AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 23 23.47%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 21 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 21.43%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 21.43%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 9.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.04%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-28, 23:37   Link #141
outerelf

LIght novels are just what they say- thin books that read like a novel. If you're looking for the graphic novel- well- it's a little hard because they skip over certain parts, and the chapters are released slowly.

The Light Novels are the original material, so if you really want to understand the Index verse, I suggest you read the light novels.
outerelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-28, 23:45   Link #142
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I never knew that the Japanese operated in such a way. Me and my American generalizations only assumed anything even remotely related to anime-style characters had a manga, anime, or game devoted to them as their basis of knowledge; not an actual text novel.

I learned something new today. So this Baka-tsuki place has the translations for most of the novels?
Old 2010-10-28, 23:50   Link #143
Seihai
スマイリウム

I don't think 'most' is appropriate enough, but 'many' should be better. Just check out the baka-tsuki site, click on the Index novel on the left menu bar and see for yourself.
The second season basically starts off with Vol. 7 so it would be okay to go from there.

I personally was never a fan of text-only (well, there are illustrations here and there but not enough to play a major role) material, but Index changed my view because it is just too interesting to pass on.

And if you're unsure about the amount of the translated material, people are actively working on the translation so progress will be there.
Old 2010-10-28, 23:51   Link #144
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I never knew that the Japanese operated in such a way. Me and my American generalizations only assumed anything even remotely related to anime-style characters had a manga, anime, or game devoted to them as their basis of knowledge; not an actual text novel.

I learned something new today. So this Baka-tsuki place has the translations for most of the novels?
Glad to hear you learned something new! There are quite a few series that started off as light novels, like Haruhi Suzumiya, Spice and Wolf, The Legend of the Legendary Heroes- You'd be surprised at just how many manga and anime are based off of them.

Yes, baka-tsuki is the place. There you will dive deep into the world of Index covered nowhere else- especially in descriptions on how the world works, etc.
Old 2010-10-28, 23:52   Link #145
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I think this conversation has strayed from the intended route of the thread, so I'll take my next comment to the light novel discussion.
Old 2010-10-28, 23:54   Link #146
outerelf

Probably a good idea.
Old 2010-10-29, 05:31   Link #147
kyosak
poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kanzaki is the former leader of Amakusa.
Yes I got that but why does wanting to help Kanzaki = get a hold of Orsola?
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 05:46   Link #148
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Not get a hold, it's been revealed that they actually wanted to rescue Orsola from the Roman Catholics already.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 07:09   Link #149
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Amakusa appears to follow a certain principle of helping others, which Kaori becoming the beacon of that principle.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 07:53   Link #150
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Orsula approached them for help to escape the Rome Catholic Church, but after awhile she began to suspect them believing that there's nobody in the world who would help someone without wanting something in return. Over time her suspicion that the Amakusa is really after the power of the Book of the Law grew strong until she couldn't trust them which lead to her escaping.

Which led to what Saiji said (something that Touma will continue to emphasize) and that is they don't need a reason to save someone. They chose to save Orsula because she came to them for help and not because they want anything in return, and because it was what Kanzaki would have wanted. They're doing this to respect her.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-29, 16:35   Link #151
kyosak
poo

OK, makes sense now. Thanks guys.
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote