AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2020-05-31, 08:32   Link #14601
Lucidrago

I wonder if it's just the U.S. at this point or are the other member countries of Union like China, Russia, and Saudi Arabia in on this or at least aware of it. Or maybe the U.S. is trying to rope them into this by accusing Japan and the League for being the forces behind Rebellion and threatening to expose the other countries' involvement with the League if they don't accept this course of action. As the U.S. trying to become the world's 'justice' really can't be sitting right with them.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 08:46   Link #14602
AP24

At the very least I would expect to see the other Chinese Desperados to show up since they were mentioned already.

Tsukikage and the others were captured before Or-Gaule attacked Vermillion so Vol 17 ending would have taken place over 2 weeks later. Ouma's fight against Abraham takes place around 4 days after Tsukikage's capture so makes me wonder if Ouma will successfully rescue Tsukikage and the others since there are still over 10 days unaccounted for.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-02, 09:15   Link #14603
Lucidrago

@AP24 I wonder how long ago Nangou left to go find Tsukikage. I'm not as familiar with the timeline as you are.
Old 2020-06-02, 12:08   Link #14604
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
@AP24 I wonder how long ago Nangou left to go find Tsukikage. I'm not as familiar with the timeline as you are.
Tsukikage is the Prime Minister, they will start looking for him if he's missing even for a day or two. Nangou was already out of the country looking for Tsukikage about a week after Tsukikage was captured.

I remember that Vermillion is located along the coast of the North Sea and its neighbor Cradleland is bordered with Poland. So Vermillion is close to Czechoslovakia then it's very likely Tsukikage will go to Vermillion after being rescued.
Old 2020-06-02, 15:25   Link #14605
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Tsukikage is the Prime Minister, they will start looking for him if he's missing even for a day or two. Nangou was already out of the country looking for Tsukikage about a week after Tsukikage was captured.

I remember that Vermillion is located along the coast of the North Sea and its neighbor Cradleland is bordered with Poland. So Vermillion is close to Czechoslovakia then it's very likely Tsukikage will go to Vermillion after being rescued.
Maybe Charlotte manages to rescue Rinna and Sara but isn't able to rescue Tsukikage and Kouzou. And Ouma ends up fleeing after realizing he can't beat Carter on his own. And the four of them head to Vermillion. And Ikki ends up rescuing Tsukikage and Kouzou. While Ouma and Stella face Carter I guess.
Old 2020-06-02, 21:58   Link #14606
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
Maybe Charlotte manages to rescue Rinna and Sara but isn't able to rescue Tsukikage and Kouzou. And Ouma ends up fleeing after realizing he can't beat Carter on his own. And the four of them head to Vermillion. And Ikki ends up rescuing Tsukikage and Kouzou. While Ouma and Stella face Carter I guess.
Even if any of them escaped they would have arrived in Vermillion after Ikki woke up from his coma and based on the timeline it would be at least a week after Ouma arrived at the US military base. Well I suppose it wouldn't be strange if it takes a week to elude the US military and safely arrive in Vermillion.
Old 2020-06-03, 00:17   Link #14607
KnightShade

OUMAN is back! edit - and looking like ikki's evil twin with the haircut. Somebody tell sara her muse just got a body double lol

Whatever happens, i'm sure ni-san will get the same level of good showings as yudaii and co did last volume. Ouma doesn't have to and probably cant win, but he cant job here either. My guess is the fight gets interrupted.

i'll reserve my opinions on the plot here since at this point i'm basically seeing this series through to the end but i will say this; it's lookin a little rough....

Last edited by KnightShade; 2020-06-03 at 00:53.
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-03, 12:18   Link #14608
Lucidrago

I think that Carter only has one magic ability. We've seen him float down from the sky, being able to forcibly move another person's body, create flames, control someone's mind, use electrokinesis, and is able to disappear from one spot and reappear in another. All those abilities may be linked to the one ability he has. So I believe Carter has a conceptual manipulation magic ability.

And is it just me or does the author seem obsessed with gauntlet Devices as of late?
Old 2020-06-03, 12:21   Link #14609
AP24

It's never said Carter's Device are gauntlets

Tendou's ability should be nature interference
Old 2020-06-03, 13:23   Link #14610
Lucidrago

Quote:
It's never said Carter's Device are gauntlets

Tendou's ability should be nature interference
Well I just assumed since Carter had on gauntlets when he attacked Ouma. But you're right.

Tendou's ability was to manipulate the concept of 'disaster.' Saying it was nature manipulation is like saying Naseem's ability is nature manipulation just because he could control sand.
Old 2020-06-03, 13:36   Link #14611
AP24

Naseem's ability was drying

Disasters exist in nature so it should be nature interference
Old 2020-06-03, 14:33   Link #14612
Lucidrago

Quote:
Naseem's ability was drying

Disasters exist in nature so it should be nature interference
The concept of disaster is man-made though. Disasters aren't something that exist naturally as it was a concept thought up by people.

Gravity is something that naturally exists. Water is something that naturally exists. Wind is something that naturally exists. A disaster isn't something that naturally exists.

Imagine if there was no one left on the planet. The wind would still blow. Gravity would still send fruit falling from a tree. The earth would still move. The rivers would still flow. But there would be no natural disasters like from a flood or blizzard as the concept of disaster itself was something thought of by men. But who would be around to call it a disaster if there were no people left on the planet?
Old 2020-06-03, 15:09   Link #14613
AP24

The fact is disasters originated from nature so it's nature interference
Old 2020-06-03, 16:54   Link #14614
Lucidrago

Quote:
The fact is disasters originated from nature so it's nature interference
But disasters don't naturally exist neither do they originate from nature since 'disaster' is a concept.

For example, a typhoon that is formed in the Pacific Ocean isn't a disaster unless it damages an inhabited island and results in massive destruction, loss of life, or both. If the typhoon stayeed in the Pacific and never made landfall and the winds didn't cause severe damage or resulted in massive flooding then you really can't call it a disaster.

Or another example are earthquakes. They can easily cause a lot of damage and massive loss of life. But there are minor earthquakes that tend to do nothing and can't really be called disasters.

So disasters don't 'originate' from nature as it is simply a concept that people created. The phenomena that originate from nature can be called disasters but disasters can't be said to naturally exist in nature as disaster is abstract.

And things like storms and earthquakes are naturally existing phenomena. Things like water, wind, and earth are things that naturally exist.
Old 2020-06-06, 13:12   Link #14615
AP24

Just found out that there is a Russian TL and surprisingly it's quite readable when I MTL the Russian text to English.
Old 2020-06-06, 14:27   Link #14616
Silvertail

Speaking of translations, does anyone know when the next English version volume of this series comes out? They haven't released any more volume since November. Although they did release the first three volumes at once, so I'm not sure how they're doing this.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 14:40   Link #14617
Roronoazolo

Sol press are releasing volume 4 on 6th July
Roronoazolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 15:45   Link #14618
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roronoazolo View Post
Sol press are releasing volume 4 on 6th July
Well at least now I can buy a volume that's past the anime series.
Old 2020-06-06, 18:58   Link #14619
Emperor of D.

If we get to see a 3rd fight between Ikki and Stella than I hope Stella wins. Losing to Ikki 3 times with the talent and potential she has would be nothing short of embarrassing.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-06, 21:08   Link #14620
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor of D. View Post
If we get to see a 3rd fight between Ikki and Stella than I hope Stella wins. Losing to Ikki 3 times with the talent and potential she has would be nothing short of embarrassing.
Because of Ikki's unique circumstances would kind of prevent that. Ikki had to go to a level that no other Blazer had gone before. Even now that he's a Desperado, he is still heavily disadvantaged in fights due to his weak magic ability and low levels of mana. He has to rely on his swordsmanship, physical ability, and his deep insight. And even with such things being at superhuman levels it still isn't close to enough against the strongest magic users he ends up usually fighting. He's firced to rely on his two Noble Arts and he can't just spam Ittou Shura and Ittou Rasetsu like Touka can spam Raikiri.

While Stella was literally born with a full deck from the start. Powerful magic ability and huge amounts of mana.

This is Ikki's series and having Stella defeat him would go against the very title of the series. As just looking at them, it would be obvious to anyone that Stella is a superior Blazer to Ikki. Stella would really gain nothing from defeating Ikki as she is already acknowledged as an incredibly strong Blazer and would be kind of pointless after Ikki already beat her to become the Seven Stars Sword King.

Tags
action, comedy, couple, drama, ecchi, harem?, not-harem, romance, school, supernatural