill. I'm looking at the raw and the "Tatsuya considers if he has feelings for Mayumi" scene is a little less than a page long and mostly about Miyuki. It is on page 130 if anyone is interested.
Old 2015-11-11, 16:19   Link #1689
Zeborg

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mahesvara_ View Post
Say what you will about Miyuki fans, but he is right that its the Mayumi fans that do actually twist information on every new release. From the top of my head, here are some examples:
vol 14, when Tatsuyas group was attacked, Mayumi fans gave mistaken spoilers about Tatsuya going to protect Mayumi and Masaki protecting Miyuki, the reality was that Tatsuya didnt even think about Mayumi and instantly went to protect Miyuki, leaving Mayumi for Masaki, and he thinks that Mayumi coming along is troublesome beacuse he doesnt want to take responsibility for her. They also tried to make it seem like Miyuki was having trouble in a fight, even though she had everything under control at every point in the volume.
Volume 15, Mayumi fans were saying that Mayumi won and that she happily went on a date with Tatsuya. Again, the reality was that Tatsuya is very annoyed with her and was dragged along against his wishes.
Volume 16, there was no Mayumi, so nothing to say.
Vol 17, Mayumi fans were saying how Tatsuya was lusting after her. The reality was, Tatsuya basically saying that his biological functions as a male, work. And from his monologue we can clearly see that it had nothing to do with Mayumi personally. And then he says that the entire discussion he had was disgusting and that he is Miyukis fiance, that will not change. He then says that Mayumi is strong so she will find love elsewhere.

I dont remember Miyuki fans twisting information like this on any volume. There is some speculation but thats it.
I think part of the problem is that to be a non Miyuki fan and believe they have a realistic chance of winning, you have to inherently ignore very large parts of the series. So whenever theres an opportunity all of the fans jump at it like a pack of hyenas and try to make it how they like it.
If youre a Miyuki fan, you dont really have to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLS_Carnage View Post
Yeah we should wait for the summary before discussing this more. I tried to translate it myself, and it is clear that we are missing a lot of context and information. If my translation is correct this scene is a lot less pro-TatsuyaxMayumi than people are making it out to be.
Yeah, thats what I think as well. Either wait for Sykool or the Korean translation summary
Zeborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 16:22   Link #1690
amtro
Distro

It's obvious what Satou is trying to achieve with that scene. He's trying to make Tatsuya more conscious of the opposite gender, he realizes that he wrote himself into a corner by making him emotionally unresponsive and is little by little trying to coax Tatsuya out of his shell.
Old 2015-11-11, 16:37   Link #1691
LKK

What's clear to me is that shipping wars aren't allowed at Anime Suki (as everyone should know by now) and that continued arguing Mayumi versus Miyuki (and their fans' behavior) will have consequences if it doesn't stop.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 16:56   Link #1692
nijok

as i remember, in the preview of vol 18 its mentioned that tatsuya will face someone unexpected, can that one be mayor canopus?
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 16:58   Link #1693
-Mahesvara_

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijok View Post
as i remember, in the preview of vol 18 its mentioned that tatsuya will face someone unexpected, can that one be mayor canopus?
Yes, it was USNA, according to the spoilers.

Though they just got in his way from capturing the black sage, because the USNA is trying to get to him first.
-Mahesvara_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 19:06   Link #1694
amtro
Distro

Speaking of previews, a good friend of mine OCR'd the text for the volume 19 preview.

Quote:
ニ〇九七年、世界中の魔法師が注目する中, 箱根のホテルで開かれた師族会議は, 数々の衝撃的な案件が扱われていた。
一条家次期当主•一条将輝による四葉家次期当主•司波深雪への婚約申し込み、人間主義者(反魔法師運動を行 う過激勢力)への対策強化、七草家による周公瑾との裏取引への糾弾、そして『九島家の辞退』と『七宝家の加 入』……。
互いのパワーバランスを牽制する知謀知略の戦いが繰り広げられ、過去にない波乱を生んだ師族会議だが、どう にか無事に閉幕を迎えようとしたその刹那、 謎の爆発が会場を襲う。
死体を操る魔法で自爆テロを敢行させるという、この残酷な計画を企てた黒幕である顧傑(グ•ジー)は、気配 を消して日本に潜伏していた。
この自爆テロ事件によって、世論が魔法師を糾弾しはじめ、人間主義の勢力が勢いづく中、十師族は黒幕の捜査 を決める。
克人、真由美、将輝と協力して達也は顧傑の行方を探す。
ニ〇九七年、世界中の魔法師が注目する中, 箱根のホテルで開かれた師族会議は, 数々の衝撃的な案件が扱われていた。
一条家次期当主•一条将輝による四葉家次期当主•司波深雪への婚約申し込み、人間主義者(反魔法師運動を行 う過激勢力)への対策強化、七草家による周公瑾との裏取引への糾弾、そして『九島家の辞退』と『七宝家の加 入』……。
互いのパワーバランスを牽制する知謀知略の戦いが繰り広げられ、過去にない波乱を生んだ師族会議だが、どう にか無事に閉幕を迎えようとしたその刹那、 謎の爆発が会場を襲う。
死体を操る魔法で自爆テロを敢行させるという、この残酷な計画を企てた黒幕である顧傑(グ•ジー)は、気配 を消して日本に潜伏していた。
この自爆テロ事件によって、世論が魔法師を糾弾しはじめ、人間主義の勢力が勢いづく中、十師族は黒幕の捜査 を決める。
克人、真由美、将輝と協力して達也は顧傑の行方を探す。
Old 2015-11-11, 19:38   Link #1695
User249003
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for vol 19:

I wish, the translation was wrong.
User249003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 19:50   Link #1696
YbKWzNEb
Uninstall

Spoiler for huh?:
YbKWzNEb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 19:58   Link #1697
FLS_Carnage

No, I think the Ichijou just formally submitted an application for them to become engaged.
Old 2015-11-11, 20:02   Link #1698
BalorView

Quote:
Originally Posted by atakule32 View Post
Spoiler for Vol 19:

I wish, the translation was wrong.
Interesting

Spoiler for :
BalorView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 20:04   Link #1699
nijok

its confirmed the spoiler about miyuke doubts?
nijok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 20:04   Link #1700
amtro
Distro

That's probably just Miyuki being anxious about Tatsuya not loving her as a girl, which she is right in assuming, at least for now.

Tags
political intrigue