AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-09-16, 23:03   Link #141
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah Loki 1 was awesome, I really hope we see more of him than Loki 2's Saturday Morning Villain. But I strongly suspect that won't be the case, Hollywood struggles at writing good villains.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2014-09-16 at 23:17.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 03:40   Link #142
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well his rule should be alright long as he doesn't go back to Avengers Loki who seemed to have "look at me" syndrome . People might start getting suspicious if he builds the Loki tower somewhere .

Thor 1 Loki was an interesting character. You could dislike him at times, but also sympathize with him. I honestly can see his rule either going relatively well if he keeps his head on straight or horribly wrong if he gets way too carried away and drunk on the power of the position he currently has.
I am not sure Loki is the type to get drunk on power. Sure, he was all "I am a GOD, mortals!" in Avengers. But really, he is just saying what many in Asgard thinks about Earth. A superiority complex is hardly unusual when you live thousands of years longer and can overpower Steve Rogers by pure brute force alone. Loki has many negative qualities, but being stupid isn't one of them.
Old 2014-09-17, 18:39   Link #143
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
It wasn't just a superiority complex against humans. Loki is hungry for power; the movies made it clear, through direct statements even, that he thinks he deserves to be king. Earth was just a convenient throne, part of his deal with Thanos simply because the Tesseract was there. If it was on another planet, Loki would have tried to be king of that planet instead. Before that he tried to take over the Asgard throne, and his whole complex against Thor is because he thinks he deservs to be king more than Thor. It's not about earth specifically, it's about being king period.
Old 2014-09-17, 19:50   Link #144
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
It wasn't just a superiority complex against humans. Loki is hungry for power; the movies made it clear, through direct statements even, that he thinks he deserves to be king. Earth was just a convenient throne, part of his deal with Thanos simply because the Tesseract was there. If it was on another planet, Loki would have tried to be king of that planet instead. Before that he tried to take over the Asgard throne, and his whole complex against Thor is because he thinks he deservs to be king more than Thor. It's not about earth specifically, it's about being king period.
That is true, but now that he IS king, the question is if he could walk the walk. Loki got what he wished for, the question is if he is up to the task. I am prepared to give him a chance, to see what he would do when Thanos come knocking. I am sure Loki would like to KEEP his throne, but how hard would he fight to stay there?
Old 2014-09-17, 20:03   Link #145
GDB

Well, logically he knows how strong Thanos and his army are. So the only question is whether he'd risk the Asgardian people to protect the universe from the Infinity Gauntlet's power.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-17, 22:44   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I wonder if Loki will just simply give up the Tesseract in order to keep Thanos away from Asgard. I'd expect Loki would rather keep his throne and not have to go through all the trouble of perhaps losing it in a struggle with Thanos. Can always just act surprised at how Thanos managed to 'steal' it.
Old 2014-09-18, 02:23   Link #147
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
I wonder if Loki will just simply give up the Tesseract in order to keep Thanos away from Asgard. I'd expect Loki would rather keep his throne and not have to go through all the trouble of perhaps losing it in a struggle with Thanos. Can always just act surprised at how Thanos managed to 'steal' it.
Avengers Loki would probably do that and be done with it. But Thor 1 Loki would also somehow secretly aid others in eventually defeating Thanos. Thor 1 Loki wouldn't simply allow himself to be extorted without organising his revenge.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:34   Link #148
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Moving back to characters actually in the Guardians of the Galaxy (), I'm curious if Groot will be back to 100% by the time that sequel gets going or if it will be the kind of thing that comes together later in the film.

Also seems like the kind of universe where they really can go in any given direction. The only real guarantees is adding a few members to the group in the course of the second movie. But not really the part of the Marvel universe that I know that much about so should get some nice surprises with who they pick up.
Old 2014-09-18, 09:46   Link #149
GDB

Hey now, Thanos is in Guardians!

And yeah, I'm sure Groot will be fine by then. The movies generally seem to follow real-time, and we're a few years off of another Guardians movie still.
Old 2014-09-18, 17:55   Link #150
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Avengers Loki would probably do that and be done with it. But Thor 1 Loki would also somehow secretly aid others in eventually defeating Thanos. Thor 1 Loki wouldn't simply allow himself to be extorted without organising his revenge.
I think the main difference between Thor 1 Loki and Avengers Loki is that Thor 1 Loki hadn't met Thanos yet .

Quote:
The Tesseract has been confirmed to be the Space Stone, and if Thanos can get it and the Gauntlet, as well as either the Reality or Time Stone, then I think that could be used as a cheat of sorts for Thanos getting the rest of the stones by Avengers 3 with very little effort .
Old 2014-09-18, 18:07   Link #151
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I think the main difference between Thor 1 Loki and Avengers Loki is that Thor 1 Loki hadn't met Thanos yet .

The Tesseract has been confirmed to be the Space Stone, and if Thanos can get it and the Gauntlet, as well as either the Reality or Time Stone, then I think that could be used as a cheat of sorts for Thanos getting the rest of the stones by Avengers 3 with very little effort .
Wasn't the Tesseract a cosmic cube? When was this said? :c

SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-18, 18:19   Link #152
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:

Well the thing is, the Power stone which was in GotG, is needed to give the other stones their maximum potential. So assuming the Nova Corps would not be the first to fall, Thanos wouldn't start playing god until after he did his business there. Until then he would have issues taming the stones he got, if only because the infinity stones of the filmverse are so much more dangerous to the user than in the comics.
Old 2014-09-18, 18:21   Link #153
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Wasn't the Tesseract a cosmic cube? When was this said? :c

I think it was originally meant to be the Cosmic Cube but got changed to an Infinity Stone to fit into the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet storyline.
Old 2014-09-18, 18:32   Link #154
GDB

Quote:
I think it was originally meant to be the Cosmic Cube but got changed to an Infinity Stone to fit into the Thanos/Infinity Gauntlet storyline.
That's my take on it. They may have considered it a possibility early on, which is why they changed the name of it to begin with.
Old 2014-09-18, 19:12   Link #155
Mr Hat and Clogs

I thought they were one and the same thing?
Old 2014-09-18, 19:49   Link #156
Frontier

Well, yeah, that's probably true too. Though it's Cosmic Cube look is probably more of a container of sorts for the Stone, so once that's gone it's not really a Cosmic Cube anymore .
Old 2014-09-18, 23:42   Link #157
Mr Hat and Clogs

Yeah, could be a container, like with the Power stone in GotG. Hell I think Banner alluded such in the Avengers when describing how to breach it to get to the yummy power within.
Old 2014-11-18, 06:06   Link #158
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

LOL

I kinda wish this happened in the movie.
Spoiler for Outtake:
Old 2014-11-19, 09:28   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
LOL

I kinda wish this happened in the movie.
Spoiler for Outtake:
I would not have complained if they did that .