Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-08-18, 17:05   Link #141
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well, I hope that's the case. There are too many loose ends to tie up in just one episode.
You have nothing to worry about. I noticed it after episode 2 was released, when the day after I noticed it said there were 3 episodes.

Netflix always displays the current number of episodes and never the planned number. If you go to the website, you'll see it says episode 8, "nightmare and shadows" will be available on August 23rd. I guess it's a feature to let people know the series is on-going and when new episodes get released.

Last edited by Kanon; 2023-08-18 at 17:15.
Kanon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-18, 22:00   Link #142
Alchemist007
*Author

Maybe, just maybe, Kaya will grow as a person...eventually?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-08-19, 04:26   Link #143
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Maybe, just maybe, Kaya will grow as a person...eventually?
Kaya is a stereotypical 悪役令嬢(villainess debuntant) in a shoujo manga. She is raised to bully heroine. She is usually heroine's love rival. This type of character makes readers want her to suffer. Her exit to the show currently is enough to fulfill the role, unless readers want to see the result: exile, lost privilege, or death penalty. Some people even believe the development of type is partially inspired by the woman who said, " Qu'ils mangent de la brioche !"(ケーキを食べればいいじゃない). Or, let them eat cake.

Since there is not much story about her, her only useful role is reconcile wih the heroine.
scififan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-23, 09:59   Link #144
Frontier

Grotesqueries are one the loose...and Kazushi is still acting pretty casually despite now being the head of the Tatsuishi Family, but at least he knows how to be serious when he talks to the Japanese Prince .

Is that Akira Ishida as the prince? And he has prophecy powers, useful for foretelling the impending drama to unfold with the Grotesqueries (and probably other dark plots on the loose). Also seems like Takaihito has some affinity for Kiyoka as he talks to him about Miyo and gives some hints as to the tribulations sill awaiting the couple .

Miyo in a dress! With a ponytail! She looks great! And she's taking to Hazuki's lessons in ettiquette and being a lady quite well, especially when she has her future sister-in-law telling all about her husband-to-be's embarrassing childhood moments and other sweet moments .

I'm not surprised Hazuki wants to properly be Miyo's Big Sis, but it's so sad that Miyo is so traumatized from Kaya that she can't even say the words. On top of that the Saimori's have messed up even her own understanding of what a family is .

Kiyoka finally meets Arata and Arata is definitely much more than just a simple trade negotiator handling things between the military and the Imperial Household when it comes to dealing with these Grotesqueries. And you can tell there's more to Arata's words whenever he brings up Kiyoka's engagement...especially when he has eyes on Miyo himself .

Well, the Grotesqueries definitely live up to their name. They're like ghostly zombies. And it seems like Miyo was being attacked by them in her mind while Kiyoka was dealing with them in the physical world .

"The awakening is near." Are they trying to make Miyo unlock her powers ?

Poor Miyo. She's barely sleeping because of the nightmares, but she's so dedicated to doing her best to be someone worthy of being Kiyoka's wife that she keeps pushing herself. It's no surprise she finally collapses, though unfortunately not in the arms of the man she loves but in the arms of Arata, the man who is trying to steal her away from Kiyoka .
Old 2023-08-23, 18:15   Link #145
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Well, I guess this confirms Miyo's nightmares are related to her powers awakening. I guess they only awaken once a person reaches a certain age in the Usuba family, and her dad was too ignorant to know that. Not sure where the grotesqueries fit.

It's nice to see Hazuki and Miyo get closer, but it's a shame Miyo couldn't bring herself to call her "onee-san" because of Kaya related trauma. The bitch is still ruining everything even when she's not around anymore.
Old 2023-08-23, 18:25   Link #146
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I suppose the term "big sis" has been seriously tainted for Miyo. Even if she absolutely likes Hazuki enough to say it, the term has been used as nothing more than an insult for most of her life. I think she'll get there, but it will take a while before she's really comfortable.

Not that comfort is something she'll have in spades for the time being. Still being targeted and certainly seems like something is being set to awaken within Miyo. Would make sense why she's such a focal point.

So many questions still hanging in the air. Miyo, her family, and Arata. Sadly Kiyoka can only do so much and he's under a good deal of pressure.

This is going to be a tricky situation to navigate.
Old 2023-08-23, 18:51   Link #147
Frontier

I only just now realized that the VA's for Miyo and Arata were also the leads in Bibliophile Princess, another Shojo Romance anime that aired a few seasons back. That's kind of hilarious to me .
Old 2023-08-23, 20:11   Link #148
grecefar

the western look really suits miyo a lot.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-24, 00:51   Link #149
scififan

Yet, another anime with the capital city is in danger. The atmosphere feels like Teito monogatari.
Old 2023-08-24, 09:58   Link #150
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

The way some characters are drawn really feels like "I wonder who is the villain?"
Old 2023-08-28, 15:35   Link #151
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I've been playing Dragon Age again, and all I could think of during this episode was the arrival of the darkspawn. Haven't seen any Grey Wardens yet.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-29, 01:33   Link #152
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Nendos of Miyo and Kiyoka are on pre-order. If I was still with this title, I'd have considered them.
Old 2023-08-30, 10:01   Link #153
Frontier

Well, I guess I'm glad Prince Christopher was there to catch Elianna...I mean, Arata was there to catch Miyo. Even if it's just part of his longer manipulation game to get to Miyo .

Poor Miyo. She's barely holding it together. She hardly sleeps, she doesn't have much time with Kiyoka because the Groteqsueries are still causing problems, and even cutting back on her lessons on how to be a proper Lady just make her feel that she's not becoming worthy to be a proper wife of the Kudo family. She still has so many things she's anxious and insecure about but she just doesn't feel comfortable burdening her new family with her problems .

I was wondering if Hazuki would ever open up about her failed marriage. I figured it was for political reasons, but I suspected the husband was the problem, though it turns out he was actually a kind man (and Hazuki seems to have genuinely cared for him) while his in-laws made her so miserable over what they saw as lacking in her that it eventually blew up their relationship and lead to their divorce. Though a part of her seems to regret that she basically gave up instead of working harder, like she sees in Miyo. But I guess Hazuki seems happy being independent, around her family, and now with Miyo .

I'm glad Miyo and Kiyoka at least got to have a nice, intimate, moment to themselves at night. Miyo is able to get Kiyoka to open up more about his childhood with Hazuki, and make Miyo wishes she had had a sibling relationship like that, and Kiyoka is able to get Miyo to open up to him more. But that still makes her think she's being coddled too much and that she needs to double-down on being more worthy of Kiyoka, which is like the exact opposite of what he intended from that conversation .

Arata, you scumbag! Going to another man's home and insulting him to his fiancee, blaming him for Miyo's condition and for Kiyoka not being around to take care of her when the reason for Miyo's condition and Kiyoka being busy is because of stuff YOU are involved in or know about. And not to mention rubbing it in Kiyoka's face. I just want to see him push this dudes' smug smile and glasses off his face !

Ugh, that scene between Kiyoka and Miyo...Miyo is barely able to stay conscious while standing and Kiyoka still wants her to open up, but he sees how stressed she is and thinks maybe they shouldn't have even put her through Lady training...which phrased the way he did just makes Miyo think she wasn't worthy like she's constantly battling in her head. At least Kiyoka realized he should've handled it better, but poor Miyo .

So Tsuruki is a disguise name for the Usuba's? Miyo's mom used it, and it's Arata's last name. Also, please tell me Kiyoka is bringing Miyo to a hospital and not actually taking her straight to Arata .
Old 2023-08-30, 17:54   Link #154
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So, Arata is most likely the one responsible for the nightmares after all. Kiyoka speculated it may be possible for the Usuba to interfere without getting picked up by the barrier.

Hazuki opening up to Miyo was nice. If only Miyo would open up to her as well. She's keeping everything bottled up because she doesn't want to be a burden in any way, and seeing the Kudos worried about her just make her feel worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
So Tsuruki is a disguise name for the Usuba's? Miyo's mom used it, and it's Arata's last name. Also, please tell me Kiyoka is bringing Miyo to a hospital and not actually taking her straight to Arata .
Pretty sure he's taking her straight there. He most likely figures Arata's the reason Miyo is in such a state and intends to force him to leave her be.
Old 2023-08-30, 17:58   Link #155
grecefar

That glasses mf need to disappear. This anime has a way with the antagonists.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-08-31, 01:48   Link #156
scififan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Hazuki opening up to Miyo was nice. If only Miyo would open up to her as well. She's keeping everything bottled up because she doesn't want to be a burden in any way, and seeing the Kudos worried about her just make her feel worse.

Kiyoka is not opening up to Miyo. Since he met Miyo, he hires private investigators to check her background.

Hazuki isn't really opening up to Miyo. It could be a mess when Miyo got more involved in Kiyoka's social life. She hasn't revealed the identity of her ex-husband. They manage to maintain the friendly relationship.

Arata knew about Miyo's existence, but she ignored her suffering. After sensing a sign, he starts to approach Miyo.
Old 2023-08-31, 21:13   Link #157
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
God that Arata is a creep. Talk about plate's being full. Kiyoka's trying to manage everything up to and including a major military operation while that scumbag is going after his fiancé. Obviously he's going to extremes, but honestly with the threats being very real it's only proper that he does. His investigations are starting to pull up good intel and without it he might have misread how serious a threat Arata actually is. Now it's clear that Miyo's relatives are gunning for her and that something has to be done in a hurry.

Things are messy and I get Miyo trying to push herself. She really wants to be a rock that can support others. But it's just a lot to ask of herself while she's being targeted. Of course she doesn't really get the danger she's truly in, but the results are tough since she's reaching her limits.

Guess we'll see how this all plays out.
Old 2023-09-06, 10:02   Link #158
Frontier

I guess if Miyo's issue is a problem related to the Usuba's, the only recourse left is to confront the Usuba's about it. Though if I were Miyo, I totally would've leaned into the Kiyoka Princess Carry more .

So I see the cherry blossoms are an Usuba thing, considering they have their own out-of-season in front of their mansion. Definitely a pretty visual if nothing else .

Yoshiro Usuba, Miyo's maternal grandfather! Although to be honest it doesn't seem like the Usuba's are much better than the Saimori's since they seem to only care about Miyo now that her supernatural powers have awakened, with said powers involving dream-sight, which explains all her nightmares. And of course they want Miyo for themselves and think she's better off with them than Kiyoka .

Unsurprisingly Kiyoka is not having it, and I just feel bad for Miyo that she's caught in-between an argument over her that she can't even speak up for. And her emotions are so confused, and she's so worried about being a burden to Kiyoka, that she just doesn't know what to do .

A duel over a lady? How old-fashioned. That being said, any excuse for Kiyoka to cut loose, now with added sword! Although Arata is handy with a gun and his own illusion-based abilities, and it turns out the reasons the Usuba's don't often have the spirit sight (which is what initially screwed Miyo over) is because their family is known for being the weapon against other people with supernatural abilities. Their basically an assassination squad against humans .

But Kiyoka isn't about to let Arata's smug smile and illusions get between him and Miyo as he unleashes his thunder and fire and dispells all the illusions...but it's an illusion of Miyo that undoes everything. Low blow, Arata, low blow !

And as if Kiyoka's relationship problems aren't enough, now the Grotesqueries are banding together to storm the capital !

At least Hazuki is there to patch up Kiyoka's wounds and tell him off for being an idiot this whole time. Multiple sister punches to the head are enough to get Kiyoka to realize he needed to understand where Miyo was coming from and why she was trying so hard for him, and really listen to her, and once he's finished with the Grotesqueries he'll get her back for sure !

Miyo once again is basically being held prisoner by her family, just now on her mothers' side. In fact it was her mother who sealed her powers to begin with, as we start to unravel the story of Sumi Usuba. I can only imagine she sealed Miyo's powers because she knew how powerful Dream-Sight would be (the power to enter into and manipulate people's dreams and see the past/present/future) and didn't want the families to use and abuse her over it .
Old 2023-09-06, 18:04   Link #159
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yeah, the Usubas are not much better than the Saimoris. At the end of the day, all they care about is supernatural powers.

Since there are two episodes left I figured Kiyoka would lose the duel, but it was still painful to watch. Almost won, too. I have to admit the illusion fooled me as well, Arata played his cards well. I wouldn't call it a cheap shot, he won using his abilities at the end of the day.

So Miyo's powers allows her to inception people and even outright brainwash them. And on top of it she'll awaken clairvoyance EX someday? Damn, talk about overpowered. No wonder the Emperor doesn't want to leave her be.
Old 2023-09-06, 23:32   Link #160
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah, the Usubas are not much better than the Saimoris. At the end of the day, all they care about is supernatural powers.

Since there are two episodes left I figured Kiyoka would lose the duel, but it was still painful to watch. Almost won, too. I have to admit the illusion fooled me as well, Arata played his cards well. I wouldn't call it a cheap shot, he won using his abilities at the end of the day.

So Miyo's powers allows her to inception people and even outright brainwash them. And on top of it she'll awaken clairvoyance EX someday? Damn, talk about overpowered. No wonder the Emperor doesn't want to leave her be.
I can only imagine how powerful her mother was with her telepathy .