AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2021-03-12, 16:00   Link #141
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Don’t forget that Akatsuki is there with? They do have some help with raids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Akatsuki, but her own admission, doesn't have much experience with raids though. I think Minori will have to take matters into her own hands, as the OP implies.
Yes, you have to remember that before the Apocalypse, Akatsuki was mainly a Solo player but she teamed up with other people once every now and then (particularly with Shiroe). But none of those times were Raids.

Akatsuki even straight up said that she doesn't have much experience with raids. Specifically, she's only been involved in 2 Raids (Akiba & Shibuya Raids). While Minori and the other kids were involved in just 1 (Shibuya Raid). And we've witnessed them because those 2 Raids happened in season 2. So by comparison, Akatsuki's pretty much in the same boat as the kids.

(And it's also why I didn't mention Akatsuki as a Raid Veteran (ex. Shiroe & Naotsugu) in my last post).
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-12, 16:02   Link #142
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I assume Shiroe will lead the raid causing no end of tensions between Akatsuki and Minori.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 12:03   Link #143
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I hope this arc is much more exciting than the "Log Horizon Jr. goes on a quest" arc we got before in a previous season, I've said before that I'm not really a fan of the kids.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 17:53   Link #144
Friday
Im shy too...

ep10....

2 thumbs up from me!!!!!

looking forward to the Juniors Members Boss Raid next week!
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-17, 19:38   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Should be plenty of adventurers who didn't bother leveling up after making the level 50 cut-off, but most of those should be the kind of players not interested in battle. The others are newbies like Minori and the rest. It won't be easy.
Old 2021-03-18, 01:37   Link #146
magnuskn

It will be interesting, I think. Also, Akatsuki is involved. I do wonder if she and Minori will have some conflict over Shiroe or if they'll keep it purely professional. Probably the latter, if the prior episodes are any indication.
Old 2021-03-18, 04:49   Link #147
DarkJak2050

Alright, next week we're going to see what these kids are truly made of as Adventurers.

In season 1: we saw them go through a training camp and take part in a series of small skirmishes as a test.

In season 2: they went on their first quest with little to no help from Shiroe, Akatsuki, Naotsugu or Nyanta.

Now in season 3; we're going to see them conduct their first raid on their own.

As implied, they're doing this on their own for the most part. The Raid Veterans can't help them with the actual raid. Akatsuki is a veteran player & will help them out (since she used the Teaching system to get below the threshold of Ereinus's power before the attack & wasn't affected). But keep in mind that she's inexperienced with Raids, just like the kids.

And more importantly; Shiroe's not going to be the one at the helm. Other than gathering intel & getting them to the kids, he's out of it.

So there's only one person who can take the helm; Minori.

All that work we've seen her do in prior seasons, let's see what she's got out of them.

Sidenote:
As for the Akatsuki & Minori "rivalry" for Shiroe's love interest; it seems that Akatsuki now sees Minori as a fellow adventurer & friend. She no longer sees Minori as a "rival" for Shiroe's love interest. Also, it's implied that Shiroe really sees Minori as his pupil/student, fellow adventurer & friend; but nothing more. And there could be the possibility that Shiroe may not be interested in any romance at all.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-03-18 at 05:01. Reason: Sidenote added
Old 2021-03-18, 07:37   Link #148
magnuskn

I'm pretty sure that Shiroe & Akatsuki is endgame, but, yeah, the man is painfully oblivious in regards to women looking at him romantically.
Old 2021-03-18, 08:46   Link #149
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

How does the Teaching system work by the way? I thought it enabled the teacher to match the students' level, but the Genius is using it to lower the adventurers' level way below his own and that of the other monsters. Unless there are monsters hidden somewhere with a level of 35.
Old 2021-03-18, 09:09   Link #150
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Probably the Genius abuses the teaching system to force anyone above his own level to get lowered to his level, except the code is hacked and so instead of lowering people to his level they are lowered to level 35 instead. Why 35 instead of 1 if he can use an arbitrary number instead? Who knows, we don't really know how exactly the geniuses manage to hack the system.

Anyway it's not because there is a level 35 user around, whether fake or real, otherwise anyone above level 35 would be affected.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 10:15   Link #151
Random14

Of course a battle with a Genius can't be simple, but this raises the stakes even more, with all the top Adventurers out already. Well, the series has been building up the younger cast more and more over the seasons, here's hoping they can deliver with their growth.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-18, 19:21   Link #152
Wandering Soul

We spent a lot of time with the junior adventurers. Hope it all pays off.
Old 2021-03-24, 17:58   Link #153
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Probably the Genius abuses the teaching system to force anyone above his own level to get lowered to his level, except the code is hacked and so instead of lowering people to his level they are lowered to level 35 instead. Why 35 instead of 1 if he can use an arbitrary number instead? Who knows, we don't really know how exactly the geniuses manage to hack the system.

Anyway it's not because there is a level 35 user around, whether fake or real, otherwise anyone above level 35 would be affected.
This week's episode made things even more confusing by revealing the cut-off is level 70 and not 65 like that of the Genius and the monsters. Or is it a mistranslation?

The kids did really well until the Genius decided to deal psychological damage. The attack looks super hard to avoid too.
Old 2021-03-24, 18:34   Link #154
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This week's episode made things even more confusing by revealing the cut-off is level 70 and not 65 like that of the Genius and the monsters. Or is it a mistranslation?

The kids did really well until the Genius decided to deal psychological damage. The attack looks super hard to avoid too.
I haven't watched the episode, but based on what I remember of the novels, the highest-level characters in the party from web novel material were the Mofur Sisters at 65. (See the official Log Horizon Database entry for the Akiba Guild Hall Raid Party member levels. The anime tends to deviate from the light novel's numbers for some reason, I'm not sure if they did that here too.)
Old 2021-03-24, 19:10   Link #155
Magewolf

The biggest problem with this whole arc is that it comes across as such a contrived waste of time that only exists so the youngins could do something.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-24, 19:34   Link #156
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
The biggest problem with this whole arc is that it comes across as such a contrived waste of time that only exists so the youngins could do something.
It's development for them, and they're an integral part of the cast.
Old 2021-03-24, 20:09   Link #157
RDNexus

Those memories/feelings they seem to be losing during the battle...
Are they lost forever? Or may it be a psychological debuff or so?
It'd suck if they lost those precious memories/feelings after this...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-24, 20:49   Link #158
Wandering Soul

Quote:
All of that time spent on them had to be building up to something. It at least gives them something to do during this season.
Old 2021-03-24, 20:54   Link #159
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things were actually going pretty well until...well they weren't. Hard to deal with that kind of psychological damage though. Good thing Akatsuki is around to stand up and help spark the comeback. I'm not sure if she's really able to win out because she doesn't simply venerate Shiroe, but she does seem to have her head in the fight which is good.

Minori as always is ok but not really that attached to her. She's already the effective team strategist though. Glad that they spread the attention out a bit and let Toya handle getting everyone onboard for this raid.
Old 2021-03-25, 05:32   Link #160
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
All of that time spent on them had to be building up to something. It at least gives them something to do during this season.
Raids in Elder Tale and not easy things to take on. Especially after the Apocalypse. Even Raid Veterans had difficult times with Raids, look at what happened to Shiroe, Naotsugu & Silver Sword (a Guild that specializes in Raids) in the Abyssal Shaft Raid during season 2.

For the Raid these kids are going through; they are doing this on their own with little to no help from the Raid Veterans. This is a huge "rite of passage" for them as adventurers. Which is crucial for their development.

So yeah, this arc & raid are just nothing but "something" for these kids to do and a contrived waste of time, right?

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2021-03-25 at 05:50. Reason: "Unrelated Content" removed.