Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2017-03-12, 21:44   Link #141
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Also, this being further along in the future meant that she technically isn't an idol anymore, and has graduated into being a "real singer". Most idols never managed to make that leap, but Sheryl did it.
Thing is, I've never seen her as... an idol.

In fact, she has rarely been compared to 'idols' based on general opinion, but to women who made their careers in solo performance.

In-verse, she has built quite a career for herself for years, so I think she already 'graduated' by the time first episode aired.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-03-12, 21:54   Link #142
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yeah, I think Sheryl was already closer to "diva"-status at the start of Frontier. Btw, how old was she at the time?
Old 2017-03-12, 22:22   Link #143
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Yeah, I think Sheryl was already closer to "diva"-status at the start of Frontier. Btw, how old was she at the time?
While 17 ~ 18 was suggested, in reality, no one knows.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2017-03-14, 17:43   Link #144
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Well, d'oh. The point I was trying to make is that maybe this is not only a promotional music video, but a sign of things to come, in terms of our mysterious new series.
Seeing that brings back some pretty good memories. Frontier was the best in the Macross franchise.
Old 2017-03-14, 18:53   Link #145
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Seeing that brings back some pretty good memories. Frontier was the best in the Macross franchise.
I completely concur. I'm sure Macross Plus people will yell at me, but that series was not what I loved most about Macross.
Old 2017-03-14, 21:07   Link #146
Tak

Quote:
I completely concur. I'm sure Macross Plus people will yell at me, but that series was not what I loved most about Macross.
Quietly gathers a crowd of Plus fans while placing a series of Bose speakers around magnus...

- Tak

Old 2017-03-15, 02:00   Link #147
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

How probable is it that Sheryl could be a character in the upcoming TV anime? Seems to me that Japan only has an affinity for high school-age main protagonists and won't bother with one in a later stage of their life.
Old 2017-03-15, 05:19   Link #148
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convoy View Post
How probable is it that Sheryl could be a character in the upcoming TV anime? Seems to me that Japan only has an affinity for high school-age main protagonists and won't bother with one in a later stage of their life.
She still is very popular, so I personally think it is a possibility. She would probably fall into a secondary mentor role, like Ozma did to Alto, for example.
Old 2017-03-21, 05:38   Link #149
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
For me SDF Macross still the best Macross so far the romance, drama, politic was truly at prime of Macross franchise. None of successors series managed to surpass it, i will say Macross F is mediocre at best as the other newesst Macross.
Old 2017-03-23, 17:33   Link #150
John117xCortana

Quote:
She still is very popular, so I personally think it is a possibility. She would probably fall into a secondary mentor role, like Ozma did to Alto, for example.
Is she popular because of having a combo of May'n and Aya Endo?
Old 2017-03-23, 18:25   Link #151
Tak

Quote:
I am pretty sure my fervant worship and incense-burning at the Sheryl shrine did much to help!

- Tak

Old 2017-03-23, 19:44   Link #152
magnuskn

Quote:
Mostly because she is a great character, I'd say.
Old 2017-05-01, 07:29   Link #153
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

So Macross has had idols, AI idols, rock bands, mystics, and magical girl idols. If the upcoming series goes with something new, what could they possibly do?
Old 2017-05-01, 09:05   Link #154
magnuskn

Singing pilots? Oh, wait, that's Basara.
Old 2017-05-01, 09:21   Link #155
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
So Macross has had idols, AI idols, rock bands, mystics, and magical girl idols. If the upcoming series goes with something new, what could they possibly do?
AI idol as a protagonist.
Old 2017-05-01, 09:45   Link #156
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Realistically-speaking, I think they'll just go with another form of divas or idols. The idol culture is still sticking with Japan's pop-culture these days to the point that some Japanese audience were glad with Scarlet Johannson's casting in GITS adaptation movie (because she's not another idol that Japan no doubt will cast in her place). Hell, maybe they'll go one step further and make K-ON-like all-girl band as the MCs of the next Macros show .

If it were up to me, I may get rid of the singing altogether and go with instrument-players like a pianist, violinist or saxophonist if I really want something new within the franchise. But of course, that won't sit well with the sales of merchandises such as song-albums and whatnot (at least not as well as with actual singers). Still, it'd be interesting if the next Macross musician who is fighting aliens with music is someone like Vanessa-Mae or Dave Koz or maybe we can have both male-female instrument-players. Basically like the MCs in this anime below, but give them the necessary magical powers and set it in a Macross show.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Or, if I'm allowed to go one step further, I'll have a native-American instrument-player as an MC . Yeah, Shaman King for live!
Old 2017-05-01, 14:33   Link #157
Boukenxha

A Macross series starring a rock/metal diva has been on my wishlist for a while now, likely a long shot considering the franchise's recent trend.
Old 2017-05-01, 16:46   Link #158
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boukenxha View Post
A Macross series starring a rock/metal diva has been on my wishlist for a while now, likely a long shot considering the franchise's recent trend.
Babymetal Macross? I would be down with that

and am now laughing way too hard at the insanity of my suggestion
Old 2017-05-02, 07:38   Link #159
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

Thanks, I needed that laugh, mate.

Old 2017-05-02, 10:20   Link #160
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

I was thinking older like Mari Hamada, but can't say you didn't pique my interest
Closed Thread