AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2019-03-26, 20:33   Link #1621
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
I know there are pros and cons but Ravel has more pros than Rias as shown by far. Also their match in Shin volume 2 is another example.
It really just depends. The way Ravel uses tactics has its own strengths and weaknesses. It really isn't any better than Rias'.

Ravel's kind of tactics are very advantageous against a team like Sona's as Ravel will just completely crush any tactics that come her way.

It really isn't all that advantageous against a team like Rias' that will take you head on.

The way each of them.uses their tactics has its own strengths and weaknesses.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-26, 23:09   Link #1622
cyberdemon

It's not better or worse, it's... different.

Ravel just uses trump cards first to weaken the enemy as swiftly as poosible. However that also heightens the risk should they foresee this and take precautions to survive. It exposes the trump cards and increases the risks to the team. i.e. Issei uses his canons early to eliminate the enemy force faster but ends up weakened by employing too much energy too quickly.

Rias saves them for a later point when needed but this also heightens the risk earlier in the game of her peerage retiring without being able to employ said trump card. I.e. Issei being able to fight consistantly longer and employ the canons only when needed to turn a fight around.

In long term battles with shifting conditions, Rias's is better. In short term battles with set conditions, Ravel is considered better.
Old 2019-03-27, 02:08   Link #1623
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It's not better or worse, it's... different.

Ravel just uses trump cards first to weaken the enemy as swiftly as poosible. However that also heightens the risk should they foresee this and take precautions to survive. It exposes the trump cards and increases the risks to the team. i.e. Issei uses his canons early to eliminate the enemy force faster but ends up weakened by employing too much energy too quickly.

Rias saves them for a later point when needed but this also heightens the risk earlier in the game of her peerage retiring without being able to employ said trump card. I.e. Issei being able to fight consistantly longer and employ the canons only when needed to turn a fight around.

In long term battles with shifting conditions, Rias's is better. In short term battles with set conditions, Ravel is considered better.
Ravel doesn't always use her trump card at the beginning. She also waits for the right time when needed. This was shown in the match against Baraqiel when she told Issei to use Infinity Blaster after she got enough information of how many "Objects" that were left on the field. This is how they took the lead away from Baraqiel's team around half point of the game. The difference is to Ravel, a trump card is just one of the cards in her hand. Issei wasn't her only trump card as she also had a trump card for dealing with Tsubaki. Ravel is better when formulating battle plans and exploiting weakness when compared to Rias.

@Lucidrago and how did that end up going for Rias when she took Issei's team head on? She lost, not only that but she made too many mistakes.

Last edited by Emperor of D.; 2019-03-27 at 02:30.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 03:02   Link #1624
fan

@ Emperor of D Rias making mistakes doesn't matter she didn't even want to win
fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 03:52   Link #1625
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fan View Post
@ Emperor of D Rias making mistakes doesn't matter she didn't even want to win
What are you talking about? She did want to win.
Old 2019-03-27, 04:08   Link #1626
fan

@ Emperor of D pay attention please Rias was Bluffing you should know how she thinks and what matters to her . Beating issei is not important to her . seeing him grow is what matters to her . this match was a test for him and he past . remember the name of the volume
Old 2019-03-27, 04:18   Link #1627
Emperor of D.

Quote:
@ Emperor of D pay attention please Rias was Bluffing you should know how she thinks and what matters to her . Beating issei is not important to her . seeing him grow is what matters to her . this match was a test for him and he past . remember the name of the volume
Rias wanted to win because she is competitive. The point of why they are facing each other is for experience. They each have their own reasons for wanting win. Issei using this tournament to be a better king and Rias is using the tournament to prove she can function without Issei. Even if Issei lost, it wouldn't have changed anything or made him a bad king. They both declared they will not hold back and desire to not wanting to lose. They both just want to go as far as they can without depending on each other.
Old 2019-03-27, 04:31   Link #1628
fan

@ Emperor of D a lot of people are like her and that doesn't mean anything again she didn't want to win she already proved she could function without issei . she made it to the main tournament .

“The man who is to become my husband must then overcome this difficulty.”
Rias said this to strada .
and it is possible to not hold back in a fight and not want to win at the same time
Old 2019-03-27, 05:00   Link #1629
Emperor of D.

Quote:
@ Emperor of D a lot of people are like her and that doesn't mean anything again she didn't want to win she already proved she could function without issei . she made it to the main tournament .

“The man who is to become my husband must then overcome this difficulty.”
Rias said this to strada .
and it is possible to not hold back in a fight and not want to win at the same time
Issei made it to the main tournament despite being a rookie king and a newly formed team. If it was anyone besides Issei in that position than he wouldn't have made it past the preliminaries. Issei is improving on being a better King. In this tournament Rias and Issei are rivals that don't want to lose.

Rias said that to Strada because he was testing her resolve to fight Issei. Put it this way, she wants to win but at the same time she don't mind losing to Issei.
Old 2019-03-27, 05:23   Link #1630
fan

@ Emperor of D you just showed that Rias wanted issei to win . and nobody likes to lose
Old 2019-03-27, 05:29   Link #1631
Emperor of D.

Quote:
@ Emperor of D you just showed that Rias wanted issei to win . and nobody likes to lose
You make it sounds like Rias purposely wanted to lose to him and I'm telling you she didn't. She had every intention to win but if she did lose to Issei then it wouldn't bother her. Think of it as Kiba and Issei. Kiba didn't mind losing to Issei but he really wanted to win.
Old 2019-03-27, 05:36   Link #1632
fan

@ Emperor of D I didn't say Rias wanted to lose to issei on purpose . all I said was she wanted him to win that match was a test
Old 2019-03-27, 05:44   Link #1633
Emperor of D.

Quote:
@ Emperor of D I didn't say Rias wanted to lose to issei on purpose . all I said was she wanted him to win that match was a test
If Rias wanted him to win than why make such mistakes? Rias herself wasn't mentally prepared as she thought herself to be when it came to Asia and catered too much on personal battles. If this was really her testing him then she would not let personal feelings get in the way. Which in the end costed her the match.
Old 2019-03-27, 05:52   Link #1634
fan

@ Emperor of D it is called a resolve Rias did let her personal feelings get in the way . she had the desire to test issei but could not do it that is why she made mistakes .
Old 2019-03-27, 06:23   Link #1635
Emperor of D.

Quote:
@ Emperor of D it is called a resolve Rias did let her personal feelings get in the way . she had the desire to test issei but could not do it that is why she made mistakes .
Having resolve means you wouldn't let personal feelings get in the way to what's important. An example of this is when Asia resolve herself to fight Crom despite knowing she would lose and Xenovia and Irina letting it happen despite the them not wanting to leave Asia by herself against Crom. Rias didn't resolve herself when it came to Asia which led to a series of mistakes that costed her. If she wanted to test Issei than something like this wouldn't happen.

Look at Issei as another example, despite his rivalry against Kiba, he was mainly focus on taking out Rias. Kiba was an after thought but fought him anyways because Rias didn't give him much choice.
Old 2019-03-27, 06:35   Link #1636
fan

what I am saying is her resolve was weak and she made those mistakes . she wanted to test issei and could not do it . really I seen characters on different show say they are going to do something and they don't do it
Old 2019-03-27, 06:58   Link #1637
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Once again I never thought it was a argument who was the better between Ravel and Rias. They may have different styles but that doesn't stop one from being better than the other. Tactics and strategies is Ravel's thing, after reading this volume its should have been made abundantly clear.

@cyberdemon explain this I don't know how you came up with this "In long term battles with shifting conditions, Rias's is better. In short term battles with set conditions, Ravel is considered better".

@Ludicrago disagree

@fan What?

Last edited by TheWu8128; 2019-03-27 at 22:25.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-27, 07:27   Link #1638
Emperor of D.

Quote:
what I am saying is her resolve was weak and she made those mistakes . she wanted to test issei and could not do it . really I seen characters on different show say they are going to do something and they don't do it
What? First you say she was testing Issei which result in her wanting to lose but now you say she wanted to test but couldn't? Now you say her resolve was weak even though you just said the opposite? You're steady contradicting yourself.

Rias herself wanted to show she can beat him which is normal because almost everyone in Issei's generation wants to beat him.
Old 2019-03-27, 08:10   Link #1639
bluestahli1

Can you atleast provide us with the source where rias stated she wanted to lose to ise and that she doesn't care if she wins or lose?
bluestahli1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-03-28, 07:28   Link #1640
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Elmenhilde was pretty cool with her silver Gundams as well. That was a pretty good ability especially against a werewolf.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote